Home

PES 2017 Tactics

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Tactics within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
PES 2017 Tactics

This doesn't belong in the impressions thread, nor do I think it belongs in the "teach me how/strategy" thread as to me that's more learn how to play the game, not team up to fix/enhance aspects of the game. So, here's a thread dedicated to tactics, whether it's for AI or human controlled.

Personally, I'm currently focused on AI tactics and getting the opposition to slow the heck down when in attack. You can make teams counter and hit it long fairly easily, but slowing down and building an attack? Not nearly as easy.

I've started out by playing against Man City over and over, attempting to get them to slow their attack, win the possession game, and not spring forward the second they receive the ball.

If you're familiar at all with my obsession with FIFA custom team tactics, you'll know my first goal is to make teams play realistically in general and second is to have teams play realistically and as they do in real life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tactics Spreadsheet
PES 2017 AI/CPU Tactics

The above spreadsheet contains tactics for teams which are meant for humans to play against. They each have a fluid formation image for in possession and out of possession, as well as listing out all other tactic settings.

They are not perfect, and may not be precise for each team. The goal will be to have certain teams set with specific tactics while other teams will get a generic tactic that is used for multiple teams.

The overall goal is to have teams play in a realistic manner, which includes utilizing fluid formations to set proper player roles.

Please feel free to submit tactics, with images of formations included so they can be included on the spreadsheet!

Matt's 5 Second Fix & dmendenhall's Position Changing

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-26-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
This doesn't belong in the impressions thread, nor do I think it belongs in the "teach me how/strategy" thread as to me that's more learn how to play the game, not team up to fix/enhance aspects of the game. So, here's a thread dedicated to tactics, whether it's for AI or human controlled.

Personally, I'm currently focused on AI tactics and getting the opposition to slow the heck down when in attack. You can make teams counter and hit it long fairly easily, but slowing down and building an attack? Not nearly as easy.

I've started out by playing against Man City over and over, attempting to get them to slow their attack, win the possession game, and not spring forward the second they receive the ball.

If you're familiar at all with my obsession with FIFA custom team tactics, you'll know my first goal is to make teams play realistically in general and second is to have teams play realistically and as they do in real life.

This is currently where I'm at with getting the AI to play a more possession game. It does matter of course how you're set up. If you're not sending men behind the ball on defense, they're going to exploit you faster. But if you're defending well and hold your shape, the goal is that with the opposition set up in this manner they'll try and pick their way through you as opposed to just firing it in.

Playing against this setup I actually saw the AI back pass while in midfield, and not just look to move the ball forward 100% of the time.

Possession — Man City

In possession:
Spoiler

Out of possession:
Spoiler
Awesome, now we're cooking. One thing I will say Krebs, O dont think you can get a good baseline going in exhibition. Not sure if this is the mode in which you are consucting your tests, but throwing it out there anyway. One thing I noticed today, 25 minute games have a very tabgible effect on the CPU's hectic pace.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Sweet I have been working on Bvb, Arsenal and Watford. Hoping to post those soon.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
Awesome, now we're cooking. One thing I will say Krebs, O dont think you can get a good baseline going in exhibition. Not sure if this is the mode in which you are consucting your tests, but throwing it out there anyway. One thing I noticed today, 25 minute games have a very tabgible effect on the CPU's hectic pace.
Great heads up, I find if you don't want to test them in ML it is best to try it in the Konami Custom League .
Old 09-18-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

PES 2017 Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82

I've been playing 25 or 30 minute games. I have been only playing in exhibition. If I were to test in ML, how would that work best? Can I load a ML and will whatever I've edited a team's tactics to appear in ML? Even if I update it after the ML has started?

Or could we test in a "competition" of sorts? If the hectic AI attack is toned down outside of exhibition, I'll feel we're in a decent place.

The fact that I got back passes and a bit of build up from those tactics made me SO happy.

One thing I love about PES is that formations, player placement and player roles really have an impact. A DM stays back, for example! So fun to play with Chelsea and see Kante guarding the back four.

Last edited by Krebstar; 09-18-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Great heads up, I find if you don't want to test them in ML it is best to try it in the Konami Custom League .

Have you noticed a less hectic and direct AI attack outside of exhibition?
Old 09-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I check all these on

Fluid formation on
Auto defense attack adjust on
Auto subs on - flexible
Auto preset tactics switch on

For every team.

While doing that I noticed that the vast majority of "poorer" quality teams in the game have all out defense selected.

The majority of good teams have frontline pressure on.

A couple wildcards here when testing are condition, which IMHO has a big effect on a player. You play a match where the LB isn't feeling it and no, he won't be nearly as effective at covering his space, his man, winning the ball, etc.

So best to test with this off or the same for each team.

Second one is rivalry. I personally really like this feature but some don't. That gala fener match I posted had each team set as rivals and you can see how the aggression is turned up.

Last edited by BL8001; 09-18-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I've been playing 25 or 30 minute games. I have been only playing in exhibition. If I were to test in ML, how would that work best? Can I load a ML and will whatever I've edited a team's tactics to appear in ML? Even if I update it after the ML has started?

Or could we test in a "competition" of sorts? If the hectic AI attack is toned down outside of exhibition, I'll feel we're in a decent place.

The fact that I got back passes and a bit of build up from those tactics made me SO happy.

One thing I love about PES is that formations, player placement and player roles really have an impact. A Adam stays back, for example! So fun to play with Chelsea and see Kante guarding the back four.
Anything you do in Edit mode should carry over into ML as far as tactics. You can also save a tactic profile and load it in the gameplan menu. Im not sure how many slots this allows though. You can also edit, play the game, and exit to top menu without saving so you can olay the same game over and over.

I know what you mean man, I really love how there is a very real ebb and flow to the game, how every tactic has a counter, it really becomes a thinking game as opposed to twitch reflexes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »