Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #521
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Just had the game challenge a play for me, while I was on offense, for no reason what so ever. Of course I lost the challenge and lost a time out. That pissed me off. I also noticed every time I call an audible, the CPU also calls an audible to the perfect counter play that I just audible to. I literally called 3 audibles in a row, the CPU countered it step for step.

And in this current game as well, the CPU just sacked 4 times on screens and I was sacked twice on screens. Cardinals vs Chiefs. And I was amazed how often Jamal Charles was chased down from behind by defensive linemen. That was just ridiculous.

It is like speed and acceleration is not respected in the game. Hell even De'Anthony Thomas was chased down from behind by a defensive lineman. I would also say on punts, a defender makes it to the punter quite often, how ever instead of jumping up to block the kick, they do a dive tackle animation and just slide into the punter's legs.
What is your tackling slider and speed threshold slider set to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #522
Pro

OVR: 4

I've had the game for 2 days, but my initial impressions is that it's pretty much everything that annoyed me about the last gen Madden/NCAA games...NCAA 14 in particular as that was the last EA football game I owned before Madden 15. And like NCAA 14, for whatever reason, penalties are hardly called, and the commentary is as bad as ever.

I haven't had the game for long, but as of now, the only thing I feel is 'next gen' are the graphics. It definitely looks the part, but the same old issues still remain imo.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #523
Banned

OVR: 0

Question:

If I were to play all the games on the NFL schedule, without cpu intervention -- Would this game get stagnant and old by Week 3 ?

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #524
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I noticed a few more improvements in player CFM mode (be a pro). I play as a HB.

The punters actually will intelligently angle punts out of bounds. In M25, punting from near mid-field meant they were putting the ball straight into the end zone most of the time. Now, both the CPU and my punter are actually trying to pin teams against the goal by aiming for the sidelines.

The whole QB holding the ball too long/sack problem is still there, but it seems improved at least from 25. Maybe I'm imagining things, but in M25 I would go 3 and out with 3 straight sacks and end up 4th and 20+ all the time. It is still not right, but it seems better.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #525
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I also noticed every time I call an audible, the CPU also calls an audible to the perfect counter play that I just audible to. I literally called 3 audibles in a row, the CPU countered it step for step.
I think CPU makes "guesses" to counter your audible. It's not that CPU is programmed to call audible with %100 accuracy imo. I know because sometimes they do make bad calls.

Also don't take me wrong, but can you provide a short video about that chase down you mention. Ive just had a 125 yard game with Gore and nobody seemed to chase me down. I find a big hole, nobody catches up to me except very speedy cornerbacks. I'm not saying your lying, I'm just curious. Btw I'm on default all pro sliders. speed treshold at 50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #526
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm going to probably try a few more games but I'm about to give up on playing on All-Madden against the CPU. Just played a game with CPU Accuracy at 0 and my coverage and reaction time at 100 and still got torched by Fitzpatrick and the Texans. It was definitely better but still annoying when comparing the pass accuracy and the coverage they're guys have with just base settings to mine.

I'm getting into a bad habit of constantly changing sliders nearly ever game. Just need to play some games consecutively without changing anything and see what happens. Loving how the game plays just got figure it out a little bit more.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #527
Banned

OVR: 20

So lemme get this straight: the right stick doesn't do anything at all anymore when engaged with a blocker? Defensive moves are mapped only to the buttons? Wow. That's .... incredibly dumb.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #528
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
So lemme get this straight: the right stick doesn't do anything at all anymore when engaged with a blocker? Defensive moves are mapped only to the buttons? Wow. That's .... incredibly dumb.
I was wondering this, I still use the stick for swim moves. Makes more sense to have that mapped to the stick, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »