Home

PES 2017 Tactics

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Tactics within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #65
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2017 Tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Yeah, the more I see this in my play sessions the more I feel this adaptive AI is real.

I think to test the adaptive AI alone you would need to play the exact same matchup 4 or 5 times in a row.

I am getting some variables switching teams, but saying that, I do tend to match teams up based on team ratings. Maritimo and estoril were very even as were the other matchups.

But this was two nights in a row where I clearly felt the difficulty ramp up without changing the actual difficulty.
I noticed this in a game vs. Crystal Palace as I had them edited to Possession/Long Pass. While the game was still even they were sending Long Passes to Benteke and a few other players constantly. I thought, are they really going to do this all game, after scoring on a few set pieces and they were up 2-1 late in the match they started focusing on keeping possession and short passes at the back and maybe the occasional long ball. I had to go in and check to make sure they were still on long pass and they were.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #66
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Yeah, the more I see this in my play sessions the more I feel this adaptive AI is real.

I think to test the adaptive AI alone you would need to play the exact same matchup 4 or 5 times in a row.
I agree. That is my plan actually as I am just testing games and tactics with Premier League teams till the MLS OF drops, so I will play similar match ups and try to get a decent sample to see what happens further. If it is adaptive AI or not, I like what is happening as this game is so good where it counts.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 6

Question for the tactic gurus here. Do you guys play the same formation every game ie 4-2-3-1 or do you switch it up based on your opponents formations and tactics? Or do you allow the computer to adjust to your formations and tactics? It seems this years version of PES is very very tactically sound and you must be tactically astute to out smart your opponent.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #68
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Question

When you go look at a team and go into the advanced instructions, where things like wing rotation and gegenpress can be assigned to the d-pad, no team has any assigned that I have come across.

Why?

These are the things you can setup to change on the fly during a match as a user. But can the CPU "access" them if nothing is there?

Last edited by BL8001; 09-21-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:44 PM   #69
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Question

When you go look at a team and go into the advanced instructions, where things like wing rotation and gegenpress can be assigned to the d-pad, no team has any assigned that I have come across.

Why?

These are the things you can setup to change on the fly during a match as a user. But can the CPU "access" them if nothing is there?
Good question I'll have to test it, but sometimes it seems like the CPU use them without being assigned any.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Question

Why?

I think the cpu has assigned tactics behind the scenes for every team. For example, Barcelona always uses the gegenpress and Real Madrid the overlapping fullbacks one. You can't see them but they're there no doubt.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #71
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Question

Why?

I would like to know this as well. Also the (switch preset tactics) under support settings, when you set that to on for a Cpu team, what exactly is it switching the tactics to for that team? Is it just switching randomly to any of the other tactics apart from the ones you have preset or? Is it even switching anything for the CPU teams at all? I would think this setting may make teams play away from there strengths and turn them into just a team that is doing every tactic in the book depending on how it works.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #72
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
I would like to know this as well. Also the (switch preset tactics) under support settings, when you set that to on for a Cpu team, what exactly is it switching the tactics to for that team? Is it just switching randomly to any of the other tactics apart from the ones you have preset or? Is it even switching anything for the CPU teams at all? I would think this setting may make teams play away from there strengths and turn them into just a team that is doing every tactic in the book depending on how it works.
I'm pretty sure this is just for human teams. Those support settings only make sense for if the human is that team. The CPU will always auto switch their attack/defense levels, for example.

As far as I understand, anything under support settings only has an effect on if you're the human playing with that tactic.

I could be wrong, but anything else just doesn't seem to make sense. You can set it so substitutions are done automatically for you, for example. If you have that to off, the CPU will still make substitutions. If you have auto adjust attack/defense levels, the CPU will still adjust theirs when playing against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »