Home

NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

This is a discussion on NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I gotta say, I've now played a handful of games and it's very noticeable. A little daylight and a receiver is gone. And the 2K5 feeling evaporating is exactly how I'd put it. I gotta say, though, somebody did a similar thing a few years ago, using Madden ratings, and that roster didn't quite work either. But, I can say from experience, if NFL2K is programmed anything like NHL2K, then different combinations of characteristics are used for the overall than on EA. It's their own algorithm which is why it's best to stick to a "2K" style grading system, but that of course means sitting and entering players one by one.
If you have a mathematical method of transforming the data from madden ratings to NFL2K5 ratings for the different attributes, then it can be used to modify the attributes. If you're interested in doing the transforms, then go ahead do them, test them and then share them (preferably using the formula syntax of NFL2K5Tool).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 02:10 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_AL
If you have a mathematical method of transforming the data from madden ratings to NFL2K5 ratings for the different attributes, then it can be used to modify the attributes. If you're interested in doing the transforms, then go ahead do them, test them and then share them (preferably using the formula syntax of NFL2K5Tool).
Listen, I'm not mocking or criticizing anything. I'm just giving feedback and trying to do so in the most constructive way possible. Sorry, if I sounded like I was being overly critical. I don't know how NFL2K5 is programmed, I have no mathematical way of converting data. All I'm saying is that Madden is pretty unanimously attacked for their awful ratings to begin with and when I've seen or read about people doing similar conversions in sports games from title to title it tends to show that data from oranges can't be applied to apples. And myself and the other person here said similar things about our experiences playing with the rosters. But, I'm not knocking it at all. All research is useful as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:43 PM   #27
Rookie

blythe's Arena

OVR: 0

LOVE THE ROSTERS thx u
Old 10-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #28
Rookie

packers's Arena

Version 4.1 is available

Fixed Depth Charts and Player photo/skins
Old 10-23-2020, 12:04 AM   #29
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

This is great. Gonna start a Franchise up now. Thx guys.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #30
Rookie

packers's Arena

I finished one more update adding Le'Veon Bell to the Chiefs. The Ros/Fran files both tested without any issues. I was unable to freeze the franchise and the roster played fine.

I will be updating the main post with this v4.2 update just in time for the weekend. Attached are a few clips from my testing.

Please share feedback as this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LB2.jpg (126.0 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg LB3.jpg (146.9 KB, 208 views)
Old 10-23-2020, 03:11 PM   #31
Rookie

packers's Arena

The latest Version 4.2 Update is now available, see the main post of this thread.

Here is one of my test games played testing the roster.
https://youtu.be/_t7qBrgbA8o

Both Ros/Fran files were validated in PCSX2 1.6.0. I was unable to freeze the franchise and I simulated the entire season.

Have fun playing and share some feedback.

If anyone is working on updated Free Agents or has access to a current Free Agents dataset. Please sync with me and we can update the FA's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #32
Rookie

blythe's Arena

you are the TRUTH.. MAN THX YOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »