Home

How's Your 'Become A Legend' Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your 'Become A Legend' Mode Going? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #41
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How's Your 'Become A Legend' Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyThree
Hey guys, first post. I just got the game yesterday and I'm don't know much about real life soccer but I'm having a lot of fun with this mode. Matt10 got me wanting the game from his Lam Matteo blog.

Anyway, I scored a goal in my intro game and signed with Sant Blanco/Verde (is that a made up team? I can't find any information about them online.) Took me 10 inter team games to make the bench, and I've played in 5 of 7 games since, starting in 1. 2 goals so far, one on an empty net when the keeper bounced one off his hands and the other on a lucky header.

My open shot shooting is pretty bad at this point, but hopefully it'll get better.
Thats cool, Sant Blanco/Verde is R.C. Santander in real life, if you can try and get a option file with update kits and emblems, makes the experience even better. Have fun with BAL mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Thats cool, Sant Blanco/Verde is R.C. Santander in real life, if you can try and get a option file with update kits and emblems, makes the experience even better. Have fun with BAL mode.
Awesome, thanks. I'll look into it in the other thread that's on here.

Last edited by ThirtyThree; 12-03-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

So as I have said I am on Sunderland and at the break we were dead last and on a four game losing streak. During the negotiation period I have offers from 5 other clubs to sign with them for double my salary, but decide to stick with Sunderland. I'm glad I did. We upset United and Chelsea back to back and then beat two other teams before tying the last. We are now in 15th and the difference between 10th and 20th is 3 points either way...it's insane.

My biggest concern is that I won't get offers from other leagues since I joined league C to begin with. I'd be PISSED if I had to spend my entire career in the one league. If you can join different leagues, than this game may be my favorite sports game of all time when it's all said and done.

I've even tried playing my Master League since starting BAL and it's not nearly as engaging. In fact, in order to get me into it, I turned on player lock and changed the camera to the same one in BAL. I may just lock onto different players throughout the ML and see what happens. That way, the game will never truly be to easy for me as I'm not in control of results as much...

I LOVE this game.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:32 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 15

BTW, does anyone notice that the whole player lock/BAL style of play sort of takes the frustration out of losing? I mean, I still want to win, but that's not really my major concern. I love positioning my player and making the right passes and runs.

My only goal this season (and I've had chances as an AMF...god....what chances) was on a play where I passed the ball to the wing and took off towards the net. His cross deflected off a defender and I was in the PERFECT position to jam it home....We won that game 1-0, but I think I'd have been fine with tying or losing because my first goal was so awesome.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #45
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
BTW, does anyone notice that the whole player lock/BAL style of play sort of takes the frustration out of losing? I mean, I still want to win, but that's not really my major concern. I love positioning my player and making the right passes and runs.

My only goal this season (and I've had chances as an AMF...god....what chances) was on a play where I passed the ball to the wing and took off towards the net. His cross deflected off a defender and I was in the PERFECT position to jam it home....We won that game 1-0, but I think I'd have been fine with tying or losing because my first goal was so awesome.
Completely agree with that. I think the frustrating thing about losing when playing a normal game is that you have control over everything and the teammate AI is not as good. I know that's how I feel. At times I feel like I'm playing against a script as opposed to another team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #46
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Match Day 29
Genoa vs. Atalanta
Bristol Mary Stadium

On Match Day 29 Genoa welcomed Atalanta. The third meeting between the two squads in the last two weeks.

The home side was full of confidence coming off the win in the European Masters Quarterfinals. Genoa struck first with a goal by Greco in the 54th. Unfortunately, Atalanta scored the equalizer just 10 minutes later.

In the 84th Genoa was awarded a corner kick but Lugano's header was kept out by an incredible diving save from the Atalanta keeper.

Final Score

Genoa 1 Atalanta 1

Currently Genoa sits 19th in the table with 23 points. They are 2 points behind 18th Reggina and 5 points behind 17th Lecce.

Genoa travels to Bologna for their next match. Bologna is in 9th place with 42 points.

Highlights:

Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #47
Banned

Hey guys,

I'm in my third season with Manchester City. I'm an attacking Midfielder who didnt start until my second season.

My first season was spent mostly training and making an occasional sub.

My second season I played in 46 games, most of which i started in the premier league, and I managed to finish second in assist with 9 on the season! Only Paul Scholes edged me out with ten! I also led my team in goals with 5 and we finished 11th in the table.

I resigned with Man City for my third season and im off to a slow start with no goals or assist in my first 5 games.

I love this mode! It is as addictive as anything I have ever played.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #48
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerowack
My biggest concern is that I won't get offers from other leagues since I joined league C to begin with. I'd be PISSED if I had to spend my entire career in the one league. If you can join different leagues, than this game may be my favorite sports game of all time when it's all said and done.
You can join different leagues in this game, I know at the end of my first season I got an offer from Bologna FC in the Serie A and I'm in Ligue 1. So the offers will come eventually.

Right now I just trying to win some silverware. We have a great chance of winning the division with OGC Nice because we were on a nice 7 game winning streak only to be brought back down to earth by PSG. Also since I am out of the D1 Cup and the Euro Masters Cup (Uefa Cup) is looking pretty slim for me to win since I just gave up 3 goals in the first leg of the quarter finals to Marseille. Sitting in 3rd place with 4 points behind the leader I think I have a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »