Home

JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

This is a discussion on JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
Eagles should have the following players on theri Roster...

S Quintin Mikell (UTEP) #39 - 2008 Rookie 4th Round Pick.& very Fast (4.39 40)

LB Akeem Jordan #56 - key special teams contibuter & has a chance to start on the "Will" LB spot this year. (very Fast for a LB - 4.5-4.6 40)

DE Bryan Smith (McNeese State) #63 - 2008 Rookie 3rd round pick (Explosive speed Rusher w/ 4.6 speed)

OL Mike McGlynn (Pitt) #68 - 2008 Rookie 4th Round Pick. Big tough & aggressive Jon Runyan type of OL.

FB Dan Klecko #49 - 08 FA signing.

To make room for these players you can relese the following....

RB Ryan Moats #23 - he won't make the team.

DE Jerome McDougle #95 - won't mke the team either.

DT LaJuan Ramsey #77 - slim chance of making the team.

TE Matt Schobel #89 - likely not going to make because of the Eagles Great Depth (3 Deep w/ LJ,Celek & now Kris Wilson) at the TE position.

OL Scott Young #71 - would have made the team but he's holding out now for some stupid reason & is rumored to be on the trading block. He won't be w/ the Eagles.
It's Quintin Demps, not Quintin Mikell who's been there since 2003. I agree with Smith, McGlynn and Klecko but Jordan is 50/50 at best.

Moats was a 3rd rounder in 2005 and personally, I would keep him as Buckhalter and Westbrook arent exactly durable. McDougle will probably make the team since everyone thinks that he was going to be released for the last three years. Ramsey is 50/50 since they drafted another DT early. Schobel isnt going anywhere since Wilson is supposed to be playing FB. Young will probably be traded or buried on the depth chart until 2009.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #58
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

thanks for the info guys, really helpful stuff.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:02 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
It's Quintin Demps, not Quintin Mikell who's been there since 2003. I agree with Smith, McGlynn and Klecko but Jordan is 50/50 at best.

Moats was a 3rd rounder in 2005 and personally, I would keep him as Buckhalter and Westbrook arent exactly durable. McDougle will probably make the team since everyone thinks that he was going to be released for the last three years. Ramsey is 50/50 since they drafted another DT early. Schobel isnt going anywhere since Wilson is supposed to be playing FB. Young will probably be traded or buried on the depth chart until 2009.
Yeah Demps sorry thats what I meant. Good lookin out.

But I strongly disagree w/ you about the rest...I'll even put $ on it that Moats,McDougle.Young & Schobel WILL NOT make the team & Akeem Jordan does. Ramesy like you say has a 50/50 shot. Scott Young is on the trade block has decided to shock everybody (you know since he's a fringe player anyway & a back up) to hold out of these "OTA's" because he's unhappy for some stupid reason. He's done in Philly.

Akeem Jordan will make this team. There is even talk of him challenging Omar Gaither for the weak side LB spot or at least take some of his reps in the Nickel packages to get his speed & play making ability on the field. Akeem has a future w/ the Eagles possibly a s a starter if not this maybe the next. Very athletic & fast.

Moats has No chance. He's had his chances & has flashed but he's too inconsistant,fumble prone & has trouble digesting a playbook. He's had 3 years & has regressed every year since having a promising rookie season in 05. You say Westbrook & Buckhalter are injury pron well yeah they used to be but both have been healthy for the most part for the last 2 years (Westbrook may have missed game or 2 but thats it) How does Moats make the team?? Do you cut Buckhalter?? Booker who's a Westbrook clone & will be a Big part of the offense especially as a Wr/RB?? or Hunt (3rd round pick last year & our short yardage Bull)??? No way all 3 of those are better than Moats. & the Eagles won't keep 5 RB's & a FB on the active Roster. They will keep 4 at the most especially since they like to keep 10 O-lineman & 10 D-lineman along w/ 6 LB's 4 CB's 4 Safety's,3 QB's,3 TE's & 5-6 Wr's & a k,P, & Long Snapper.

Same w/ McDougle who do you let go??? Juqua?? Abiamiri (last years 2nd round pick), New FA Chris Clemons?? or 08 3rd round pick Bryan Smith??? No way McDougle has done nothing but get hurt or play mediocre football when healthy since being drafted in 03. He's done in Philly.

Again same thing w/ Schobel we Have LJ Smith back healthy, the promising Brent Celek, & new FA Kris Wilson who's here to be a TE ONLY not a FB or TE/FB hybrid. Coach Reid & Wilson have both said that Kris is a TE & nothing but a TE so ScHobel is the odd man out because the Eagles won't keep 4 TE's on the active roster.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1EaglesFan1973
Yeah Demps sorry thats what I meant. Good lookin out.

But I strongly disagree w/ you about the rest...I'll even put $ on it that Moats,McDougle.Young & Schobel WILL NOT make the team & Akeem Jordan does. Ramesy like you say has a 50/50 shot. Scott Young is on the trade block has decided to shock everybody (you know since he's a fringe player anyway & a back up) to hold out of these "OTA's" because he's unhappy for some stupid reason. He's done in Philly.

Akeem Jordan will make this team. There is even talk of him challenging Omar Gaither for the weak side LB spot or at least take some of his reps in the Nickel packages to get his speed & play making ability on the field. Akeem has a future w/ the Eagles possibly a s a starter if not this maybe the next. Very athletic & fast.

Moats has No chance. He's had his chances & has flashed but he's too inconsistant,fumble prone & has trouble digesting a playbook. He's had 3 years & has regressed every year since having a promising rookie season in 05. You say Westbrook & Buckhalter are injury pron well yeah they used to be but both have been healthy for the most part for the last 2 years (Westbrook may have missed game or 2 but thats it) How does Moats make the team?? Do you cut Buckhalter?? Booker who's a Westbrook clone & will be a Big part of the offense especially as a Wr/RB?? or Hunt (3rd round pick last year & our short yardage Bull)??? No way all 3 of those are better than Moats. & the Eagles won't keep 5 RB's & a FB on the active Roster. They will keep 4 at the most especially since they like to keep 10 O-lineman & 10 D-lineman along w/ 6 LB's 4 CB's 4 Safety's,3 QB's,3 TE's & 5-6 Wr's & a k,P, & Long Snapper.

Same w/ McDougle who do you let go??? Juqua?? Abiamiri (last years 2nd round pick), New FA Chris Clemons?? or 08 3rd round pick Bryan Smith??? No way McDougle has done nothing but get hurt or play mediocre football when healthy since being drafted in 03. He's done in Philly.

Again same thing w/ Schobel we Have LJ Smith back healthy, the promising Brent Celek, & new FA Kris Wilson who's here to be a TE ONLY not a FB or TE/FB hybrid. Coach Reid & Wilson have both said that Kris is a TE & nothing but a TE so ScHobel is the odd man out because the Eagles won't keep 4 TE's on the active roster.
I see Gocong and Bradley on the outside with Gaither in the middle. Jordan could make the team as a backup/special teamer but I dont see him being a starter.

RB wise, I guess Moats is the odd man out as I forgot about Booker. I dont know why in the world they traded for Booker. Makes no sense whatsoever. Add in Lawton who could be the starting FB since Klecko hasnt worked out the way they want him to thus far.

TE wise, I dont see any of them being let go. Smith is under the franchise tender which is a one year deal so if they dont sign him to a long term deal, keeping four TE's is definitely a possibility.

DL wise, I would definitely cut McDougle but I think he's a favorite or something because for the last two years, everyone thought that him being cut was a guarantee but it never happened. I would also put cut Darren Howard. He's not what he was and with Cole, Clemons and your draft picks from the last few years, they dont need either one of them.

Also, take into account any players who wind up on IR as they wont get released unless they reach an injury settlement with the team.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I see Gocong and Bradley on the outside with Gaither in the middle. Jordan could make the team as a backup/special teamer but I dont see him being a starter.

RB wise, I guess Moats is the odd man out as I forgot about Booker. I dont know why in the world they traded for Booker. Makes no sense whatsoever. Add in Lawton who could be the starting FB since Klecko hasnt worked out the way they want him to thus far.

TE wise, I dont see any of them being let go. Smith is under the franchise tender which is a one year deal so if they dont sign him to a long term deal, keeping four TE's is definitely a possibility.

DL wise, I would definitely cut McDougle but I think he's a favorite or something because for the last two years, everyone thought that him being cut was a guarantee but it never happened. I would also put cut Darren Howard. He's not what he was and with Cole, Clemons and your draft picks from the last few years, they dont need either one of them.

Also, take into account any players who wind up on IR as they wont get released unless they reach an injury settlement with the team.
Nah man Bradley is the clear cut starting middle LB for us. Gocong will remain at the strong side LB spot & continue to get better & Gaither will start at the "Will"" or weakside LB spot w/ Jordan replacing him in the Nickel & even challenging Gaither for the starting "will" LB spot. This is all from Eagles D cooridinator Jim Johnson's mouth.

Booker is a very,very talented player dude. Don't slight the guy. he was 3 rd round pick last year who really played well in the later part of 07 when he was finally given a real opportunity to play. Dolphins admittadly didn't really know how to use Booker & take advantage of his skill set the Eagles do all you have to do is look at Westbrook who is the same type of player except Westbrook is a better RB & booker maybe be a better WR of the 2 but both can do both at a very High Level. Booker is going to be another "weapon" at our disposal on Offense Guaranteed. He will make an impact both as a a RB/WR & as our #1 KR. (DeSean will be the PR & get some time as a KR at times but he's better at PR than KR though).

Lawton seems like a pretty intriguing player the more I read up on him. Good FB & special teams player which in the end may give him the edge over the other 2. Eagles insist that the trade for Lawton isn't an idiptment against Jason Davis or Klecko but how can it not be?? It's at the very least an even 3 man race for that 1 FB spot. But I think it's way too early though to say that Klecko hasn't worked out the way the Eagles would have hoped. Their in shorts & "shells" right now. Training camp & the preseason will be the true test & proving ground.

as far as TE's go I will put $ down that Schobel doesn't make the team. Eagles will only carry 3 TE's according to Eagles GM Tom Heckert. so somebody has to go & schobell will be the guy who goes unless there is an injury or something...knock on wood that nothing bad happens to LJ,Celek or Wilson because all 3 are very good TE's who will be lethal in the opponents Red Zone. Wilson was signed as insurance in case LJ leaves next year anyway. He or Celek will most likely be our starter at TE in 09 & beyond & I'm cool w/ that because both Wilson & Celek have enough talent to be pretty darn good starting TE's. W/ so much depth the Eagles have at other positions & positions the Eagles always like to go heavy at there is No way we keep 4 TE's. 3 on the active roster & maybe 1 developmental guy on PS is how it will go down.

Well McDougle was going to be cut last year be like every year but 1 of his career he was on IR & you can't cut injured guys on IR. There is a rule I believe that says you can't. & sure he was High 1st round pick that the Eagles traded up to get back in 03 & yeah McDougle has had some bad luck w/ some crazy injuries (being shot then having complications w/ the surgery afterwards) & maybe internally the Eagles were a little to lenient but enough is enough. You can only give a guy so many chances paying him the kind of $ their paying for basically nothing. & w/ the ton of quality depth the Eagles have on the D-line there is no way he can make this team unless he is absolutely dominant in training camp or there is (god forbid) a serious injury to somebody.

You listen to Jim Johnson (Eagles D-cooridinator) it looks like Darren Howard will be akey part of the D-line rotation as a pass rushing Nickle DT. Howard is more a DT now that a DE. But 1 thing that has to be mentioned is that Howard has finally gotten serious & has worked his *** off this off season & has lost weight & put on more muscle & really gotten himself in the Best shape he's EVER been in so maybe this is the year he plays like the player he was in New Orleans....or at least close to the player he was then anway. So don't count out Darren Howard just yet the Eagles seemingly haven't they still think the guy can help us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

great job so far....

for the lions, add #5 Drew Stanton (QB)
Old 06-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am new to this. How do I download your roster/settings files to my xbox 360? Do I have to connect my pc to my 360 via usb?
I cant wait to play 2k5 with updated rosters. Im thru with Madden.

Thank you,
Mark
Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #64
Pro

LoWw's Arena

OVR: 9

Why are the majority of team defenses all rated 100? I'm I missing something??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »