Home

The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
And now I'm sucked in, time to locate an Action Replay! Do I understand it correctly: you can start a default franchise, extract to the editor, then import that year's class, rinse and repeat every season w/out issues?
Pretty much. There is one catch(well maybe 2)though. When you import the draft class, some of the players names get scrambled or reset to the original default player name.

So if a guy name was originally Tom Jones and I changed him to Aaron Rodgers, once the import is complete, Aaron Rodgers will somehow become Tom Jones again. But everything else will remain the same. So even though Aaron Rodgers name is now Tom Jones again, "Tom Jones" will still have all of Aaorn Rodgers information(weight, height, college, birth date, face, etc.). So all you have to do is re name Tom Jones back to Aaron Rodgers "in" game. You have to make sure that you have edited rookies option on in your franchise settings and you'll be good to go.

The players names that gets reset is completely random, although players with long names seem to make up the majority of the names that get reset. So sometimes you may have to re enter 10 players name and sometimes it might be 30. I've never had to re enter more than 50.

Another draw back is, once the players names get reset, so does the play by play. So if the pbp was suppose to say Rodgers before the reset, the pbp will than say Jones after the reset. So you'll have to go back into Finn's editor and switch it back to "Rogers". The name Rodgers(with a D)is not in the player database, so once you re enter Rodgers name "in" game the pbp will switch from Jones to what ever Rodgers jersey number will be. It's alot of players with similar sounding names but spelled differently in the player database that's in these draft classes. You don't have to go back into the editor if you don't want to. If you don't mind the announcers saying players jersey numbers than once you re name the players that was reset you're finish importing them. If you do mind, then changing a players pbp is another thing to edit.

You probably have to do 10-20 minutes worth of work for each draft class. I'll make a short tutorial demonstrating how it's done so everyone can make these edits as fast as possible.

Last edited by Bump101; 02-09-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification. So say the players name gets scrambled, and is then edited in the editor, does it end up counting againt one of your CAPS? Sorry for the noob Qs, just been cramming 8 yrs of threads into the past several weeks. I did DL the editor and a few rosters to get familiar with it, very impressed.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification. So say the players name gets scrambled, and is then edited in the editor, does it end up counting againt one of your CAPS? Sorry for the noob Qs, just been cramming 8 yrs of threads into the past several weeks. I did DL the editor and a few rosters to get familiar with it, very impressed.
That's the thing with my draft classes, you don't need to edit players names in the editor. The only thing you need to use the editor for is to export the draft classes and import them. You also need to change some of the players PBP(play by play)in the editor, but this is only optional.

Never ever edit players names in the editor. If you do, you will completely screw up your franchise file. Your franchise could become corrupted, it will start to freeze, players(in the draft and players already on teams)names will get scrambled or players will reset altogether. Players name, college, birth date and all we reset if you edit players names inside the editor.

So I'll repeat do not editor players names with the editor.

The correct way to edit players is to put NFL2k5 into your xbox or 360, turn the game on, load up your franchise as if you're about to play a game. Once your franchise is loaded, go to the upcoming rookie screen and edit the players name within the game. You must make sure you have the edit rookie option on. I will try to work on the tutorial this weekend and I will try to upload the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 draft classes by Tuesday so you can get started.

And no the players in the draft class don't count as CAP's. The players in my draft class just replaces the players in the default draft class. There's 380 players in the default draft class and 380 players in each of my draft classes as well.

Last edited by Bump101; 02-10-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Good luck with this OP and whoever else helps him out. I'll definitely be following this thread until everything is finished. Draft classes are always a big thing for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Alright guys, thought i'll just update everyone on the draft classes.

The 2010 and 2011 draft classes is taking longer than we expected but should be up in another 2 weeks.

The 2009 draft class needs more tweaking and will be up in a week.

Here are the 2005-2008 draft classes below. You must have winrar to unzip files.

I've been very busy the past week with my new job and all, plus I forgot tuesday was valentines day, so that and a number of other things held me up from posting these.

Anyway if you guys have any question about the draft classes, post your questions in this thread and i'll try my best to answer them. I added some instructions with the draft classes, but I didn't have time to create a tutorial with images or what not. I'll have the tutorial finish by the time the other 3 draft classes are finish.

Until then you guys have fun with the other draft classes and let me know how the players you're eventually going to draft turn out. It's 2:30 am, I have to be up by 10. lol. Have fun guys.

Last edited by Bump101; 05-03-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Removed old draft classes
Old 02-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #14
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm just a little bit confused about the instructions because I am using the whole Xbox 360 transfer cable method. Would it still would the same way?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
I'm just a little bit confused about the instructions because I am using the whole Xbox 360 transfer cable method. Would it still would the same way?
I never transferred files for the 360. But if you have already transferred files for 2k5 for 360 before, then transfer the files the way you normally do and just follow the rest of the instructions accordingly.

I mainly created the instructions to show everyone how to edit the players names, and identify a player if their name gets scrambled or reset. I hope this helped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4

Wow this sounds awesome...going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »