Home

2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

This is a discussion on 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

About the OVR, my friend thinks it is a great idea because a lot of the time people will just sign a guy cause he has 85. Well, now you have to look at his attributes.

Ex: an Offensive Tackle who has 95 Strength, 88 Consistency, 57 Run Block, 66 Pass Block. 6' 5" 305 lbs. Say, he is rated 85 overall.

Another Offensive Tackle... 72 Strength, 78 Consistency, 85 Run Block, 69 Pass Block. 6' 3" 300 lbs. He would be rated 76 overall.

Clearly the second OT is better so you would sign him, but that doesn't mean the 85 guy is still good it would just add a variety and I am tired of always trimming down guys after I insert their attributes because he is rated higher. For my roster, if the back-up is rated higher he will not be as good as the starter just have a higher overall rating.

Also, after reading some scouting reports - particulary on QB John Parker Wilson on the Falcons... It reads that he was involved in a Shotgun Offense in college. So any player who has worked in the Shotgun will have a very low Composure rating. I am talking 10 being the lowest.. John Parker Wilson will have 18 in the Composure department.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9

The rosters are almost complete. The exhibition rosters are going to be the active players - the people who are on IR will be sitting in Free Agency and you can choose who you want to cut and whatever. The reason behind this, my Franchise File is going to have complete teams (Practice Squads and IR players) so after pre-season is done you do the cuts and keep whoever you want. You're looking at maybe 60 people on a roster.

I been hard at work with this roster set, trying to make them exact and I promise you wont be dissapointed at my work. I been using the DirecTV RedZone package to try and watch every game I can, even though it doesn't show everything it will give me a few ideas where to start.

I am going to wait until the season is over to finalize them, because throughout the year I have been stuck going back and fourth (especially the Broncos who had first were one of the worst teams). Now, you will have to look clearly at your players - an example Hank Fraley.

Hank Fraley in my game is back-up center, rated 73 overall. 88 run block, 84 pass block. 38 Consistency, 10 Stamina, 89 Composure, 50 Aggressiveness.

Alex Mack, starting center, 80 overall. 88 run block, 77 pass block, 64 Consistency, 76 Stamina, 8 Composure, 79 Aggressiveness.

Hank Fraley is a solid back-up, but that stamina and inconsistent performance can only stay in so long if Alex Mack gets hurt.

What I am trying to say, in the off-season Stamina will be the one stat you have to look at for finding out a starter. Just cause a guy is an 95 overall, doesn't mean he will be able to play every down.

Kris Jenkins 95 overall has only 22 Stamina and 25 Durability - big weaknesses for a tough player who has 95 run coverage and 79 pass rush. (also 66 consistency)

Brandon Jacobs, despite the 100 Break Tackle and 96 overall, his consistency is in the 30s and Stamina in the 40s so he will not be ideal for every down and be a constant power house (like Ricky Williams in NFL 2K4)

If you guys know how to convert PS3 files into Xbox, let me know cause I am figuring it out.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Will my Dolphins wildcat ever be implemented?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayp
Will my Dolphins wildcat ever be implemented?
It would be cool, but I don't think there are any plays in 2k5 that are anything like it, so unless someone completely hacks the game and devises a way to create plays (not impossible, but I'd bet super unlikely) the answer is no.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #53
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
It would be cool, but I don't think there are any plays in 2k5 that are anything like it, so unless someone completely hacks the game and devises a way to create plays (not impossible, but I'd bet super unlikely) the answer is no.
Well according to one of the roster makers he has found a way. He wouldnt share what he did to get the cpu to run those plays. If you try hard enough, you can find plays that are similar to wildcat plays, you just have to sub the rb as the qb for that formation you plan to use. So if you have a created playbook to give the cpu to use when you play them, you could see some wildcat plays.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #54
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I thiink that would be a great project for someone who is good in that area. Create some playbooks (Wildcat, Run and Shoot, etc.) and share. I had a run and shoot for my Lions, and it was nice seeing them only run single back plays, but it needed work.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Jsou was able to implement the Wildcat offense with the Miami Dolphins in his current roster 2009. I was playing a franchise game with my Raiders and they played the Dolphins and they lined up in the Wildcat with Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown, Brown then proceeded to run for a 60yd score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #56
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Could you save that as a playbook and post it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »