Home

The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

Simmed through a season and got to the draft. It was really cool seeing some of the known names now coming off the board. Aaron Rodgers went #1 overall to the 1-15 Giants (funny how crazy this sounds now.) Great class man. Everyone who should have went first round went first round. Sorry I didn't type down the Round 1 but I am going to start a new season here soon and re-do it. Nice job.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
Wow this sounds awesome...going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the work.
No problem man. If you need any help just let me know. It might take me a day or two to answer questions because I have alot going on right now but I'll try to answer everyone questions as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
Simmed through a season and got to the draft. It was really cool seeing some of the known names now coming off the board. Aaron Rodgers went #1 overall to the 1-15 Giants (funny how crazy this sounds now.) Great class man. Everyone who should have went first round went first round. Sorry I didn't type down the Round 1 but I am going to start a new season here soon and re-do it. Nice job.
Thanks. I tried to make sure players from every position had a chance of getting drafted in the first round and not just RB's, OT's, DE's. I also tried to keep players ratings close to the default as possible. So you won't see 20 players with 80 overall ratings in one draft. But it sounds like everything turned out alright.

I have a question though, how many players did you have to rename? Was it more than 20? I just want to know for draft tweaking reasons. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the draft classes, and it looks like Eli time in NY is up now that they have Aaron Rodgers and all.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

Yeah the Giants didn't really make a logical choice. Sorry I don't remember how many names I changed though. Got through about 10-15 and than called it quits because I was just wanting to test out if everything went well. You're right though about those long names or awkwardly spelled names, most of those names got renamed. Like I said, I'll re-do another series and get back to you. Cheers!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aaron Rodgers going #1 sounds nice and all , but are these draft classes supposed to reflect how well the players are doing now?

Because if so than that is dumb as hell. The draft classes should reflect their college stats and combine scores as to give everyone (even the people who are out of the league now) a fair chance and make it more realistic than just making the people who turned out to be studs great in the class.

Other than that it sounds cool what you are doing and I've wanted this done for so long.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

Hey, any progress on the rest of the draft classes Bump101?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #22
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

*** hats. Love it.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
Hey, any progress on the rest of the draft classes Bump101?
Yeah all the draft classes are pretty much finish. I just have some tweaking to do. I know it's taking longer than expected but I'll try my best to have all the draft classes up before the real nfl draft. I had to pretty much re do all draft classes, even the ones that's already up.

My computer has been messing up(I had a really bad virus)and I finally got it up and running normal again. Plus I ran into some legal trouble recently, that's been holding me up as well.

I'll try my best to get these done by the 26th. Sorry for the delay. I basically have everything done, I just have to find the time to do finish them up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
*** hats. Love it.
Thanks bro. Glad you enjoy them. The other draft classes should be up soon.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Big props to you Bump101 I've been watching this thread for sometime now and really enjoy your draft classes. I do have a question to ask you about using the games default roster with the franchise using 380 as its draft class.

Now I did use the games default but wanted the roster update 01-07-05 so I did them both.

Now the update has a draft class size of 542, pretty big by players alone and generating and excess of 162 more players.....requiring more attention to names and edits. Is there anything you saw in the update that you though didn't look or play right right opting for the games default?

The Boss Lead Man
Rickster101

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »