Home

updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base roster

This is a discussion on updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-04-2008, 08:50 AM   #145
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base ros

no problems, I am mature enough not to start a flame war..appreciate your thoughts Puja...

zoltranite seems to be very passionate about this game so i have no problems... hopefully he will understand how overall ratings really have no effect whats so ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 PM   #146
Rookie

zoltranite's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base ros

Puja.... relax... Its all good bro! I appreciate all the HARD WORK that goes into what you guys are doing! I am very passionate about this game. It just looks strange when Jamaal Charles has more strength attributes than Larry Johnson.

Barber is a cold! I agree. He is the better running back. Im just surprised that Julius Jones was rated so low. Maybe you guys arent aiming for a overall here. They dont even show you the overall until you are done rating them coreect? All I am saying is this... please have rookies be on par with the rest of the players who are already in the league. I know this may be hard to do seeing how none of them have taken an NFL snap... but you guys are smart...and i dont know what system you all used to rate these rookies... but just judge everybody off the same system.

BTW, Stephen Jackson btk is 80 while Run DMC's is 84.... This is just another one that doesnt make sense. Stephen Jackson is a beast to tackle. One of the most hardest to tackle in the league. Its between him and Barber for who brings the power and power alone.

Aaron Ross won a Thorpe award a year ago and Kenny Phillips (or Merriweather... one of those MIA boyz), who wasnt even in the running for a Thorpe, is like a 86 overall while Ross a 66.

It just feels like guys are rated differently because of bias or actual hopes that that player does good or bad in the rest of their career. Gerrard ( still wet behind the ears? ) after he leads his team to a playoff win where he made crucial plays to seal their victory and receives a 83 rating... while a guy who hasnt even played a snap of NFL ball and he didnt even play D1-A college ball gets a 85?... If Gerrard is still "wet behind the ears", than Flacco is still a fetus! I want Flacco to do well too but dang! Where's the love for Gerrard?

WR's can throw the ball 40 yards too... should we give them 80 arm strength? No, because for them to do that, the ball goes super high in the air... Just like Pennington's ball has to for him to throw that far. Any man should be able to throw at least 35 yards down a field. But Pennington has no zip son! none. Im gonna lower his rating down to 65 to better reflect his ability. Even with that being said, I just want you guys to know that I do appreciate you alls work, and I probably will still be playing this game for Dynasty but Madden for online.

Cheers

Chill Puja... its just constructive criticism. I love your work!
Old 07-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #147
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

lol... it all good... like puja and i said... change the ratings yourself. im a huge cowboys fan and Julius Jones was absolutely terrible. anyways help me out by looking for PBPs .. or anything out of the ordinary Play by Play names is what im trying to perfect... i adjusted Gerrard close to kitna.. I dont jump the band wagon on a 1 yr wonder... cough < Leftwich lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FviDJzMoJ-A ,,,, great song just added to stadium Music ...

anyways no worries
Old 07-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #148
MVP

im chill lol. it just gets old to hear the pennington song over & over from ESPN; his shoulder is damaged. we get it.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Re: updated roster.. i take no credit for this as this is tweaked from pujas base ros

Dear Puja,

When will your NEW roster and team updates be done for this year? I used it last year and it was grand. I used someone elses roster downloads untill I got word from you on how you were coming along. I was using JSOU'S rosters. And I asked him and anyone that was using it only one question. And that question remained unanswered still till today. I asked IF HIS ROSTERS CAUSE TEAMS TO GO BUST? He had too many 100 over alls for to many postions. If they were not 100 overall they would be over 100 in two and sometimes three different catagories. I did a Fantasy Draft. I only had one hundred rated player on my team, plus myself I was also 100 overall. And after signing my 16 player's to there expired contracts. I gave them what they wanted. I had another 10 to sign next year with only 6 mil left to do it. It wasn't going to happen. I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS with your roster from last year. No teams ever went bust there was always money to trade. I won the Super Bowl and I am bust after one year? lol So, I will wait for something from you.

On a side note I couldn't make it past the College Draft section anyhow. Or if I went into Mel's mock draft the game would stall up. I know my game has no scratches on it. I did go through 9 different x-box's during my time with them. I took care of each and everyone of them. I blamed it on the crappy driver's they put in them. So, when you were putting out your things, I went to Software Etc. And got an xbox system. Got the one year warranty for 5 dollars. Got it home and it didn't work, brought it back up,took A NEW ONE HOME. That one didn't work. So this time I made them do a teast at the store. Finally a sytem that works so I can play football. Now the game up till last night was working. I just can't get into Mel's Mock Draft because it will freeze up. So I didn't even go into that option. Now I can't even skip through the Draft because that gets stuck too. I do remember it used to work, maybe my system is hot, or dusty. Does anyone have any ideas on something to help me out for this?

Greg
Old 07-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #150
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

sounds like your xbox is getting worn out... i have 3 xboxes... buy them used 49.99!!
Old 07-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #151
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for your response. I do not have money to get another system right now. I have a question about your roster updates that you did. What sliders do you reccommend with them?
Or are they already set?
Thanks in advance.
Greg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #152
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

i play on fast... as i am using 127/64 agression model. I forgot which sliders im using ..just experiment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »