Home

The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

What's up os sports? I been playing NFL2k5 for a little over a year now and i must say that this game is great! It has everything that I look for in a football game(except for graphics of course).

But I'm trying to take my football gaming experience to another level by creating Draft Classes for Nfl2k5. I have figured out a way to make authentic draft classes for this game(using Finn's editor).

I have the complete 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 draft classes already completed. Every player that's currently in the NFL(as of 2/7/12)from these draft's years(including undrafted free agents, supplemental drafted players, etc.)are in these draft classes, along with some of the cpu generated players that wasn't used.

Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore, and "EVERY" other player from the 2005 draft that is currently in the league( plus some guys who was eligible to for the draft, that didn't get drafted as well)is in the 2005 draft class and so on.

I have 2 more draft classes to go...2010 and 2011. The thing is, the most recent drafts take longer to make because it's more players that has to be created(drafts from 4 or 5 years ago is quicker to make because half of the players that was drafted has either been cut or is out the league all together). And with me starting a new job yesterday, I just don't have the time to finish the last 2 draft classes.

So I was wondering if any one here at os can help with finishing up these draft classes, so the community can have these draft classes and help us take our NFL2k5 franchise to another level.

Whoever is willing to help, the only requirements you need is being familiar with Finn's editor. That's it. Once the final 2 draft classes is complete, I will post all 6 draft classes(2005-2011)here on os for everyone to download. If you're interested or have any questions respond to this thread or send me a private message.

UPDATE 5/3/12: I'm glad to say that all draft classes are finally complete for the 2004 default roster. The 2005-2011 draft classes are posted below. Thanks to RavensGamebreaker who did the majority of the editor work for the 2009-2011 draft classes and helping fix some errors for all 7 draft classes. Over 50 players each was added to the 2005, 2006 and the 2007 draft classes. The most notable players are listed below.

Most Notable Players added to the 2005 Draft Class

RB Maurice Clarett

RB Sam Gado

FB John Kuhn - Starting Fullback For 2010 Super Bowl Champion Packers

CB Brandon Browner - 2012 Pro Bowler For Seahawks

CB Kelvin Hayden - Full-Time Starter For The Colts From 2007-2010

CB Marlin Jackson - Full-Time Starter For The Colts From 2006-2008

Most Notable Players added to the 2006 Draft Class

CB Will Blackmon

CB Cortland Finnegan - 2008 Pro Bowler For The Titans

FS Antoine Bethea - 2007 and 2009 Pro Bowler For The Colts

Most Notable Players added to the 2007 Draft Class

CB William Gay - Full-Time Starter For The Steelers From 2009-2011

These draft classes took a lot of time and hard work so I hope everyone enjoy them. Keep in mind that these draft classes are for the 2004 default roster. I also will be creating the 2012 draft class sometime soon as well. Hopefully, I will have the 2012 draft up before the start of the real NFL season in September. Also there's no need to go back into the editor to manually match players PBP and last name. There's a quicker way to do it, which has been added to the instructions.

And if anyone see any errors(wrong college for a player, wrong skin color, etc.)please post it in this thread so I can correct it. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2k5 Draft Classes.zip (1.84 MB, 737 views)

Last edited by Bump101; 05-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

did you make them so they'd be in line with the default ratings from 2k?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

really? LOL
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
What's up os sports? I been playing NFL2k5 for a little over a year now and i must say that this game is great! It has everything that I look for in a football game(except for graphics of course).

But I'm trying to take my football gaming experience to another level by creating Draft Classes for Nfl2k5. I have figured out a way to make authentic draft classes for this game(using Finn's editor).

I have the complete 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 draft classes already completed. Every player that's currently in the NFL(as of 2/7/12)from these draft's years(including undrafted free agents, supplemental drafted players, etc.)are in these draft classes, along with some of the cpu generated players that wasn't used.

Aaron Rodgers, Frank Gore, and "EVERY" other player from the 2005 draft that is currently in the league( plus some guys who was eligible to for the draft, that didn't get drafted as well)is in the 2005 draft class and so on.

I have 2 more draft classes to go...2010 and 2011. The thing is, the most recent drafts take longer to make because it's more players that has to be created(drafts from 4 or 5 years ago is quicker to make because half of the players that was drafted has either been cut or is out the league all together). And with me starting a new job yesterday, I just don't have the time to finish the last 2 draft classes.

So I was wondering if any one here at os can help with finishing up these draft classes, so the community can have these draft classes and help us take our NFL2k5 franchise to another level.

Whoever is willing to help, the only requirements you need is being familiar with Finn's editor. That's it. Once the final 2 draft classes is complete, I will post all 6 draft classes(2005-2011)here on os for everyone to download. If you're interested or have any questions respond to this thread or send me a private message.
Can you post your other draft classes? I love playing with older rosters.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcor2
did you make them so they'd be in line with the default ratings from 2k?
Yes. I always play with the default rosters, so I made sure my draft classes stayed in line with the default rosters.

What I did was, I use the default draft classes that's already in the game and tweaked some of the ratings. For instance, the default draft class I used for the 2007 class had like 8 QB's that had a 70 overall rating or better. Now obviously the 2007 draft in real life was one of the worst draft classes ever for QB's with JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and Kevin Kolb being the top guys.

So I had to drop(or in some cases raise)some of the ratings for most of the QB's in the original NFL2k5 cpu generated draft, to match the talent level of the real NFL players that were available in each real life NFL draft.

I made sure that most of the ratings that I adjusted did not exceed the highest rating number for each rating name(ie spd, agil, jmp, etc.), for each position.

For example, I think 85 was the highest strength rating for a WR in the default rosters. And 16 was the lowest strength rating. So every WR in my draft classes have a strength rating between 16-85. I did this with every rating. I didn't touch the leadership, composure(excluding QBs), or aggressiveness(excluding CBs) rating at all, cause I read somewhere that changing these ratings could affect the players progression. The only extreme change in ratings I made was to CBs, where I globally edit every CB's aggressive rating to 24(which was the minimal rating for CB's in the default rosters) and I also globally edited DE, and LB catch rating to 1.

I sim 8 years with these draft classes and progression looked good with these edits.

Last edited by Bump101; 02-08-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Can you post your other draft classes? I love playing with older rosters.
Yes I will post the other draft classes. Someone has volunteered to do the 2010 and 2011 draft for me.

All draft classes will be posted hopefully with in two weeks.

I must warn you though, you must have Finn's editor and a action replay to transfer the files in order to use the draft classes.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 3

And now I'm sucked in, time to locate an Action Replay! Do I understand it correctly: you can start a default franchise, extract to the editor, then import that year's class, rinse and repeat every season w/out issues?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
And now I'm sucked in, time to locate an Action Replay! Do I understand it correctly: you can start a default franchise, extract to the editor, then import that year's class, rinse and repeat every season w/out issues?
If it works the same way it dose for Madden 08 for the PC, then that's exactly what you do and it shouldn't give you any problems.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »