Home

PES 2017 Tactics

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Tactics within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2016, 11:45 AM   #25
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Im still not sold on the differences in the attack/defend formations with fluid formations, for now.

If im against a great team, i like to feel pressured, on my toes, "forced" to rely more on the long ball and counter, and by turning on fluid formations, i feel the CPU doesn´t pressure me on my own half, which, to me, is crucial in a big team.

What i will try tonight is set a big team, like Man. City, for example, to a high line, pressure and agressive options on and choose tiki taka, offensive fullbacks and gegenpress on the tactics.

Then, i set the exact same tactic for defensive (fluid formations on of course) and only retreat the wingers and mid fielders a bit, but not making them LM or RM...

I think this might get the big teams play a bit better...
If FF is off do you find teams pressing up the pitch higher?

I know this is a bigger deal in this year's game but after watching games this weekend there are only a couple of teams that don't drop back after they lose the ball (Man City and Liverpool). If both of those teams have gegenpress assigned to them in tactics they will use them and it is quite difficult to play against them. I do agree that it is exaggerated in the game but I am willing to deal with it. When I look at the Ball Winning menu I am finding that it looks pretty accurately like the Interceptions and Tackles "chalkboard" on whoscored.com for how many balls are won in each area of the pitch. I will post some pics and such soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 12:00 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I disagree a little. They will follow your "formation" but positioning is somewhat dependant on attack levels. I have tested moving all my mids up to attacking midfielders right on the brink of becoming FW's and they drop back behind the ball. The main influence on positioning is not where you place the players in FF's but what you assign them. The difference between FW and MF is huge while the difference between a CM and DM is also noticeable.
I generally leave that level at default because it's new this gen and honestly, I forget it's there. LOL

But yeah, that makes sense that it would change your shape depending on where you have it set. That's awesome actually. I'll have to start playing with it.

As for the last point, you're on the money. I've done it with the full backs and FW's before, but never thought of changing a CM to CDM and vice versa w and w/o the ball until I watched your vid. That was a great tip. and literally opened up all sorts of possibilities for me. Especially handy in ML games where you need to rotate tired players.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:22 PM   #27
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Oh wow I like this train of thought.

Ok so this is a simple test. I am at work and can't do it myself until later on tonight.

Make all 3 formations the same but make them all have 2 central mids

When in possession make 1 mid a CAM and keep the other mid CM

When out of possession make both CDM.

See if they stack on O and drop back on D.

Then switch it up and make both CDM on attack and both CAM on defense and see if they actually "disobey" the flow of the game.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Oh wow I like this train of thought.

Ok so this is a simple test. I am at work and can't do it myself until later on tonight.

Make all 3 formations the same but make them all have 2 central mids

When in possession make 1 mid a CAM and keep the other mid CM

When out of possession make both CDM.

See if they stack on O and drop back on D.

Then switch it up and make both CDM on attack and both CAM on defense and see if they actually "disobey" the flow of the game.
Thing is, you can only change their position based on where they are on the field. It's all relative.

Take a 4-2-3-1. The "2", in their default spots on the field, won't have the CAM option unless you move them up manually in the Game Plan screen. They can only be CMF or CDM.

On the flipside, the "3" won't have the CDM option unless you manually move them back in the game plan. They can only be CAM or CMF.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:00 PM   #29
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
PES 2017 Tactics

After using dmendenhall's tips for player tactics i edited both brazil and england, it was quite obvious the improvement it made....quick attacks by both me and the cpu became the exception instead of the norm. It was especially nice to see when the cpu hit a "dead end" in their attack and have to reset. I also had to do the same many times because the space is tighter as it should be.

Game finished 0-0, i ( brazil) had 7 shots to england's nine. It was top player , 0 assist game speed -1, and possession ended up 51-49 for england. This was on 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #30
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Great job on your changes dmendenhall_9. They work great.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
Great job on your changes dmendenhall_9. They work great.
Yeah, I am sold on these as well. Definitely have to share them with the world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #32
Pro

Would it be possible to put details of dmendhall tips in the OP, I am not sure I am getting it right with the switch between the impression thread and this one.
Is it only a matter of giving proper position to players? Let say setting a FW to MF to allow them joining defensive phase as opposed very up pitch positioning of let say Boca or France wingers in the demo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »