Home

XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

This is a discussion on XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-26-2005, 01:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericLogin
these were fun. I played as MIN against NE and almost won. I was down by around 3tds and a field goal in the 4th, managed a quick TD, then an onside kick and scored another TD. Then kicked off, managed to get a turn over and scored a TD. Then my lucked turned around and they managed to score - but then I scored and pulled it to within 3, but time ran out :\

fun game, not too realistic, Culpepper ended up with about 400yds and 3tds, and I had a total of 600yds offense. But it was fun. I like losing sometimes!

Doesn't sound like anything that isn't out of the NFL norm. Culpepper is capable of putting up those numbers, especially when you are down by 3 TDs in the 4th.

As I posted in that other slider topic. A person's style of gameplay is almost always different than the next person's. Adjust sliders to fit your tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joselito
Hi, Can someone make TE John Paul Foshi for the raiders. The roster is pretty good.

With all the roster saves with franchise included I can figure out how to save the rosters and edit them and go back into franchise mode with current season.
I wouldn't plan on getting an update for a few low level players. If you do have Finn's editor though, it is fairly simple if you want to make any changes yourself. Tinker around with it and you'll get better at making your own changes to your liking. Finn also includes good help topics with his editors, be sure to check those out.

And for those other questions about a patch. I am not familar with any, unless you want to consider some of our player edits as a patch. Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
Doesn't sound like anything that isn't out of the NFL norm. Culpepper is capable of putting up those numbers, especially when you are down by 3 TDs in the 4th.
Have you watched the the vikings play? They couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. The two teams they've beaten are GB and NO, both teams such - one team is full of injured players (which got worse during the game), and the other team doesn't have a home (and are GB's only win)

I'm not trying to fight with you, but the vikings suck. It hurts to watch them. Tice needs to get some balls and sit Culpepper and give Johnson a shot. I don't claim to be a football fanatic, or even know that much about the game - but, unless I'm mistaken, 12 Interceptions, 5 Fumbles and just 6 TD's in 6 games isn't very good. Unless the point of the game is to turn the ball over as much as possible and score as few points as you can.

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that it feels odd and somewhat unrealistic to play as the Vikings with updated rosters and be able to put up such big numbers again top teams.

note: this has nothing to do with your edits. your edits certainly do make the game a lot better. the problem is with the game and how the AI was programmed. Basically, without the edits I destroy the computer. With the edits, I do seem to have a tougher time and actually lose some games. Your rosters are great, and help quite a bit - they're just not able to fix certain AI logic problems, which is no fault of yours

Last edited by GenericLogin; 10-26-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hehe...why did I, and why do I, even say anything at all

There have been no edits to these rosters that would reflect this year's stats. With the exception of a few rookies. And I'll just stop there, I dont want to wander off topic either.

Oooohh nellie, I could talk football all day and go back and forth! haha
Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM   #44
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Question. What do I need to in order to download these changes onto my X-Box? Sorry, but I don't what I'm doing. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericLogin
Have you watched the the vikings play? They couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. The two teams they've beaten are GB and NO, both teams such - one team is full of injured players (which got worse during the game), and the other team doesn't have a home (and are GB's only win)

I'm not trying to fight with you, but the vikings suck. It hurts to watch them. Tice needs to get some balls and sit Culpepper and give Johnson a shot. I don't claim to be a football fanatic, or even know that much about the game - but, unless I'm mistaken, 12 Interceptions, 5 Fumbles and just 6 TD's in 6 games isn't very good. Unless the point of the game is to turn the ball over as much as possible and score as few points as you can.

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that it feels odd and somewhat unrealistic to play as the Vikings with updated rosters and be able to put up such big numbers again top teams.

note: this has nothing to do with your edits. your edits certainly do make the game a lot better. the problem is with the game and how the AI was programmed. Basically, without the edits I destroy the computer. With the edits, I do seem to have a tougher time and actually lose some games. Your rosters are great, and help quite a bit - they're just not able to fix certain AI logic problems, which is no fault of yours

The guy was an MVP candidate last year and has been to pro bowls regularly. His attributes do not get gimped just becuase hes had 6 bad games in an otherwise pro bowl career.

And I hate the Vikes. Go Bears !!!
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
The guy was an MVP candidate last year and has been to pro bowls regularly. His attributes do not get gimped just becuase hes had 6 bad games in an otherwise pro bowl career.

And I hate the Vikes. Go Bears !!!
well hello to my fellow Bears fanatic....
i actually played the Vikings in my NickChew/2005 Roster/Schedule franchise last night and got slammed....final score was 35-17. brutal. Culpepper was threadin needles all night. Plus, it didn't help with Grossman throwin 4 pickles
my record is now 3-2....and i am strongly considering getting Orton out there for a start for tonights game against the Ravens!!

GO BEARS!!
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Let me start out by saying sorry if this has already been answered. I downloaded your roster and franchise files and I think they are great. However, I do have a concern with the franchise file. I see that all 32 teams are user controlled, so does this mean that I have to control every aspect of the other teams. For example, I just want to control the NY Jets, but what happens in the off season with respect to the draft signing free agents, etc. Do I have to do that for all the teams, or is there a way to set those things to auto for the other teams? I looked around but I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:19 PM   #48
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingocat
Let me start out by saying sorry if this has already been answered. I downloaded your roster and franchise files and I think they are great. However, I do have a concern with the franchise file. I see that all 32 teams are user controlled, so does this mean that I have to control every aspect of the other teams. For example, I just want to control the NY Jets, but what happens in the off season with respect to the draft signing free agents, etc. Do I have to do that for all the teams, or is there a way to set those things to auto for the other teams? I looked around but I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Use the roster file to start your own franchise, controlling only the teams you want to...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »