Home

XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

This is a discussion on XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: XBOX gamechewover's "NFL 2K6 Edition" 3.1 roster update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
thanks for your hard work...

peace,

ChiCubs aka ChiBears
Keep on representin the NFC Norris Hope yer "D" shut down DC as they did to my sorry Vikes last week haha.

Thanks Chi!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #26
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Ahh sooo, so again we meet Master NickChew and I see this time you mean buisness with your rosters and sliders of most def and deadly gameplay,very cleaver and I know you have ancient chinese secret put away and well guarded most likly by the dogs af Hell themselves whose names eluded me at this time but trust me they are there loyally guarding the "Gates" but in any case your have surpassed my expectations this time and you remind me of another tandem you and I,once revered for "out of the box thinking" that would be Sir Sherlock Holmes and the calm and poised Dr.Watson who most of the time saw things with his unique and keen eye always focusing on the task at hand and seemed to be in agreence to the sitution and circumstances to be "Elementry" as Holmes would put it.

Now you have crossed the line my old and ancient friend and this line has been drawn in the sand and so now I must charge you in the name of Roster and Slideology for the crime of editing,creating and distibution of a mind altering reality based re-endition of the NFL (Via rosters and sliders) that leads one (Hundreds of thousands) to believe the end of bad and the beginning of reasonable and rational gameplay can be achieved....to a point still the same you have violated the code and have released a very very engaging atmosphere of NFL Football except this time around it seems a bit more tame which is a good thing but I miss a lot of penalty calls especially the encrochment on the defense its almost gone or better yet I haven't seen any not a single one...thats what I mean by "Tamed" its ok though I just personaly miss that particular penality because its "Rare" to see it.

I haven't really delved into the Franchise yet because I've been "Breaking" down the gameplay and very realistic nuances that always seem to be associated with your rosters as I've experienced them in the past, I am noticing that stamina is stronger due to that Fatigue edit which you already know how I feel about it...I don't mean to say anythings wrong with it I understand its point and adjustment but I am a "Sim" guy and I love seeing those guys tire and fatigue to the point where the need to "Suck" a little wind from the "O2"tanks...thats as good as it gets,so I had to do what I had to do and now I'm pretty much where I want to be with them...you did say they were adjustable so I made a personal "Tweak" here and there!!!

The rosters themselves in my most honest and sincere opinion are edited to about the best "Edited" set from a gameplay stance I've played from such a set thats been edited...nothing odd or out of the norm really just edited/adjusted to play a better game then it did before which says alot since most guys want to play rosters that have no such edits but I say play em' both,the last VC update was pretty good and works just add the edits individually and its good to go,but you gota know what to edit to balance out the gameplay and Nick you've seem to have move us closer with the edits from what I'm seeing so far these are great I only wished some of that unsteadiness of the defense would sneak in like V2 did with thoses defensive penaltys and guys but don't sweat it these are what good editing/adjusting can do, achieve and produce a good game,even looking at the sliders you can see that "Unique" and odd looking setting for "Catching" its at 3 and unless you know editing and the games quirks its hard to explain but at looking at the rosters and the sliders I gota say that I've always been a firm believer of sometimes less being more,well I'll probably have more later I'm enjoying the games I'm playing and they play pretty "Amazing" IMO I think you've calmed somethings down just right and I do check the "Replays" and things like the "Collision" detections and player physics/animations very very good the edits combined with the sliders to compliment them are a good fit and really help the gameplay and you see some really cool ahh,umm...stuff I myself like tweaking for CPU games also and these are just about right on for me about the only thing needed would be the rosters personal updates but if they're on the rosters its no problem to move em' around I just wouldn't want to mess with how the edits are set up,they're great NickChew don't change a thing!!!

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101

Last edited by Rickster101; 10-23-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:16 PM   #27
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Those are some of the longest run-on sentences I have ever seen.

Quote:
punc·tu·a·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pngkch-shn)
n.

1. The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.
The marks so used.
2. The act or an instance of punctuating.

Nick, as always your rosters and efforts are top-notch. Are you being swayed by the next-gen hype yet, or does 2k5 has more life in your eyes?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:23 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 10

Nick,

Could you explain your franchise save to me? Why is it better to use your save than to start my own? Just wondering.

Thanks,

JB
Old 10-23-2005, 12:46 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Another classic post by Rickster lol, I love it. Glad to hear you're still enjoying them Rickster, that gives me a good feeling about the rosters when I get your comments.

Flyer, its best to just let him go and write the only way Rickster can, haha. Its always a classic read.
And thanks again Flyer. I gotta admit, the next gen is creeping into my mind more and more as Nov. 22nd approaches. In fact, I already have Madden 360 in my "Gamefly Q", hehe. I have some ideas and plans working on the gamechewover site for the big "next gen" thing. But we'll see what happens.
My gut feeling says 2K5 will be right there with 360 Madden as far as gameplay and functionability. Graphics will be close, as far as player models go. The edge there though is in the background textures and stadiums, they really look good in Madden 360. But the mo-cap and player transition animations and such still have me a bit worried.

Now on to UMD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
Nick,
Could you explain your franchise save to me? Why is it better to use your save than to start my own? Just wondering.
Thanks,
JB
I wouldn't say its better one way or another. I just posted a franchise save for anyone that does not have access to mass editing rosters or Finn's editor. If you start a franchise with these rosters, it will essentially be the same thing as what I have posted for download here.

ps - UMDDogs with a Wild logo ...I take it you go to school in Duluth, MN? I'm pretty familiar with that area
Old 10-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Did go to school in Duluth. Now I am down in Rochester.

I would like a UMD logo but I haven't found one.

Thanks again for the rosters.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 6

Nick, great rosters. Do you happen to have a spreadsheet or PDF of the edits you made to the various ratings? This would be helpful for knowing what formula to use for rookies. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVictoria
Nick, great rosters. Do you happen to have a spreadsheet or PDF of the edits you made to the various ratings? This would be helpful for knowing what formula to use for rookies. Thanks.
Never really thought about that....lol....

....what ^^he^^ said Nick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »