Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #409
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I've played alot of games and still can't figure out why the complete makeover on the play calling screen? I keep calling fake PAT's etc.

Also, while I like the innovation of changing the camera on the fly, it should take 2 buttons to execute like LT or RT + D-pad. I keep accidentally changing it when I'm using last years hot routes etc.

So far the online games have been less fluid than last years, some have been downright unplayable. hopefully this will change because lag in sports games is a deal breaker. Madden needs to do more in penalizing people if there connection is lagging. I swear I think people load bit-torrents when they start losing in hopes you will disconnect to give them a win. VERY frustrating!!! I do everything to have a VERY fast connection to make online gaming enjoyable so when I connect to someone that makes the game run at 2 fps then I'm sorry I should get the option to quit and get the win.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I am not a 2k guy by ANY means, I'm a big Madden fan, so tear me apart on my post based on that knowledge. Also, I am enjoying the game and labbing extensively. Trying to hit a few unique points here is all.

I posted a few impressions already, but my very first impression of the game, the one that was important to me, was that they changed zoom camera, and I was not happy. Was it sacrificed because of presentation changes?

Gameplay is hard, I have no problem with that unless it continues to be hard to the point where it is not exciting. Everyone talks about how 'fast' the game is. I found it painfully slow and am currently playing on fast to compare. I will likely to back to 'normal' as that will be online play speed.

Tackling feels like it's controlled by the computer.

I liked the Madden 25 physics, but that is not to say I do not like many elements of 15 physics, especially animations.

Someone else was talking about unique quarterback styles. They are in attributes screen just like 25, but they are not showing up like they did so beautifully in 25, as I find most qb's throwing motion is the same. Was this sacrificed because of new player models?

There always seems to be two steps forward and one step back with the evolution of this game. Why is there always something good taken away?
This has been addressed by Rex already, they are aware that QB styles aren't working, it shouldn't be this way, and they are working to fix it as far as I know...
Old 08-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #411
Just started!

OVR: 0
Maybe it's just me, or if anyone has any tips for me, it would be great, but I am having a hard time making any sort of money in CFM. I like to rebuild teams, so I picked the Titans, and am always in the negative in team value, thus I am not able to resign any players come the offseason. And this was after an 8-8 year. Anyone know anything that could help me out or if they are having the same issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #412
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
This has been addressed by Rex already, they are aware that QB styles aren't working, it shouldn't be this way, and they are working to fix it as far as I know...
Thanks. Yes, if I had read a little more I would have seen it, as Rex responded directly to my post on the issue. Above I mentioned how great it is that they are listening to us...NOW.

It's nearly impossible for the game not to grow on you as it has grown on me each game. I'm watching M25 (even though I happen to like it) fade in the rear view mirror.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #413
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuelsman8
Maybe it's just me, or if anyone has any tips for me, it would be great, but I am having a hard time making any sort of money in CFM. I like to rebuild teams, so I picked the Titans, and am always in the negative in team value, thus I am not able to resign any players come the offseason. And this was after an 8-8 year. Anyone know anything that could help me out or if they are having the same issue?
Have you tried turning the salary cap off, re-signing players (obviously, not anyone that would push you over the cap) and then turning it off after? I don't know if this works but it might. I'm re-building the raiders, and I was at 18m cash and 42m cap space, so I picked up 18m worth of players, and waited til the end of preseason to pick the rest up and they didn't seem to damage the $ number in the top corner.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #414
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I think route based passing would really help the game more than this "inaccuracy system" they added this year, or if they added it on top of this inaccuracy system, it'd be awesome.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #415
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think route based passing would really help the game more than this "inaccuracy system" they added this year, or if they added it on top of this inaccuracy system, it'd be awesome.
Try leading your receivers more, especially down the field as opposed to just inside or outside. Has worked wonders for me, especially this version.

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-28-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #416
Banned

OVR: 1

First off I want to say I was not 100% sure about getting M15. I owned M13 and M10. there were things I enjoyed about both of those games and things that irritated the crap out of me.

After about 5 games in M15(4 CFM: Player games and 1 Play now vs my 14 year old son) I must say I am glad I picked it up. The graphics look great, running is fun. I did find during the Play now that I seemed to enjoy the game less...I dunno...seems like the same routine when in that mode because you lose the D camera...but I was having a blast with CFM Player. The fact that me being a 2nd string QB and actually getting playing time during the preseason is a huge step for me. Also seeing what other players and ratings before select your team was great. I enjoy the practices as well because they are really trying to teach you the ins and outs of why QBs do what they do and what your progressions should be. Very helpful.

The presentation in a normal game is great...but as always lacking the CFM-Player mode...I am sure it is something with the supersim...but they need to work that out. Imagine if presentation was the same for both modes...it would allow the Player to get more immersed than what they currently can with the limited presentation in Player CFM. Also the exclusion of GameFace for a 2nd year is disappointing but not a game stopper.

Overall Id say 8.4 out of 10

Thanks,
Rich

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »