Home

JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

This is a discussion on JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-13-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

This is our 2008-2009 Roster file and settings. I also included a franchise file (with the new schedule of course) for those of you that can't wait to play an 08 season or franchise. Also I just wanted to say that for our rosters to play as we intended them to play you need to use our settings. For better players you can turn the pass and run block down, or if your not as skilled turn them up a couple clicks, but all other sliders should be let were they are. This update includes the following:
1. We used gettyimages.com for game day photos. In doing so we achieved about 96-100% matches for player skin color as well as all player equipment. This makes our roster look beyond real. This took about 2 hours each team.
2. Thanks to 500bloc and puja, we used combine numbers such as 40 times, bench and vertical jump to update players as far back as 2000. We still kept our ratings in all other areas just used combine numbers for those three areas.
3. Free agency updated as of 5-12-08 (Greg Spires to Oak not done), though he is a free agent so you could just add him to Oakland if you like. It is still really hard to with free agency still in progress to know which players won't be re-signed.
4. 2008 NFL Draft, rounds 1,2 and most of three as well as some big name rookies and other rookies that were needed to build up some rosters were also added. Rookie ratings are obviously not done to a tee, but are fairly close. Combine numbers were used, but fine tuning will happen at a later update, once player movement comes to a close we will add more rookies as needed.
There will be updates leading all the way up to the 08-09 Season. any questions you can email me at [email protected] or pm me here. hope you guys enjoy, play a couple games and give me some feedback. thanks josh

-25% Formula
Our roster is only meant to be played with the eq on. As for the -25% thing, we use this on our teams (player controlled teams in our season) this allows the cpu to be as strong as possible and sets our players at level were the players are still good, but not too good. By using the -25% on run coverage and pass coverage only it allows the cpu qb's to play well and allows thier run game to excel. I know it takes a little time but its worth it for us. Along wih those sliders posted this is as close to simulation as we could get. We also tried other rosters, which are also very good, but we like the game to be as tough as possible, where a couple bad plays can, and will cost you a game.

Most recent roster update located on permalink #246 in this thread. Updated as of 1-1-09
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_JSOU08rost1.zip (251.1 KB, 2002 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_08NFLfran1.zip (246.7 KB, 1035 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_NFLsetting.zip (9.0 KB, 898 views)

Last edited by jsou4646; 03-14-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

im glad i bought this game again when i had the chance. i know theres a way to turn an xbox save into a 360 save, but i have no idea how to do it. so is there a way someone could just post the 360 save, or do you have to follow all those steps?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

^they are one & the same; ie you dont "turn" a save into anything different for xbox 360

the problem is that xbox1 saves are formatted differently from the 360 memory card & cannot be stored on these cards.... so the steps you referenced are the only way to get the xbox1 file onto your 360 (into the portion of the 360HDD which is specifically formatted for xbox1 saves)
Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #4
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Thank you so much for all the hard work! Can't wait to pop this in.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

appreciate the hard work,but

Some suggestions for the Bears Roster

(1) Griese is on the Bucs now.
(2) Bears only carry and use 1 FB Mckie
(3) Ade Jimoh is no longer on the team
(4) even though he is still listed on the team,Josh Gattis should not be in this Roster,replace with s Kevin Payne.

these players need to be removed and replaced by.

FB Lousaka polite add Rookie TE Kellen Davis
FB J.D Runnels add DE Dan Bazuin
DT Antonio Garay add Rookie DT Marcus Harrison
QB Brian Griese to the Bucs add either Rookie Celeb Hanie or Nick Hill(one of these will win the 3rd QB spot)
G Ruben Brown was released add Rookie S Greg Steltz or Rookie WR Marcus Monk.

Just some fast facts on what the current Bears team looks like and will most likely be when the season starts.

Again thanks for the hard work,making rosters is no easy task.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 16

Thanks JSOU looking forward to trying these out
Old 05-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx King James 23 xX
im glad i bought this game again when i had the chance. i know theres a way to turn an xbox save into a 360 save, but i have no idea how to do it. so is there a way someone could just post the 360 save, or do you have to follow all those steps?
Just copy the gamesave to the Xbox1 gamesave directory on your Xbox 360 memory device (HDD or MU).
Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLiTz2k
Just copy the gamesave to the Xbox1 gamesave directory on your Xbox 360 memory device (HDD or MU).
Not possible on MU just to clarify.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »