Home

XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

This is a discussion on XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

Here's an update that should go back to more of the v2 style of gameplay. Also included...a franchise download for all 32 teams.

3.1 update
- Minor roster moves as of 10/9 (EDIT - mistakingly put 9/9 before)
- All player edits will be posted over at gamechewover.com
- Improved gameplay from DBs
- Use catching slider to adjust to your liking for any drop pass issues you may have
- Depth charts not "100%" accurate, minor adjustments may be needed if you are that type of player who follows injuries, etc.
- Some "close match" rookies still included due to naming issue.
- No lock-up in any franchise mode

Franchise download
- All 32 teams controlled, using the 3.1 roster update and 2005 schedule from Finn's editor
- "Default" settings (8min qtrs, all-pro sliders, normal speed)
- Settings may be changed at any time during franchise
- Double check depth charts

**This may be the last significant update released. Time restraints will start taking over on the gamechewover site as we gear up for the "next gen" of virtual sports. There will be a constant adjustment thread over in the forums if anyone wants to keep their file up to date with any moves or fixes.

As always, enjoy It was a blast working with this community on these rosters
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_GCOrosters.zip (249.2 KB, 322 views)
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Franchise3.zip (307.0 KB, 214 views)

Last edited by NickChew; 10-11-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

As always, thanks for all of the hard work Nick. Your rosters and efforts are always top notch. Thanks for helping keep this game alive!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
As always, thanks for all of the hard work Nick. Your rosters and efforts are always top notch. Thanks for helping keep this game alive!
Amen and Amen
Old 10-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer
Amen and Amen
What do you mean by a "version 2 style of gameplay"?? I played your version 2 rosters and the version 3 and I don't see much of a difference so far. What kind of trends do you see in the version 3 that were different than 2? Again I am 4 games into a franchise and can start over if the results will be significantly different with 3.1 over 3.0. I also loved 2 but franchise was beckoning!

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
What do you mean by a "version 2 style of gameplay"?? I played your version 2 rosters and the version 3 and I don't see much of a difference so far. What kind of trends do you see in the version 3 that were different than 2? Again I am 4 games into a franchise and can start over if the results will be significantly different with 3.1 over 3.0. I also loved 2 but franchise was beckoning!
Thanks!
The best way to put it would be that the gameplay edits are more in line with v2. It may not appear to be that big of a difference for some, but in my opinion there is a noticable difference in DB play. Again, not a huge groundbreaking difference though. Nothing, from the sound of it, that I would reccommend restarting a franchise unless you absolutely wanted to.

But just an option for those that would like it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickChew
The best way to put it would be that the gameplay edits are more in line with v2. It may not appear to be that big of a difference for some, but in my opinion there is a noticable difference in DB play. Again, not a huge groundbreaking difference though. Nothing, from the sound of it, that I would reccommend restarting a franchise unless you absolutely wanted to.

But just an option for those that would like it
I noticed that the aggresiveness in your 3.1 for DB's seems to be set to 1 across the board. Upon looking at 3.0 some are at 1 but many are higher. Are there a few rough settings that you recommend that I could implement via the global editor?

Also....are you referring to DB's making extremely dumb moves instead of actually defending the ball? I have noticed that I have accidentally thrown into triple coverage a few times and thought I was screwed....but the AI of the CPU team has the DB's spinning or jumping away from the play instead of making a good break on the ball. Same against my team when I am not in control of the DB. IS this the type of thing you are seeing?

I apologize for asking so many questions. I remeber you used to have the slider setting on your site but I can't find them now to reference these things.

Peace!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 AM   #7
Rookie

No problem man. It would actually be fairly simple to implement a few edits into the 3.0 if you wanted to. The slider and editing info on the site has been down for awhile, but they are being worked on as we speak.

I did lower aggression by about 90-95% across the board on DBs. Then went through team by team on certain players and raised it back up to around 15. I've just always seen the DB play really be affected by aggression. It appears to make the DB's do the "run around receiver" thing, or making crazy spins and bad animations while the pass is in the air. Lowering this rating seems to tone that down a bit. And instead of doing crazy moves and such, actually making a play on the receiver and coming up with the tackle instead of totally screwing up. I did leave the aggression high for some to allow for those players to make more breaks on the ball for INTs.

Hope that clears some things up
Old 10-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

Slider and editing pages are up now. Link here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »