Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #89
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
1-3-1 is for bums...i really wish 2k would address the off ball defense. I dislike the fact that 99% of online guys choose to play off ball because they cant stay in front of you. 2K should address the On-Ball defense so that it would encourage people to play on ball defense. Maybe even take away the option to play off ball would even be better.

You're not serious, right?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't play online, so I didn't realize the 1-3-1 zone was so overpowered, but I'm glad charges are getting addressed. I'm playing my association on PC and just shut the game off due to the lack of offensive fouls that gets called, even when you bump the slider to 100. The AI would initiate contact and despite me standing perfectly still, I still get called for the foul. From the sounds of it, you guys honestly took that "NBA 2k in real life" video to heart and are really trying to address the issues the game had. October can't come fast enough.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:50 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

1-2-2 zone as a replacement hmm..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
I am not sure if you including me, but I not a 2K nazi and I like people to play their way, it makes me better and sometimes makes me adjust to new things.

I just cannot stand someone who will not guard you at all. It's like, what am I playing online for? I want to play you and see your skills. Not the CPU, I play against them in MP Mode and association.

And what else I ask is to just not exploit the game. For example, in 2K11, I just asked to not Hopstep constantly and do spin dunks. You can shoot however many 3s, do as many crossovers, euros and etc. Because I just believe in playing basketball, not all them rules like sim leagues have.
Some people play on ball some people dont. It's a style choice. You can't tell someone not to hopstep or do spin dunks. Just stop them.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:32 AM   #93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
If you're on XBO, you can play me any way you want. I bet I'll blow you out. Go ahead and pick the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors etc. Won't matter. If you're not an onball defender, you're a scrub all around. I've played enough games to recognize the link between the two.
Who the hell cares lol and what if you lose, then what? Some of you get so serious about this crap. Damn 2knazis
Old 08-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #94
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I play off ball
Old 08-28-2014, 09:08 AM   #95
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Some people play on ball some people dont. It's a style choice. You can't tell someone not to hopstep or do spin dunks. Just stop them.

Technically, I don't. That's why I enjoyed the HOF Lobbies because first of all, most were good legit players because there was no record or anything to cheat for. And I could just quit out the game if I wanted to if someone was spin dunking and hop stepping every possession.

In 2K11 it was an exploit. An automatic spin dunk that you couldn't stop isn't fun at all. First they would go to the post and if they did that you would have to just jump in the air, reach, or call a double team. Some were so good they did it without the post which was really the most unstoppable.

The Hopstep wasn't so bad outside of crew, but simply isn't basketball doing the same two things over and over down the court that has the same highly successful result. You say just stop them, and I guarantee that you wouldn't stop a experienced user at doing this.

I don't know you, but I am pretty sure you can't beat me in ANY 2K game and definitely not in 2K11. So, you're not talking to a scrub at all. Those two things were the only problems to me w/ 2K11 and an experienced user would kill you more times than not especially w/ the spin dunk.

I could beat offball players any day, but to me, it's boring, I want to play online, meaning play against a human user. Not just play defense against one. It's weak, and if that's how you play, I feel you play weak. At least try to play D instead of just sitting on one guy sitting there. But if that's how you play, cool. I personally believe people that do play offball most of the game know their onball defense and stick skills are not good. And I can respect that.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 08-28-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #96
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

I've always found that the CPU defenders don't play very good on-ball defense anyway. I usually play on-ball, and I'm always ready to quickly switch to a big whenever I see a pick and roll coming. Not only is it more effective (for me at least), but it's a lot more fun and engaging than just standing around away from the ball.

That being said, it would be ludicrous to force people to play one way or the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »