Home

The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Big props to you Bump101 I've been watching this thread for sometime now and really enjoy your draft classes. I do have a question to ask you about using the games default roster with the franchise using 380 as its draft class.

Now I did use the games default but wanted the roster update 01-07-05 so I did them both.

Now the update has a draft class size of 542, pretty big by players alone and generating and excess of 162 more players.....requiring more attention to names and edits. Is there anything you saw in the update that you though didn't look or play right right opting for the games default?

The Boss Lead Man
Rickster101
Yeah I just decided to go with the default roster because I created my own 2004 roster, based off the default ones. My roster is a mix between the default roster and the final roster update from 2k.

I used the site pro football reference and went through all the teams and found that some players wasn't on the final roster update. For some reason, 2k didn't put guys that was injured (and for other reasons) at the time on each teams roster, some of those players end up being big name guys. So I didn't want to start my franchise with these guys not in it, so I just decide to create my own roster. The roster I created, is similar to the real 2004 NFL final team rosters, with a few exceptions. Like I decide to leave Jerry Rice and Tim Brown with the Raiders because the Bucs and Seahawks already had so many high rated WR's.

I also re did some ratings based off how long a player played in the league after the 2004 season. So for example, I took the 77 overall rating of a OLB that was out the NFL after the 2004 season and gave it to OLB Hunter Hillenmeyer, since Hillenmeyer was a full time starter and still in the league. I did this for every team in the league, so guys that was out of the league in a year or two, that started out with a high rating would have low ratings, and the guys that are regular starters and still in the NFL that started with a low rating can have a higher rating.

That way when my franchise progress, the guys that is still in the league(in real life) would have a higher chance of being signed by a team, while the guys that ended up being out of the league(in real life)would be the ones sitting in free agency.

I also notice that some of the WR's ratings was lower on the final roster compared to the default ones. Not only did it hurt the cpu's in game offense but I didn't like the fact that only 6 or 7 WR's would have 1,000 yards or more at the end of the season.

And finally I just thought most people played with the default rosters, so I just decided to go with the default ones in the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds good to me just thought I'd ask in the meantime how is that draft class coming along?

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Sounds good to me just thought I'd ask in the meantime how is that draft class coming along?

The Boss...Lead Man
Rickster101
Everything was coming along fine, until I ran into a problem with the editor. When I go to save my file, it encounters a problem. I get a warning that says...

nfl2k5 editor has stopped working.

Then when I go to open the same file I just tried to save, I get another warning that says...

cannot open file - the file name directory, name, or volume label, syntax is incorrect.

I tried reinstalling the editor. I tried repairing the editor. And I tried saving the file to the my documents folder, instead of the program files folder and I'm still having problems.

If anyone has any advice on how to get this fix, please let me know. My operating system is windows 7. The editor worked fine when I had Vista as my OS but since i switched over to Windows7(because I had a nasty virus that wouldn't go away)I been having this problem.

Rickster, I know you're very familiar with the editor, have you ever encountered this problem?

Maybe Finn can help. I'll try to PM him and see what he say. If I can't get it fix, I'm going to have to switch back to vista to finish the draft classes, then switch back to 7 when I'm done.

Either way, this is going to delay the process more if I can't come up with a quick fix.

I'll try to finish up all the in-game edits in the mean time. I'm half way finished with the 2010 draft class, then all that's left to do is the 2011 draft. I have to re-edit players ratings and other minor tweaks, but everything is pretty much finish.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I've seen and have heard of some strange things happening with the editor over its version releases and this last one pretty much has fixed or resolved most of them to the point where it has a built in fix ability to correct most naming issues but nothing to the point where it just stops working.

About the closest to a syntax/out of bounds error in my experience has been reported in with the roster positions as in one player in two position example a player assigned to play left guard is in both left and right positions other then that I know of no such syntax/out of bounds errors reported.

It sounds like the problem lies within the file itself the editor is pretty straight forward and can only process the date it receives and is pretty much limitless it does not calculate or add anything numeric and the data base is also name generated.

You're doing the naming in-game so if after you've loaded the file something changed in the transfer you can't overload names because it just uses whats there....380 and even if they were under or over that number it should still load them with names left over to edit.

I tried using windows 7 years ago and had issues getting the editor and AR to function using it....I went back to my windows XP and haven't looked back.

I'd import that draft class into another default roster and see if its still seeing that syntax error which sounds more like a grammar or character error something thats not being read correctly by your system.

Wish I knew more but syntax errors aren't common and are usually associate with computer science fields and computer grammar/characters not being read correctly.

Check in with Dolphin also perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
I've seen and have heard of some strange things happening with the editor over its version releases and this last one pretty much has fixed or resolved most of them to the point where it has a built in fix ability to correct most naming issues but nothing to the point where it just stops working.

About the closest to a syntax/out of bounds error in my experience has been reported in with the roster positions as in one player in two position example a player assigned to play left guard is in both left and right positions other then that I know of no such syntax/out of bounds errors reported.

It sounds like the problem lies within the file itself the editor is pretty straight forward and can only process the date it receives and is pretty much limitless it does not calculate or add anything numeric and the data base is also name generated.

You're doing the naming in-game so if after you've loaded the file something changed in the transfer you can't overload names because it just uses whats there....380 and even if they were under or over that number it should still load them with names left over to edit.

I tried using windows 7 years ago and had issues getting the editor and AR to function using it....I went back to my windows XP and haven't looked back.

I'd import that draft class into another default roster and see if its still seeing that syntax error which sounds more like a grammar or character error something thats not being read correctly by your system.

Wish I knew more but syntax errors aren't common and are usually associate with computer science fields and computer grammar/characters not being read correctly.

Check in with Dolphin also perhaps he can shed some light on the subject.

The Boss....Lead Man
Rickster101
Thanks for the advice Rickster but I just decided to leave windows 7 on my c drive and installed Vista on my d drive. I checked out the editor and it's working just fine on Vista. The good thing about it is I get to keep both Windows 7 and Vista on my computer at the same time using a dual boot.

As far as the draft classes go, I probably won't have time to work on them at least until Tuesday. Yesterday was one of the only days where I could sit around the house and do nothing, so that's why I wanted to try to finish up these draft classes then.

Oh well, everything should still be finish by April 26th the day of the real NFL draft.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #30
Pro

hardcor2's Arena

any updates on the progress?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcor2
any updates on the progress?
All the draft classes are complete. Check my original post for more details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #32
Rookie

Update: I had to re-upload the draft classes today because of a few major errors. If you downloaded the draft classes between May 3 - May 5 before 4:00 pm eastern time, you might want to download them again so you can have the error free draft classes, which is still attached to my original post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »