Home

JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

This is a discussion on JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: JSOU'S 2008-09 Roster Update #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I see Gocong and Bradley on the outside with Gaither in the middle. Jordan could make the team as a backup/special teamer but I dont see him being a starter.

RB wise, I guess Moats is the odd man out as I forgot about Booker. I dont know why in the world they traded for Booker. Makes no sense whatsoever. Add in Lawton who could be the starting FB since Klecko hasnt worked out the way they want him to thus far.

TE wise, I dont see any of them being let go. Smith is under the franchise tender which is a one year deal so if they dont sign him to a long term deal, keeping four TE's is definitely a possibility.

DL wise, I would definitely cut McDougle but I think he's a favorite or something because for the last two years, everyone thought that him being cut was a guarantee but it never happened. I would also put cut Darren Howard. He's not what he was and with Cole, Clemons and your draft picks from the last few years, they dont need either one of them.

Also, take into account any players who wind up on IR as they wont get released unless they reach an injury settlement with the team.
Depth for LBs

WILL: Gaither, Jordan
MIKE: Bradley, Mays (he most likely will beat out Togafau)
SAM: Gocong, Boiman

Don't forget to include Studebaker (he is a SAM) in the roster. Hes crazy athletic, but may not be on the active roster this year (IR or PS)

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT
Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #74
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by storcka9
do you have to back up your hard drive before you are able to drag the save onto your hard drive
You dont have too but..... once youve had 20+ hrs of GTA wiped 'cause your computer locked up youll wish you had.
and delete those 1gb+ demos to save some time + space.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #75
Rookie

storcka9's Arena

OVR: 5

is there a way to control just one team in the franchise file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #76
Rookie

storcka9's Arena

OVR: 5

Here are some changes that need to be done to the Patriots:

Release:
Troy Brown
Chad Scott
Mel Mitchell
Scott Player

Add from F.A:
David Thomas
Lonnie Paxton
Santonio Thomas
Craig Hanson

# Changes:
Victor Hobson (59)
Marcus Pollard (89)

Position Changes:
Russ Hochstein: C -> G
Ryan O'Callaghan G -> T
Mike Wright: DE -> DT
Jerod Mayo: OLB -> ILB
Victor Hobson: OLB -> ILB
Adalius Thomas: ILB -> MLB

Players to Add:
Kevin O'Connell: Rookie QB #5 from Sand Diego State (get rid of Matt Gutierrez)
Shawn Crable: Rookie OLB #98 from Michigan (get rid of Willie Andrews)
Old 06-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

just out of curiosity...out of what i'm reading here, do these rosters need a TON of work still done to them? i appreciate them being posted here, but if they need numerous changes and are full of inaccuracies, then i'll just wait...thoughts? thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #78
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

i have updated roster im using ..feel free to try.. its exhibition only and very accurate.. please send feedback on any errors im currently working on detail of players... equipment and attributes...

check it out
Old 06-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

thanks! definitely will. again, i'm not being critical as i'm extremely appreciative of what people post here. just wanted clarification of how much work they needed. i read a few posts above where a team needed numerous changes, so i was a bit skeptical.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:50 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
i read a few posts above where a team needed numerous changes, so i was a bit skeptical.
not to attack your post-- i of course read you are not intending criticism-- just throwing out the reminder @ no one in particular

this is the offseason. absolutely no one can deliver 100% accurate rosters simultaneous to the necessary updates. Furthermore, rosters/cuts themselves are speculative at this point (see the many Philly Eagle-related posts above). Until final cutdowns, seeing a roster requiring "numerous changes" shouldn't make you at all skeptical of the final product. although people expect perfect updated rosters to be available 365d/y, this will not happen.

252 drafted rookies need to be created...

with accurate hts, wts, DOBs, body-types, combine measures (40 time, vertical leap etc), face/skin, equipment, and positional attributes. ~100 more undrafted but signed rookies require the same. Rookie OVR ratings are generally based on draft position, scouting reports from various services or a blend of both. Try doing this for just 1 player & then imagine doing that 350 more times.

~1700+ veteran players will need ratings updates to reflect 2007 results:
while all 1700+ may not change dramatically, this is still a tremendous project in itself & is very subjective too; Who declined just due to injury & shouldnt significantly see their ratings drop (aside from DUR)? Who was injured but also aged dramatically independent from the injury & should see a ratings drop? Who benefited from a system & will suck w/ his next team/with his new coach/new offense/new teammates etc (see Jason David moving from cover-2 to man). Who will thrive back in an ideal system (see Fred Smoot's rejuvenation w/ the skins). Many of these ratings could be derived formulaically (secure ball based on fumbles per touch, durability based upon starts missed, etc) all of which need to be derived and implemented.

1700+ contracts need to be updated for 2008
. once Finn completes the advance contracts tool, this will be much easier but there will still be 800 or so new deals to enter by hand each year.

coach ratings, playbooks, shell defenses, team shoes, etc... all need to be taken care of in addition to the 4th string signings & depth chart changes that many are commenting on (often constructively i realize).

My point is not to whine (as i said: suggestions/help are always welcome here when made constructively/in good faith), rather just to remind everyone that when ppl expect this kind of work to be delivered w/ accuracy & attention to detail.... when do they expect it to get done? The offseason is the only time available. If any roster-maker (basically working alone), misses that a reserve tackle moved to center, or a long-tenured DE may or may not make a team, you probably shouldn't consider those as significant changes that need to be made. It's just part of the process

See what Josh, Dan, FunNGun, Daflyboys, myself etc are posting come final cutdowns. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

Last edited by puja21; 06-12-2008 at 05:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »