*bump*

response #2 is especially helpful!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Attribute Meanings

*REPOST* from a different thread. This thread seemed more applicable:

as for the JMP rating/RB Dive subject i brought up earlier...I think i found a correllation between the two. The JMP ratings affect AI running game more so than the user running game. I was experimenting a bit by letting the CPU rush on me in Goaline situations and i found that the RBs with a higher JMP rating would get considerably more air (i'm talkin like a foot or two) than RBs with lower ratings. RBs with the higher JMP rating were performing the fully charged endzone dive more frequently as opposed to the lower JMP ratings. I have replays where guys like Reggie Bush are clearing the line, as in he jumped the line with room to spare.

I'll probably test this out somemore when i get the chance to verify it further...but yea, jus thought i'd put that out there for those who are interested.

Also, something i found while searching for rosters...
I was going over GameChewOver's old 2K6 roster site and i found some interesting ratings interpretations, namely for the QB position:

http://www.gamechewover.com/?page_id=13

Here's what struck me the most...

"Read Coverage = 20
Seems like an odd way to improve gameplay, but lowering pass read coverage is one of the biggest and most effective changes you can make to the AI quarterback. A good base minimum is 20, and go from there. Anything above 70 starts to get back to the typical cpu passing game that we all don’t like. In general, lowering this attribute slows the cpu process on the passing game. Resulting in passes being distributed among receivers, and better time on their reads."

I tried a couple (literally) games with this in mind and i found that it did in fact improve the passing game. I was playing SD (me) vs. IND (CPU) and Peyton ended up torching my ***; SD secondary needs work but wow, Manning found more holes in my D than a donut shop. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone has tested this extenstively and found any flaws with this rating scheme, like does the programming break down over the course of longer quarters and what not. Just thought i'd throw that out there as well.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

GameChewOver's site is down...

so i figured i'd make up for the dead link and post the contents of it right here:

Base Edits Explained
With this upcoming 4th roster download from the gamechewover site, I’d like to recap our base edits used while updating 2K5’s rosters. Anyone that followed along last year might already know the basis that these came from, or if you are new you probably can find alot of great past information in the forums from last year’s updates.
Before I get into the quarterback edits, I want to say that all the edits made for all positions are based off of all-pro sliders. Changing attributes has a larger affect than adjusting sliders in 2K5. As always, I recommend adjusting sliders to match YOUR gameplay. If these edits turn out to play too difficult or too easy for you, thats when you go into sliders and adjust for yourself.
For quarterbacks, there are four major contirbutors that affect gameplay in 2K5. They are Stamina, Consistency, Arm Strength and Read Coverage. Gamechewover has also included a few other side edits that come into play while in game. Those are Leadership, Accuracy, Composure, Scramble and Hold Ball. There may be other edits on a individual basis that are minor and not included during note taking. Following are the starting points for some of these edits:
Stamina = 95
A big factor in QB play. The more tired a player is, the less effective they are in their abilities. Helps in AI completion percentage and all around QB play. Needs to be set high in most cases.
Leadership = 50
Measures how a QB can raise (or lower) the level of play from their teammates. Start from 50 and go from there. The higher rating, the more of a leader they are and can will their team into better situations. The lower the rating, the more of a possible negative factor they can become for their team. Example, players with attitude problems or questionable personalities (Marcus Vick?). Or QBs that just are not winners and have not become good leaders.
Consistency = 75
How often a player can play up to their ability. Needs to be at 75 for better overall gameplay in 2K5, adjust from there.
Arm Strength = 75
Helps in determining how accurate a QB can be on longer throws. Also adds velocity to certain distances. Does not affect short range accuracy on throws.
Read Coverage = 20
Seems like an odd way to improve gameplay, but lowering pass read coverage is one of the biggest and most effective changes you can make to the AI quarterback. A good base minimum is 20, and go from there. Anything above 70 starts to get back to the typical cpu passing game that we all don’t like. In general, lowering this attribute slows the cpu process on the passing game. Resulting in passes being distributed among receivers, and better time on their reads.
Accuracy = 50
Start in the middle at 50 and adjust from there, brings more variety on the QB’s ability to throw catchable passes.
Composure = ?
No set base for this attribute as it comes more into play on running quarterbacks. The lower the rating, the more tendency they have to scramble. In general, they get happy feet. Also affects the QB’s ability to throw passes under pressure.
Scramble = ?
Also more individual based. Helps determine how often the cpu QB will run, and how well they throw while on the run. One interesting side effect from a high scramble rating, the QBs will have more of a tendency to throw side arm. Example, Vince Young…
Hold Ball = 15
Self explanatory, determines how often the ball will hit the turf on hits to the QB. Also use the fumble slider to help this. As the QBs do not fumble as much as they should in my opinion.
—————————————————————————————–
Viewable 2K7 Quarterback Attributes
Thanks to Finn and his excellent 2K5 editor, we are able to export our edits into an HTML format. You may view our edits on the QBs of 2K7 to see every aspect used in the roster file. Some players will have a link in their last name, click on that to find even more information about editing for that player like appearance or equipment changes. Any questions or concerns can be posted in the comments here, or over in the forums.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #44
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

*bumpity mcbumpington*

My original edits are in post #19..... post#2 is very helpful as it appears is the one just above. I'll put my own re-done edits in another thread a little later (or a lot later depending on what the wife has for me to do! )
Old 06-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

whats with the agressiveness on DB's, they are so low?

is it so they don't cause pass intererence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #46
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

It's so they don't bite so hard and get burned deep all the time.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:42 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

thanks man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »