Home

Old 06-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Attribute Meanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I think you can get an idea with these overall visuals. I did individual tweaks for the premiere QB's in the league, but even the middle of road QB's can give you a good game.

First two different QB's:

Now a good DB vs a good WR:

Again, interacting with the sliders I use give me extremely challenging games vs. the cpu.
Thanks a lot. I'll try these when I get a chance, and I'm sure this will help me tweak my rosters.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #18
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

NP, bro..... later, I'll try to post some of the other "formulas" I used, again based on other threads I've read and great suggestions by different guys. My problem is I went back and added percentages to percentages, so the math got a little screwy, but I'll try to lay out the basic plan I followed. I think some guys snuck through the cracks along the way and a few attributes didn't stay in ranges......e.g., O-linemen fatigue being grossly lower for one of the starters versus the other 4. Another thing I'd like to get a handle on is QB speed and agility. We'll never get it perfect....just would like to get relative ranges.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:21 AM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OK, as promised here's basically what I've done in the past. Again, sorry but I didn't get this down to an exact science and these ended up being a compiliation of others' great ideas and a couple of personal tweaks along the way....hope it helps further:

**Note: to set mins. and maxs., check the "percentage" circle and put value at "0", then fill in the number you want for min and/or max for any global value change. This way, no percentage increase or decrease will happen, but min and/or max will be set as you want.

QB's:

---PassAcc: Upper level QB's are 100 and above. Manning, Brady & Palmer basically set the highest levels. Used last yr's passing stats to gauge from there.

---PassReadCov: 30 and lower (see what your highest is now and fig. % needed to bring down....set a minimum level at same time if you like)

---Hold Ball: dumb it way down. QB's getting popped when sacked or running should cough it up and be sensitive to the fumble slider. About 25 to 20 and under.

---Leadership: like pass accuracy

---Speed: debatable; depends on how you play w/ a fast QB too. Suggestion: if using a fast QB or any for that matter, don't allow yourself to turbo once past LOS....helps with realism.

---Scramble: high for scramblers

---Stamina: 90 for all

---Composure: very low for scramblers (e.g., Vick's is 10; Favre's is 95)

---Consistency: similar to Leadership and Pass Acc

---Aggress: 25 for all

RB's:

---Run Route & Catching: increase about 25% for good starters, including good catching FB's (p.s., the default screen pass play sucks as the RB hesitates after catching too long, send him in a flat pattern)

---FB maximum strength: 75

WR's (& some TE's):

---Catch: increase percs. so Owens, C. Johnson and Harrison are around 93 (min. value can be in low 60's or whatever you prefer)

---Run Route: increase percs. so same three guys are in the high 110's to low 120's; Min. value I have is low 60's (may make that 70).

---Speed (WR's only): Moss and Harrison are at 98...not sure who currently are the top 5 speedsters, but that's the gauge. Low 70's is the min.

OL & DT's:

---Agility: Max 70; Min 35

---Speed: Max 65; Min 25

---Jump: -90% (max: 7; min: 1 ----- all O-line = 1)

---Catch (DT's): all "0"

DE's:

---Jump: keep dumbing down by 50% until you get close to 9 and below; once close enough just set max value at 9.

---Catch: all "2"

---Speed: range is 50 to 90 (might be a little high on the max)

LB's:

---Jump: max is 23 (probably the result of multiple percentage drops)

---Catch: all "5"

DB's:

---Speed: Max: 95; Min: 80

---Agility: Min: 75

---Catch: all "1"

---Pass Coverage: Dumb percentage down to 47 (my min. turned out to be 20 for a few)

***That's pretty much what I have. Like I said QB speed and agility individual tweaks still seem to need some work in the roster set I'm using. Don't know how any or all of these particular tweaks will work with other slider sets, but I think you can drive yourself batty with all the possibilities.

If anyone wants me to post particular attributes for a given player (non-rookie) that I have, just ask.

Footnote: I'm going to wait until the beginning of pre-season as teams start to set practice squad guys and depth charts start to firm up before I release my next roster set. Guarenteed I won't have near the number of rookies as these other sets coming out have had. My focus is more on gameplay and utilizing the guys who typically see the field versus making sure every single name is there. My other possible feature will be I'll have a "super KR" and "super PR" with pumped up attributes for possible longer returns and TD's (suggestion is to put everyone on kick and punt teams with a speed of under 70 if you can and don't switch from the kicker or punter to a tackler).....more to come.

FN2: If you respond here, please don't copy the entire posting....it's so unnecessary....thx.

Last edited by daflyboys; 06-28-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

I have a Question. Why all DB catch are 1 i dont get it? Some DB in the NFL cath better than the receiver. Does all QB have to have 25 agressive wont that affect the one that scramble.. Like Vick who to me is a very agressive QB. Oh yeah What other scramblers like Mcnair Culpepper, and mCnabb. They also scramble but not alot like vick. How would you rate their composure and PRC ability.

Last edited by stateprop; 06-30-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
I have a Question. Why all DB catch are 1 i dont get it? Some DB in the NFL cath better than the receiver. Does all QB have to have 25 agressive wont that affect the one that scramble.. Like Vick who to me is a very agressive QB.
I second this...I was using the most recent "all global edits included" file from another thread and noticed that all the cbs had been put in the 3-4 range for catch. I haven't played with this much and was just wondering what the logic was behind this move...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #22
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stateprop
I have a Question. Why all DB catch are 1 i dont get it? Some DB in the NFL cath better than the receiver. Does all QB have to have 25 agressive wont that affect the one that scramble.. Like Vick who to me is a very agressive QB. Oh yeah What other scramblers like Mcnair Culpepper, and mCnabb. They also scramble but not alot like vick. How would you rate their composure and PRC ability.
You're right, some DB's in the NFL do have better hands. Unfortunately it seems that the programming of this game doesn't reflect that out of the box. There have been numerous postings on this and other sites to speak to the inordinate number of interceptions one sees even in a game of 5 min. periods with default sliders and attributes, let alone the guys like me who like to play longer periods . So as long as we're trying to emulate realism during gameplay, my tweaks are based on previous suggestions which came from in-game experience. Yes, they are all at one. But, for example, in my recent Eagles (me) vs. Bears game, both McNabb and Grossman threw 2 ints. ea. One of the Bears' INT's came from Urlacher. The 25 agg. rating came from a previous suggestion, but I can't remember right now why that vs. something higher. And there are times where it will look like it's right in their hands and you may say to yourself "HOW could he not have caught that?", but it just depends on what you're going for in the end.

The thing is I don't think we're going to be able to get the running QB's to fully mimic their real life counterparts. When you say Vick is a "very aggressive QB to me", then there 2 problems there: 1 - don't let your subjective liking for the team or a guy dictate how you tweak (I love the Chiefs, but I'm not going to make Sammie Parker an elite receiver --- fast yes --- overall good, no); 2 - understand your definition of aggression and what the term in the game means and what the ranges of the numbers do for it. Come to think of it, I believe that too high of an aggression for a QB might make them throw dumber passes and then the problem of INT's skyrocketing again.

I can post my current attributes for those QB's that you mentioned. But I think the QB taking off also comes as a result of "seeing" that the coverage is good. Again, in my Eagles/Bears game (I typically play MLB throughout the play), it was about 3rd and 7 and Grossman dropped back to pass, but the downfield coverage was there; I dropped my MLB to cover anyone possibly cutting across the middle and after a few seconds, Grossman scooted up the middle for a first down! I think for cpu QB's to actually run more, you may have to make a custom playbook for that. Even there, I don't know how many options there are for QB run plays other than the draw and the rollout/bootleg or even naked bootleg.

Last edited by daflyboys; 06-30-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18
Smile Re: Attribute Meanings

OK that make sense .
Old 06-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #24
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Here's 4 QB comparisons (bottom half of attributes); 3 scramblers and 1 pocket (though I don't think of McNair as the scrambler/runner he once was):

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »