Home

2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

This is a discussion on 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: 2Koalition NFL 2K Roster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
You see it on Sunday, you see it in 2K.
Adding to my last post: the reason I mention all this is because low Consistency ratings are one of the causes of the whacky gameplay and player behavior one sees at times with NFL 2K5. My primary intent with editing ratings was to fix the nonsensical gameplay flaws -- DBs who run off to the sidelines to admire the cheerleaders; LBs who take crazy circular routes to the QB when blitzing; OLs who politely step aside and allow D players to sack the QB; etc.

In other words, I've tried to eliminate the unrealistic player behavior you don't see in the NFL. And it's the Consistency rating that has the greatest effect on how players perform and behave. With the Consistency rating up for all players, they'll at least play smart, realistic football most of the time -- much closer to how players perform in real life, and what you see on Sunday as you said.

Last edited by baa7; 09-14-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Be aware there is a huge glitch with custom playbooks. The CPU will at times blitz all 11 players, leaving your receivers open for an easy reception and TD. I've seen it happen dozens of times, and as many as three times in a single game (5 min quarters).
Thanks for pointing this out, but I intended the CPU to use other team playbooks (CPU Broncos would use the Patriots). The custom playbook is an option for the User like say I want to start a Franchise with the Broncos. I could just use another playbook that has a 3-4 alignment or the one my friend is making and edit it as the seasons go on (unless you want to go back to 4-3). It's all about giving the option to the player. I never intended for the CPU to use it, and it'd be a pain to control those teams just to set them up with their playbooks anyway.

Quote:
Just throwing this out there... IMO, Consistency is the most important attribute for any player. If you track drafted players over their first couple of years, you'll see it's their Consistency rating that jumps up and causes the increase in their overall rating.

I look at it this way: if an NFL player isn't able to perform consistently on 95% of the plays he's involved in, then he wouldn't be playing football. That's why the the Consistency ratings in my roster are 95 and higher for all players. I understand people want to see a difference between star players and scrubs. But that can be accomplished by setting other ratings lower, in the way you've lowered QB Accuracy, Arm Strength, Composure, etc.
I was playing against the Browns with the Panthers (this was before trade cuts). I have Brady Quinn rated 39 consistency and I tweaked the sliders by +3 or +4, do not remember cause yes he was making some bad throws. When I did this, near the end of the 1st quarter the Browns really began to pass on me and I couldn't fall asleep on the QB. It came to a point where I had to make a comeback against the Browns and i beat them in the 2nd overtime.

Brady Quinn had 353 yards 3 TDs, 1 pick

A lot of the back-up QBs have the lower consistency rating: Kyle Boller 35, Daunte Culpepper 29, just off-hand I remember those two. Jake Delhomme is a 78 (after that game with Philly, I'd give him a 58 LOL)

also to make point, a lot of the arm strengths I kept the same and I must say -- Sim Stats were never better.

Baa you seem to know a lot about QB GamePlay, so check this out and tell me what you think.

VC gave David Garrard 55 arm strength on the default roster. I kept it the same and raised all of his other attributes and he's still a beast (79 overall).

IIRC: 55 Arm Strength, 84 Accuracy, 80 Read Coverage, 87 Leadership, 80 Composure, 85 Consistency, 60-something Strength, gave him his real speed and agility he has like 66 speed. Excellent break tackle rating and 80-something scramble. Jaguar fans you probably hate me for the 55 arm strength, but VC did it so blame them lol. if you want Garrard to have better arm strength, do the Weekley Prep.

After I did that, I went to Chad Pennington's arm strength and lowered it to a 54 or 56, but he has 98 accuracy and a beast in other categories (85 overall). His other attributes are mainly the same from the default.

Drew Brees' arm strength, I gave him a 78 but debating to give him an 80. He is 97 overall, and I might boost him up to 98 (Brady being a 99 and Peyton being 100). Drew Brees is deadly.

i dont know if that is a good or bad idea i did for the Quarterbacks, but the simulated stats weren't insane. to note i didnt play against any of those teams.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
i dont know if that is a good or bad idea i did for the Quarterbacks, but the simulated stats weren't insane. to note i didnt play against any of those teams.
I think it's a great idea to differentiate between QB's like that. IMO there are too many players that are all rated within a few points of each other in these games.

Pass Strength is an interesting rating because it has a big impact on gameplay in User-CPU games (don't know how or if it affects sim results). QBs who soft toss are really susceptable to INTs, much moreso than the stong-armed guys. Lowering ratings and spreading them out like that really adds to the gameplay realism.

What are your max Arm Strength ratings? I ran tests a couple years ago, and I came to the conclusion that anything over 89-90 Arm Strength resulted in throws which moved at speeds that were humanly impossible. IMO of course.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #20
Banned

ranging so far 51 which are Josh McCown (2K4 arm strength) and Seneca Wallace.

top guns: 100 Brett Favre, 99 JaMarcus Russell, 98 Jared Lorenzen, 98 Daunte Culpepper, 97 Michael Vick, 96 Josh Freeman, 93 Josh Beck, 91 Jay Cutler

most of the arm strengths (Lorenzen, Beck, and Cutler are accurate) are based on the ball throw MPH and in Puja's chart. Russell, I saw him throw a ball down on one knee so I gave him 99. Culpepper originally had 94 and I might put him back there, but he is sticking around at 98 for now subject to change. Vick was a 99 but lowered to a 97. Freeman I just slapped that on him cause his scouting report was boasting on his arm strength.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #21
Banned

I also toggled with stamina, secure ball, and aggression for Quarterbacks. Again, this was for variety and based it all on the Rookie Report in the draft.

Some QBs have really low stamina like in the 20s and some QBs have 90s.

Examples of SEC, STA, and AGG

Brady Quinn
Secure Ball 42
Stamina 91
Aggressiveness 88

Derek Anderson
Secure Ball 5
Stamina 60
Aggressiveness 67

Tom Brady
Secure Ball 19
Stamina 37
Aggressiveness 84

Drew Brees
Secure Ball 54
Stamina 33
Aggressiveness 94

Ben Roethlisberger
Secure Ball 65
Stamina 56
Aggressiveness 95

Kerry Collins
Secure Ball 51
Stamina 20
Aggressiveness 77

David Garrard
Secure Ball 57
Stamina 41
Aggressiveness 90
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Just throwing this out there... IMO, Consistency is the most important attribute for any player. If you track drafted players over their first couple of years, you'll see it's their Consistency rating that jumps up and causes the increase in their overall rating.

I look at it this way: if an NFL player isn't able to perform consistently on 95% of the plays he's involved in, then he wouldn't be playing football. That's why the the Consistency ratings in my roster are 95 and higher for all players. I understand people want to see a difference between star players and scrubs. But that can be accomplished by setting other ratings lower, in the way you've lowered QB Accuracy, Arm Strength, Composure, etc.
This is why I have every player's consistency attribute the same as their overall rating. If Brady is 95, he should be rated 95 in consistency as well because if he wasnt consistent, he wouldnt be rated 95. Same goes for players who are rated in the 50's and 60's but in the opposite direction.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #23
TRP
Rookie

TRP's Arena

OVR: 4

If your final franchise file is for ps3 (.rar), I might be able to convert it for ps2 aswell (.max)

just pm me when you'll have finish

The complete experience - The Rebuilding Project
Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #24
Banned

Team Overalls:
Oakland Raiders are completed: 69 Offense, 71 Defense, 73 Overall. Probably going to be the 2nd worst team in the game, behind the Lions. Rams, Chiefs, Bengals will be very low. If I can throw out overall numbers without looking... Rams 75, Chiefs 75, Bengals 77. Lions will be between 65-68. Browns are currently an 82 but I am going to go back and tweak their roster down to a 78-79. Texans are going to be an 80, I feel they're a good team in a tough division (Colts, Titans, Jaguars).

The Roster:
The exhibition roster will be the final 53 man roster cut, minus the IR Replacements. Josh McCown was recently put on IR, and the Panthers signed A.J. Feeley. Eagles signed Jeff Garcia - both of them (as others) will be in the Free Agency. For the Franchise file, I am going to release this and another Franchise file (with players on IR). I like how in the Finn Editor I can place a person on IR, adding a lot more realism. I hate dumping a guy from the roster to add another. Now, I can keep McCown with the Panthers in IR and have A.J. Feeley on the depth chart. Swell.

Assigning Attributes:
I have been going through several statistics and analysis on players from combine to scouting reports, browsing the internet. I hate the fact that NFLDraftScout rid of their website functions. Whenever I go to search for a player it redirects me to CBSSports.com. I can still google players, but some times not all of them show up so it is a real pain in the neck to localize combine measurements. I have been using one of Puja's rosters as a guide to players I cannot find for SPD, AGL, STR, and JMP. The rest I work in by reviewing their analysis and checking out their statistics from last year. Before I go about editing that player, I look at the OVR Madden 10 gave them to get a good idea (do not own the game, its an excel spread sheet). I see they gave Daryl Smith an 85, in my game I gave him an 87. A player rated high in Madden 10, might be rated low in my game. If they are rated low, they might be rated high. Once again it is just a guide. The Raiders for instance have a lot of low-rated players that Madden made high. I agree on some of their ratings, and others not so much.

Franchise File (Draft Picks):
Yeah, I spoke about the Standard and Premium - just bringing it up again. I kind of, sort've figured out a way to give the proper draft picks to the teams. Patriots have two first round picks, then they should have two in the game. Getting the right draft picks down should be no hassle. With the Flying Finn editor, it opens up opportunity. I sometimes wonder why buy something less for 60 dollars. The draft picks will have the real rookies and one of the other files will have the generated rookies. One little flaw I noticed with the generated rookies... when you set the schedule up for 2009 and then you go draft the rookies, their birthdates are coherent for 2004 draftees. So you would be drafting a 26 year old rookie. It is something little though, I doubt they will be retiring after 5 years. This game has other flaws far greater than a simple birthdate (CB stats come to mind). If it keeps the Franchise playable for multiple years - who gives a flying duck.

Well, just giving you guys an update on what is going on. I am very busy with school so I wanted to squeeze the unfinished Raiders out today. Also, check out the Player Look-a-Likes, they will be in the Franchise file i release just so it is not bland with the "NO PHOTO". if you guys dont want that, just tell me and ill make another file. no biggie

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »