Home

Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

This is a discussion on Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-02-2004, 01:39 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Bill's Sliders Plus Franchise House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I started a franchise as the Titans. My receivers dropped almost every pass I threw in the first half. I had a hard time getting a running game going but that was to be expected playing against the Dolphins. Travis Minor running for 220 yards against the Titans defense is a little suspect though.
I don't know what to say about receivers dropping passes, because McNair eats my lunch every time I play them. They don't drop many against me. :-)

As far as running goes, I will second what Likwidkewl said. Schemes make a huge difference in this game, at least in my experience. With my safeties in deep zones, I rarely give up big runs. If I run man coverage or just have one safety deep, I will get burned far more often.

It would be an interesting experiment to run man coverage with no more than one safety deep for an entire game, then play a game with two safeties deep the whole time and check the difference.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:46 PM   #34
Pro

OT, but in response to a few questions. I've played NHL2K5 for a few hours and I'm pretty impressed. However, the more I thought about it, the less it made sense to have a slider project. Guys like Waz and Hrudey 32 are legends when it comes to making sliders for hockey games. I might tweak a few of their settings, but I won't come up with anything from scratch to match what they can do. It's the same reason I wouldn't do NCAA sliders--there are guys with impeccable pedigrees creating them already.

I am going to experiment a bit with difficulty level. On All-star I don't think the CPU defense is as aggressive as I'd like them to be. But beyond that, I probably won't do much. Plus as much as I like NHL, I absolutely can't stop playing NFL. I think I'm up to nearly a hundred hours in my VIP profile. I hope my wife never sees that!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think the best NHL2K5 sliders will be based off PRO level this year. There is enough room to change sliders now that they make a bigger difference and you aren't give the CPU an artificial edge, like in speed. You are right though Hrudey32 makes some great sliders. Him and WAZ are very passionate about the game. You did great work with NFL2K5 so take a rest and just enjoy NHL. Now if someone could do something about the terrible Special Teams AI in NFL2K5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
OT, but in response to a few questions. I've played NHL2K5 for a few hours and I'm pretty impressed. However, the more I thought about it, the less it made sense to have a slider project. Guys like Waz and Hrudey 32 are legends when it comes to making sliders for hockey games. I might tweak a few of their settings, but I won't come up with anything from scratch to match what they can do. It's the same reason I wouldn't do NCAA sliders--there are guys with impeccable pedigrees creating them already.

I am going to experiment a bit with difficulty level. On All-star I don't think the CPU defense is as aggressive as I'd like them to be. But beyond that, I probably won't do much. Plus as much as I like NHL, I absolutely can't stop playing NFL. I think I'm up to nearly a hundred hours in my VIP profile. I hope my wife never sees that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2004, 04:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the sliders they are GREAT! My question to u is with the sacks in your franchises. R u getting a realistic amount during your seasons let say 12-17 per year with the best pass rusher on your team, with the cpu blocking sliders maxed at 40?

I've just been playing exhibition games with your sliders until the OFFICIAL XBOX LIVE roster update comes out next week. Then i'll start my franchise...

I use the BUCS and it is a real accomplishment/challenge whenever i'm able to get a sack while controlling Rice or Mcfarland on the line. I'm lucky to get one per game with these guys (but i like it like that) i feel rewarded when i finally get in for a sack....

I haven't started a franchise yet so i just wanted to know if the end of season sacks have been accurate for your top pass rushers on your team....

thanks again, awesome sliders......
Old 09-02-2004, 11:22 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Hey Bill,
Thanks for the sliders they are GREAT! My question to u is with the sacks in your franchises. R u getting a realistic amount during your seasons let say 12-17 per year with the best pass rusher on your team, with the cpu blocking sliders maxed at 40?
Thanks, edubbs. I play as a defensive tackle, usually, and the amount of sacks and tackles I get per season seem reasonable. Plus I like how much effort is really required to play on the defensive line.

A few people have mentioned that if they don't play as a DL, it's more difficult to get pressure on the QB without blitzing. That's a hard balance to strike, because if CPU blocking is lowered to 30 or so, guys who manually control a DL will go wild, and CPU running will also suffer. So I thought 40 was the setting that gave the best game balance, all things considered.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #38
Rookie

Nukester's Arena

OVR: 2

I tried these slider for one quarter a few nights ago, and thought they would be great. Last night I re-re-re-re-re-re-started my franchise with the Giants, and played the Eagles for the millionth time. 16 turnovers later, Im left scratching my head.

I would have to consider myself a below average player in the game (maybe average). I would probably get whooped on online. However, in this game against the Eagles, I intercepted McNaab 8 times, Warner was picked off 5 times, and there were 3 fumble-turnovers (out of 4 fumbles). 3 of the 13 INT's went back for TD's. All of the INT's were by the CPU as I usually play the right DE on defense. Other than that, the stats looked pretty good (Barber had 76 yds on 22 carries, but I held Westbrook to around 25 yds on about 11 carries). Im stumped.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hey Bill,

I've loving your sliders....great work! One question for you...can you give some advice on playing D? I am getting torched all the time when it comes to playing pass D. Sometimes I just cant seem to stop the pass using your sliders. On defense, usually I control a DT like you but lately I have been experimenting with controlling a MLB or FS to try and slow down the CPU passing game. But sometimes I just can't seem to stop them. What are your general rules of thumb when you play D? Do you generally play man? Do you switch to the CB once a pass is thrown in hopes of providing tighter coverage? I bumped up the human pursuit slider a few notices from where you have it to make up for my lack of skills. But I'd be interested in hearing your general approach to playing pass D with the current slider settings you're using. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2004, 10:25 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

good job bill with those sliders... they are very god. The only thing is I think the premium back have to muh carries. Usually, the other teams backs gets anywhere between 25 and 35 carries against me and i never see the backups. I'm not sure if i should play with the fatigue slider ot the auto sub? what do you think???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »