Home

What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

This is a discussion on What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

thanks for the help cyclone i needed to know the same information, i have a question can u download the pc software disc youll need or do i have to order it??? i already have the ar max replay evo edition it came with the max drive 16mb...email me if you can [email protected]... or do yo know the name of the software i need to download it seems its hard to get this dam pc max drive software disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

PLEASE HELP! I have followed all the instructions I could on this forum and through googling, but still no luck with getting the rosters successfully into the game.

I have:
-PS2
-AR MAX PS2 disc
-AR MAX software installed on computer
-regular thumbdrive w/ rosters transferred via AR MAX computer software
-regular PS2 memory card

Problem:
When I start up the PS2 with AR MAX disc, it says "insert your action replay max hardware now."
The thumbdrive light is on, so I know it is working. And all the instructions I have followed said that the AR MAX drive and memory cards are not required.
HELP!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #43
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

What format is your thumbdrive? I'm not 100% sure but it might need to be in FAT32 format (for ps3 it has to be so I'm guessing the same for ps2). Let me know if that works.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #44
Just started!

Thanks for the quick reply GillBoldberg!

I reformatted a couple thumbdrives to FAT32 and loaded the files using the ARmax software on the computer, but still the same dang "insert your action replay max hardware now." I wonder if I should go all out and get the ARmax thumbdrive and memory card, but I'd hate to blow the money if this is an easy fix

Thanks again for the reply!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #45
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Well, I looked around a bit and it seems that some versions of action replay aren't compatible with USB drives. Which is really dumb. The version I have is able to read my old psp (which is FAT32) and my portable HD (which is NTFS) so I'm not sure..

http://www.gamehoof.com/2006/06/06/c...d-games-to-pc/ here's a tutorial I found. Says to format it to FAT16 not 32. Worth a shot. Hopefully it works for you.

Last edited by GillBoldberg; 01-14-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #46
Just started!

Thanks again for trying really hard! I reformatted to the FAT16 and did all the usual stuff to no avail. I think you might be right that some of the AR MAX PS2 discs won't let you use a thumbdrive at all. I suppose I can just shoot for one of the complete AR MAX packages when I have the money unless you think of anything else
Old 12-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #47
Just started!

What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

Hey, I'm not sure what I need to update the rosters for 2k5 on PS2. I looked online for videos but there is nothing that I can find. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #48
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

You'll need an AR Max or the cheap alternative, which I used for years MAX Media.

If you do buy a single disc of the Max Media make sure it says "For PS2" on it, not PC. The PC one is pretty much useless. You drag and drop a roster file (.max) onto a flash drive, stick it in your ps2 with the Max disc and you'll be able to transfer saves to and from your memory cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »