Home

Old 06-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Attribute Meanings

I'd like to broaden the scope of this thread and explore what the attributes mean to players other than quarterbacks. For example, what does a high composure or aggression rating mean for running backs? What about low ratings? If somebody could post a DEFINITIVE answer to how composure and aggression affect each position, I would be much happier than I am right now. Thanks for what you guys have helped with so far.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'd like to broaden the scope of this thread and explore what the attributes mean to players other than quarterbacks. For example, what does a high composure or aggression rating mean for running backs? What about low ratings? If somebody could post a DEFINITIVE answer to how composure and aggression affect each position, I would be much happier than I am right now. Thanks for what you guys have helped with so far.
Composure for a WR for example works like this. A player has certain attributes, but the player plays to those attributes according to his consistency rating. So if WR has a run route of 100 but a consistency of 50, he will only play as good as a WR with a 100 run route half the time.

Composure ties in when you talk about big plays, i.e. making the catch with a corner draped on him, or on 3rd/4th down, or late in the game. It makes the player more likely to play better in these situations. So maybe a rookie with a 50 consistency will STILL make the play on a big down if he has high composure.

Leadership makes EVERYONE better, i.e. put Ray Lewis on the team and all the defensive players play better than their ratings.

So to summarize, composure and leadership are pretty similar, but one affects the individual player while the other affects the other players on the team.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:48 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

I want to tweak oline play. Offensive line plays as a unit and I want to know what atributes I can use when a less talented line play well because they play well as a unit (Pats). I was thinking developing grades for the oline units. For example the Chiefs oline would have a high consistency rating (80) while the Texans (50) would have a lower consistency rating as an example. I would love to get some feedback.

I will use this year football prospectus as a guide.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

The O-line thing may be a challenge to do it via the consistency attribute. For example, if you turn up all individual's consistency for say 5 given teams, and then a player from each one of those teams at a unique position gets traded to the same team, they will carry in those same high consistency ratings and the new team will automatically reflect a good "chemistry" even though they've never played together before (and may not reflect the actual current day team as well). I know the odds are astronomical that that could happen, but it might be more realistic to see that with three positions.

I would propose that in this situation you come up with a blocker slider formula based on last years stats (or maybe at the mid point of this coming year) for things like rush ypg; sacks allowed, etc. The blocker slider seems to have a real effect on the game, i.e., it seems real sensitive to fairly small increment movements.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
MVP

If a player has a high leadership rating, and they don't have a good game, do they still make the players around them better? Logically, I would say no, but I don't know so I'm asking you guys. I'm still trying to tweak my rosters (the newest community base) to ensure that the 35% passing games don't happen as often. I'd also like to see if I can tweak running back attributes so that the cpu will run more. I've noticed that the RB consistency and composure ratings are VERY low, so I may mess with those a little. If I get to a point where I'm satisfied, I'll post my roster set, a franchise file with the updated schedule, and the sliders I use. Please keep the help coming.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm still trying to tweak my rosters (the newest community base) to ensure that the 35% passing games don't happen as often. I'd also like to see if I can tweak running back attributes so that the cpu will run more.
What I did with mine to avoid the same crappy percentages (and in fact have the elite QB's try to play elite) was basically smarten up QB's and receivers and dumb down certain attributes with defense. Also, the goal was to get away from these 3 and 4 interception games that were happening constantly. Yes, the ball is tipped more when it seems like it should be caught, but I think guys who point that out sometimes look at it with the fan mentality like they're watching their own team and say "Man, he shoulda had that!" But, think of how many real NFL games you've watched where by errant passes and those tipped by WR's toward defenders in turn get tipped, bobbled, misplayed, etc. So it also involved dumbing down the LB's and DB's overall with some good input from others, especially Adriano.

As far as RB's, I don't think changing their attributes will change # of carries. I think you said it yourself that maybe it involves the playbook scheme. I guess one experiment someone can do is start a new franchise, set the play tendencies sliders to the extremes for run vs. pass and see what the cpu does.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 PM   #15
MVP

I changed the playbooks and the run/pass slider all the way to run and had no luck. What attributes did you change for qb's and receivers and how much? I've changed some, which I'll post later this week. I've messed with accuracy and pass read coverage, as well as catching and route running. I'm not sure how much, but I know they helped some. Can you post the specific changes you made? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 10:31 PM   #16
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

I think you can get an idea with these overall visuals. I did individual tweaks for the premiere QB's in the league, but even the middle of road QB's can give you a good game.

First two different QB's:

Now a good DB vs a good WR:

Again, interacting with the sliders I use give me extremely challenging games vs. the cpu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_SIMv7.zip (9.2 KB, 23 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »