Home

What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

This is a discussion on What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

there is another way to update the roster without using maxdrive disc all you need is a MC with freemcboot on it and then just download and copy the rosters to flash drive i think you may have to convert the file to psv but can not remember i have done it once before with the 2012-2013 roster doing it again cause i have to update my rosters again will let yall know about the converting part if you have to convert to file to psv after you have downloaded it.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:11 PM   #50
ody
Rookie

ody's Arena

I think i'm having trouble unpacking the files. Is winrar ok to use?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #51
ody
Rookie

ody's Arena

Maybe I should be more specific. I'm trying to transfer to a ps2 using a regular usb drive and the max media disc. I've tried many different methods to unzip the files and they seem to be unpacked. However, when I load up the usb and MAX media disc, none of the files show up. Any help would be great, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #52
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Does your usb show up?

Make sure the max file is on the root of the usb (not in any folders)

If that still doesn't work, check to see what format your usb is. FAT32 seems to work more reliably compared to NTFS.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #53
ody
Rookie

ody's Arena

It shows up but it says its a PSP, which I found kinda odd. The Max Media disc does specifically say it's for transfering files from usb to ps2 so I don't know why it would come up as a PSP. I'm not sure how to check for FAT32 or NTFS.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #54
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

It was originally made for a PSP. It comes with a PC disc too, where you can install a media manager to transfer your media files to a PSP. The PS2 disc was for backing up your PS2 saves onto your PSP. Since the PSP is USB based, you could also use normal USB sticks which is why I recommend the Max Media as an cheaper alternative to a max drive or action replay since it does the same thing (minus the cheat codes).

If your drive is showing up, then it should be compatible with the PS2. Like I said before make sure the max file is on the root of the drive and not in any folders. Sometimes it takes a little bit for the max file to show up, so give it a little while.

If you want to check your drive type, go to My Computer (if on windows) and right click on your usb stick and go to properties. On the general tab, look under File System and it'll tell you your drive's type (FAT or NTFS). PS2 seems like it's more compatible with FAT32, so if this USB stick doesn't have any important files on it, I'd suggest formatting it to FAT32.

Right click on your USB stick again, and choose format, and choose FAT32. It'll erase all your files, but it'll be in FAT32 format. Copy the max file onto the USB and try the transfer process again.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:12 PM   #55
ody
Rookie

ody's Arena

Thanks for all the help, I'll keep trying. Maybe I'll try it with a different flash drive. I notice your avatar is the Rochester minor league team. I'm from Syracuse to I guess by default that makes us interstate rivals Are you also a Lancers fan? I'm a Chiefs fan but lately I'm more into soccer so I've been paying more attention to that. Again, thanks for all the help. I'll let you know if I have any success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #56
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Haha, yeah I guess we are rivals. I used to go to a lot of games when I was younger but not so much anymore. Newest Bill LeSean McCoy is having his celeb softball game in June here in Rochester so I might go check that out. I've seen the Lancers on the local sports channel but never really got into it. Looks like a ton of fun to play though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »