Home

JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

This is a discussion on JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #65
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

Eagles update....... I just heard on the local radio that Klecko is not going to stick at the FB position. He'll head back to his DT position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 7

k, I'm a noob to my XBOX (no 360 lol)

But how do I get these rosters imported to my XBOX hard drive?

Do I need a Max drive like my Ps2?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 AM   #67
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-train
k, I'm a noob to my XBOX (no 360 lol)

But how do I get these rosters imported to my XBOX hard drive?

Do I need a Max drive like my Ps2?
You just need an Action Replay. It connects to computer's USB and you drag the zip files on to a memory card and thats it.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
Nah man Bradley is the clear cut starting middle LB for us. Gocong will remain at the strong side LB spot & continue to get better & Gaither will start at the "Will"" or weakside LB spot w/ Jordan replacing him in the Nickel & even challenging Gaither for the starting "will" LB spot. This is all from Eagles D cooridinator Jim Johnson's mouth.
It's basically the same three but with Bradley in the middle and Gaither outside. I dont see Jordan being a starter though. You cant always go by what coordinators say because it's usually the opposite.

Quote:
Booker is a very,very talented player dude. Don't slight the guy. he was 3 rd round pick last year who really played well in the later part of 07 when he was finally given a real opportunity to play. Dolphins admittadly didn't really know how to use Booker & take advantage of his skill set the Eagles do all you have to do is look at Westbrook who is the same type of player except Westbrook is a better RB & booker maybe be a better WR of the 2 but both can do both at a very High Level. Booker is going to be another "weapon" at our disposal on Offense Guaranteed. He will make an impact both as a a RB/WR & as our #1 KR. (DeSean will be the PR & get some time as a KR at times but he's better at PR than KR though).
I'm not bashing Booker. In fact, he should have been the Dolphins starter last season once Brown went down. MIA didnt know what the hell to do with the guy. I'm just surprised that Philly would trade for him when they have a bunch of RB's to begin with. Could be another weapon for McNabb which he definitely needs since he has no dominant WR (coughShouldHaveKeptT.O.cough) and the team wasnt able to convince Moss to come to Philly.

Quote:
Lawton seems like a pretty intriguing player the more I read up on him. Good FB & special teams player which in the end may give him the edge over the other 2. Eagles insist that the trade for Lawton isn't an idiptment against Jason Davis or Klecko but how can it not be?? It's at the very least an even 3 man race for that 1 FB spot. But I think it's way too early though to say that Klecko hasn't worked out the way the Eagles would have hoped. Their in shorts & "shells" right now. Training camp & the preseason will be the true test & proving ground.
Lawton will most likely be the starting FB even though I wouldnt be surprised if they moved TE Kris Wilson there since he has experience at the position when he was in KC. Klecko has already been moved back to DT where he belongs which is why they traded for Lawton. See what I mean when I say that you cant go buy what coordinators (or anyone for that matter) say because it's always the opposite.

Quote:
As far as TE's go I will put $ down that Schobel doesn't make the team. Eagles will only carry 3 TE's according to Eagles GM Tom Heckert. so somebody has to go & schobell will be the guy who goes unless there is an injury or something...knock on wood that nothing bad happens to LJ,Celek or Wilson because all 3 are very good TE's who will be lethal in the opponents Red Zone. Wilson was signed as insurance in case LJ leaves next year anyway. He or Celek will most likely be our starter at TE in 09 & beyond & I'm cool w/ that because both Wilson & Celek have enough talent to be pretty darn good starting TE's. W/ so much depth the Eagles have at other positions & positions the Eagles always like to go heavy at there is No way we keep 4 TE's. 3 on the active roster & maybe 1 developmental guy on PS is how it will go down.
Eagles just signed Schobel two years ago and he's a solid backup. Wilson hasnt proved anything in his four year career at TE but does have experience at FB and again, I wouldnt be surprised if they move him back there to compete with Lawton as Klecko has already been moved back to DT where he belongs. If L.J. leaves in a year, Celek and Wilson isnt exactly going to scare opposing defenses. Celek may turn out to be a good one but he still has a lot to learn.

Quote:
Well McDougle was going to be cut last year be like every year but 1 of his career he was on IR & you can't cut injured guys on IR. There is a rule I believe that says you can't. & sure he was High 1st round pick that the Eagles traded up to get back in 03 & yeah McDougle has had some bad luck w/ some crazy injuries (being shot then having complications w/ the surgery afterwards) & maybe internally the Eagles were a little to lenient but enough is enough. You can only give a guy so many chances paying him the kind of $ their paying for basically nothing. & w/ the ton of quality depth the Eagles have on the D-line there is no way he can make this team unless he is absolutely dominant in training camp or there is (god forbid) a serious injury to somebody.
You can waive injured players after reaching an injury settlement with that player. Personally, I would have already released McDougle. No point in keeping him when he'll most likely get injured again and you're then on the hook for his full salary. Plus, there's so much depth on the DL, he's not needed anymore.

Quote:
You listen to Jim Johnson (Eagles D-cooridinator) it looks like Darren Howard will be akey part of the D-line rotation as a pass rushing Nickle DT. Howard is more a DT now that a DE. But 1 thing that has to be mentioned is that Howard has finally gotten serious & has worked his *** off this off season & has lost weight & put on more muscle & really gotten himself in the Best shape he's EVER been in so maybe this is the year he plays like the player he was in New Orleans....or at least close to the player he was then anway. So don't count out Darren Howard just yet the Eagles seemingly haven't they still think the guy can help us.
For the third time, dont go by what anyone on your team says as they all are doing nothing but blowing smoke up your ***. If Howard has lost weight, there's no way he's going to be a DT as wouldnt have bulk needed to play the position. Not to mention the fact that Patterson and Bunkley are pretty much set in stone as the starters plus they just drafted a DT in the second or third round. I'm not really counting out Howard with but depth at DE, I wouldnt be surprised if they release him.

We'll just have to wait and see.

2K5 related -

I love playing with Philly as they have my favorite playbook and must admit that when T.O. was there, I was unstoppable with them. Just wait until my 2K5 (2004) roster is finished, you'll be wishing that the Eagles offense was still that damn good.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #69
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I love playing with Philly as they have my favorite playbook and must admit that when T.O. was there, I was unstoppable with them. Just wait until my 2K5 (2004) roster is finished, you'll be wishing that the Eagles offense was still that damn good.
That's because 2K hadn't yet integrated the "off-the-field-drama" and "crying for my QB" attributes at that point....which would have significantly lowered his overall!
Old 06-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Packers

Jordy Nelson was misspelt Jordey Nelson

Starting RG should be Jason Spitz (move Spitz to guard)

Junius Coston should be the backup center (OTA's he has moved)

Allen Babre should be staring left guard

Craig Nall (QB) is not longer with the team, should be Matt Flynn for now.

Abdul Hodge is a middle linebacker.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #71
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Keep the info coming thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #72
Rookie

storcka9's Arena

OVR: 5

do you have to back up your hard drive before you are able to drag the save onto your hard drive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »