Home

puja21 07-08 Roster

This is a discussion on puja21 07-08 Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #369
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: puja21 07-08 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21

2) I can fix the low OVR ratings plaguing a few kickers (& I attempted this) but doing so has been causing freezing during the offseason draft. NO idea why. Here's the situation: As many know, only SpTms players should be made into SpTms players (eg don't turn a default RB into a kicker/punter)... it goes further however. From what I can tell, there are a very limited # of "real" special teams player slots in the game. Basically, here is some hidden attribute/indicator tied to the original active punters & kickers in the game which make them have a correct OVR rating & we can't get at this in the editor. Not ALL punters & kickers from the default roster have this hidden attribute either; actually, most of the low-rated default SpTms players in free agency (like Nate Fikse, Tim Duncan, etc) seem to have just been position players converted to SpTms late in the game's development. To prove this you can paste the "ratings only" for Vanderjagt or Vinatieri on to a John Markham or Derek Schorejs in free agency... you'll see the resulting OVR ratings are 15 to 20 pts lower than those of the two former kickers (they are in the 70s instead of 90s)
When I paste Vinatieri's attributes to Markham in the default roster, Markham becomes a 98
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 AM   #370
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
When I paste Vinatieri's attributes to Markham in the default roster, Markham becomes a 98
^then I would assume that Markham isn't one of those "position players" masking as a kicker. They are definitely in there. It took me a lot of copying & pasting/swapping players around to get all my active special teams guys displaying correct OVR rating (& the free agents are all "held down" in that category)

Interesting sidenote however:
incoming draft prospects (game generated) in franchise mode don't seem to be affected by this, so maybe it's not a hidden attribute & just something confined to the default roster. for example, draft prospect kickers/punters can remain as special teamers or they can be converted to other position players w/o any OVR rating bugginess either way
Old 11-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
hey finn, still updating the editor huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #372
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Puja, you effin' rule my man! Keep stickin' it to EA overlords! 2k5 4ever!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #373
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

just wondering whats next??? ..puja
Old 11-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #374
MVP

franchise with real contracts & draft prospects up next... let's let this thread fall to the wayside though, & instead keep everything re my files here:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=228220&page=2

starting.... now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »