Home

puja21 07-08 Roster

This is a discussion on puja21 07-08 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #49
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: puja21 07-08 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
Re. your winslow question:
in NFL 2K5, winslow/perry/rivers all had "blank pictures" but they still had cyberfaces, meaning their heads were custom/designed real-looking faces.. as opposed to generic CAP faces. in the game, any/all cyberfaces are tied directly to the picture assigned for each player. at some point during editing, i inadvertently changed the photos for those 3 players from their own assigned blank pic to the one "generic blank picture." ...so their faces changed from cyberface into generic.. i didn't notice b/c their pictures were still blank in both cases. make sense?
So is it possible for me to open the original roster from 2k5 in Finns editor and see which face was associated with Winslow and jot it down, then open up your latest roster and change it to that one? I ask because I sure don't expect you to do this since it so trivial to most.

Thanks bro!
Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwally
Packers - WR Carliyle Holiday was put on IR

why are the long snappers not on regular roster if we want to be 100% accurate?
^first post in this thread indicates that IR was accurate through 9/13, two days before Holiday's designation. since then i have been swamped with other aspects of the file

Long snappers was addressed in the other thread, i just forgot to mention it here-- daflyboys basically got it... also, i did put many of them in free agency for anyone who wanted to sign them
^another reason is that when guys like Harrison & Seymour are inactive in real life they don't count against the roster... but in the game I would have to release them or they count. for that reason, i leave LS off as another "minor injury" slot

Quote:
So is it possible for me to open the original roster from 2k5 in Finns editor and see which face was associated with Winslow and jot it down, then open up your latest roster and change it to that one? I ask because I sure don't expect you to do this since it so trivial to most.
i'm going to fix it-- nothing is too trivial since im making many changes anyway

it's not the "face number" in the editor that controls whether Winslow's head shows up in-game. the cyberface is instead "directly tied to his picture" (which is coincidently blank)... ie all you need to do is set Winslow's picture to "Winslow, Kellen" in the editor & ignore the face & skin attributes.

you can also set this picture for any new player whose face/head looks more like Kellen Winslow than any generic face (a luxury of the blank pic). does that make sense?

Thanks for all the corrections & kind words from everyone
Old 09-16-2007, 08:57 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

Thank you puja.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 09:02 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

so sad I don't have an xbox
Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

i can't believe i came so late! thanks puja, i appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Also, your free agents are full of players that haven't played in years and still have Berman, Steve-O, etc sitting there. Not sure if you have anything planned for them
i just noticed this comment... regarding the second part, those guys like Berman & Steve-O are in free agency only because you unlocked them with your own profile. The rest of us don't have that problem unless we did the same.

If you want to do so, I think you could overwrite them yourself by searching in the editor (with no parameters entered). I really don't know however b/c all their attributes are shown as "zero" ... so it might not be a safe decision. not sure what to tell you

the low rated remaining default players in free agency are there for a reason... to give me more slots to add players like Chris Francies every week w/o "double overwriting" any names.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #55
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Puja,

I found the depth chart problem for the teams that use both. You will be able to set a team to 3-4,4-3, or both in the next release. Unfortunately, you will have to manually correct the teams that use both.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Finn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #56
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Puja,

I found the depth chart problem for the teams that use both. You will be able to set a team to 3-4,4-3, or both in the next release. Unfortunately, you will have to manually correct the teams that use both.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Finn
Boo-yaahhh!!!! You're the greatest Finn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »