Home

puja21 07-08 Roster

This is a discussion on puja21 07-08 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #17
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: puja21 07-08 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
when i release a franchise file-- the IR guys will either be healthy & signed, not in the file at all, or on the actual in-game IR list. Make sense?
There is an IR list? For example, Jon Jansen is out for the year. Can you place him on the Redskins, but have him on their IR, so he'll be good to go the next season? If so, I didn't know you could do that. In that case, I'll just wait for you to release that file. Do you have a time table for that (sorry if it sounds ungrateful since you just released the roster file, but I was just wondering)
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
There is an IR list? For example, Jon Jansen is out for the year. Can you place him on the Redskins, but have him on their IR, so he'll be good to go the next season? If so, I didn't know you could do that. In that case, I'll just wait for you to release that file. Do you have a time table for that (sorry if it sounds ungrateful since you just released the roster file, but I was just wondering)
In a franchise file you can designate any player you want to the IR, regardless of Injury status if I'm correct. On the editor of course.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for all the legwork, puja. I've been waiting for a while to check out these rookies of yours, and as usual, the roster is worth the wait. Good work! It's appreciated.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz2k2
Great job as always, puja!! Name wise, you killed it!

I know you're still working on it, but here's a few things I noticed:

Ariz - Chukky Obiki is #55, Jerheme Urban is not a rookie
Buf - Jason Whittle is a G
Clev - Kellen Winslow has an in-game face. Even though his pic doesn't show, if you have it listed his face will be in game.
Cinn - Chris Perry, same as above.
Cinn - Herana-Daze Jones is a FS, you have his pbp name as Thomas Jones
Sea - Charlie Frye is #5
SD - Philip Rivers, same thing as Winslow and Perry.
SF - Vernon Davis's jump should be a 93. He had a 42" vertical.

I noticed that you have a number of the new punters rated in the 50's and 60's. Not sure if you used another position to create them but you have a lot of free agents punters that you can overwrite.

Also, your free agents are full of players that haven't played in years and still have Berman, Steve-O, etc sitting there. Not sure if you have anything planned for them.

Again, incredible job!
Okobi: I think #55 was already taken by Blackstock when I signed Okobi. Whittle was listed @ center this morning in today's Buffalo News. Big thanks on Urban, as well as cyberfaces for Perry, Winslow, & Rivers (not sure how those pics got removed.. may never have caught it). Daze-Jones; when I installed the new finn's editor I lost all the corrections to the PBP & Photo lists that I had made (double PBP for Jones & Johnson listed) doh! Vernon Davis: all physical attributes will be updated all for players w/ 1-3 years exp

Thanks a lot, great attention to detail.. these are all the kind of things I need help to catch

The punter thing is another issue-- I always make sure to specifically overwrite kickers/punters only w/ the same position (& i have a complete record of who replaced who) so i know it's not that... but even so, the OVR ratings are really weird for the new punters I added. Take Barr & Sepulveda: Barr was lower in every major category (KPW KAC CMP CON even SPD) but I couldn't get his OVR rating to move down & vice versa for Sepulveda. I have a bunch more default punters still in free agency to try so I might move these new guys on to other players & see what happens.
^I wonder if some of these low-rated punters from the default roster (Mackenzie Hoambrecker etc) are the problem to begin with... I could always overwrite the un-buggy FA punters like Scott Player, Mitch Berger etc & see
Old 09-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

Hey, I got all the IR players on their teams(at least the ones with decent ratings). Then started a franchise, and IR'd them. I can upload the franchise file(user controls all 32 teams) if you'd like until you have yours released.

It also has the 2007 schedule, just need to get the broncos out of cap hell, they are 10.21M over it(probably partially due to ekuban, but he didn't get nbo 10.21M deal).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
just need to get the broncos out of cap hell, they are 10.21M over it(probably partially due to ekuban, but he didn't get nbo 10.21M deal).
^if you release all the players & re-sign them before starting the franchise they will have their contracts reset based on their ratings... i'm going to do that after i finish all the ratings work... only thing is you have to check the depth charts all over again.

if you want to post that franchise in here you can. regarding the broncos: if you already started the franchise & don't want to do the IR thing all over again after releasing/resigning players like Ekuban, why not just raise the cap to 109M in the editor (or are the Broncos still over @ 109?)

the other thing that's really important to remember when using the IR tool in finn's editor: you need to "SAVE" AND "CLOSE" the file in between every single player you place on IR or it can cause huge problems for the file (players disappearing, freezing, names botching up)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTesh
There is an IR list?

...Do you have a time table for that (sorry if it sounds ungrateful since you just released the roster file, but I was just wondering)
^you can designate 5 players per team i believe in the game using Finn's editor.

i should get all the rest of the young players re-rated this week-- i dont want to start the franchise until after that or it doubles my work (have to adjust all the ratings in the franchise AND roster). probably next weekend
Old 09-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks, Puja.....
Incredible work yet again.......
Old 09-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #24
Rookie

JohnTesh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^you can designate 5 players per team i believe in the game using Finn's editor.
So you actually can't do that in the game (e.g. if Samuels gets hurt for the season in my franchise, I can't IR him, but I would have to do it in the editor?)

I may have to get myself acquainted with this editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »