Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #97
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

Funny how people play hot potatoe defense and quickly run away from offensive players that have the ball. Lazy gamers wanting CPU to do all the work then come onto forums and complain when CPU sucks on defense

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #98
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

I only play on ball if I'm actually playing someone next to me. Online with the slight delay in lag and you expect me to stay in front of the guy? Yeah no...I'm playing center through and through....besides it's my game and I play it the way I want to.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #99
Banned

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

That's a cool excuse. But, it's not impossible to play onball online, try it and learn how to adapt to it. But like you said, it's your game, keep letting the CPU do your work.

Wonder if guys would play offball offense as well if they had the chance lol.

Last edited by KobeBean8; 08-28-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #100
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
That's a cool excuse. But, it's not impossible to play onball online, try it and learn how to adapt to it. But like you said, it's your game, keep letting the CPU do your work. Wonder if guys would play offball offense as well if they had the chance lol.
I do not play online. I usually play on-ball defense offline. However, there are also times where I wish to play other defensive positions as well. For instance, when using a self-created 2004 Pistons, I often found joy in controlling Ben Wallace and concentrating on hedging screens, boxing out, rebounding, and contesting. That said, even when controlling Wallace, I'll still bounce back and forth between onball and off. I sort of do whatever I feel may be most enjoyable in the moment, which I guess is one of the perks of playing offline.

Then again, even when playing against my brother offline (in the same house), he has a certain love for attempting to turbo from one end of the court to the other with a point guard while spamming dribble stick moves. I often feel my help defense cannot recover well enough in time. So in that case, I'll also switch to offball, especially when he so adamantly refuses to use his teammates.

From the sound and looks of it, online NBA 2K competition and offline solo play or fun with friends & family is just two completely different worlds. I care very little about how my video game abilities are perceived and the folks I play 2K with on my couch are usually pretty agreeable regarding our styles of play. If one person begins doing something lame, it usually takes a comment of, "Dude..." and then it rights itself.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #101
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Sorry to say I only half sympathize with online lovers.

Play with friends and people you know. ... otherwise you're going to be complaining forever. .... and I could care less playing with someone telling me how I should be strategizing my own side.

It's not 2ks fault. They can fix as much as they want. If someone wants to cheat then they'll find s way. This goes for 2k call of duty or whatever. They'll find another exploit and it's a never ending cycle with online players.

People hated the 131 and now people are complaining about why they removed it and how it was a cop out.

Sometimes the Internet gets ridiculous. .. the line between reality and what's in the mind of 1000 random onliners is far apart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #102
Banned

Appreciate the good post, VDusen04. I honestly don't care if people play offball, it's just something that's annoying. I play offline and online, but the way I play offline is the same I play online.

I think it's cool people control their defense different ways and it makes it more enjoyable for me to figure out how to crack their defense. But, someone who just sits on the big man, but then you give your big man the ball and they switch off to let their CPU play D 100% is just weak to me.

Like I keep saying, I thought you play someone else to test your skills against them and to see who's better? If I wanted to go up against the CPU, I would play association and MP Mode. I want to see how your stick skills are. I mean, that's what I thought the purpose of playing online was honestly.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #103
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Off ball defense is fairly easy to beat. Call for a screen or try to get the guy the user is guarding in motion . Usually he's playing offball for help defense . Drive and kick . Sometimes you can catch him sleeping and throw the oop. Use the fake pass and pump fake . I'm guessing they're controlling a big ? He just wants a big time block so fake him into it . Make them believe you're giving them that and kick out ... To their matchup. You will really hurt them if you have a Big who shoot . Might have to go to a smaller lineup and play 4 out 1 in
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #104
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
Umm...I think we know what type of defensive scheme you use. LoL...1-3-1 w/ 0% on-ball D. Probably play with Detroit or Clippers. Spam steal every chance you get. I feel pretty confident in saying that too.
The heck?

I'm 80+% on ball, maybe touched 1-3-1 once in 2k12, don't spam steal, love the anti spam put in, hate the Clippers and exclusively use GSW. Because I'm a diehard fan and is why I know about their off ball help schemes.

I mean just look at my avatar. No one with that avatar could use the Clippers and not be ashamed.

You literally could not be more wrong on every single point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »