Home

NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #81
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

hmmmm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Eliminated

I like that they're removing the 1-3-1. I hope 2k improves on the defensive end this year. Help D, On ball D and transition D all need some work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What was the charge cheese ?
Since 2k put in the charge button years ago, people would just stand half court or full court and wait for you to run into them.

Its lame and rarely worked but people insisted on doing it.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #84
Banned

Re: NBA 2K15: Tweet From Scott O'Gallagher Claims 1-3-1 and Charge Cheese Elminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
What’s good SimNation?!

I apologize for not posting in here earlier. Anyway… let’s talk about the removal of the 1-3-1 cheddar! As many of you have posted in here, it’s not a defense that NBA teams play. This wasn’t even a hard decision, to be honest. We knew it had to be taken out. I’ve been fortunate enough to speak with over half of the coaches in the league and they have all communicated the same message, “Nobody in league plays a straight 1-3-1.” This includes Doc Rivers, who we spoke with last week. Let us understand that the 1-3-1 that was in 2k14 was the same scheme that you would see in college hoops. I could go on and on for why teams don’t use it.

I’m big into ranked matches; anyone who’s played online knows that whenever your opponent got in trouble, he would go right to that cheddar zone! There’s obviously other reasons why that zone was so effective, though we will break down those improvements later. I’m very pleased to see the responses thus far for removing it.

“X’s and O’s”
I think what may confuse some is when you see that initial 1-3-1 look as the PG is bringing up the ball. I’ve seen it in the NBA as well. This is just a “junk look” until the first pass. For example, a team like Dallas may show a 1-3-1 until the first pass, then they will drop into a 2-3/3-2 or a match up 2-3. You will hear Carlisle yell “13 to 23”…that’s all it means.

OG

This post explains it and it was good to get Doc Rivers to set the record straight as well. Now I get it much better than some guy just yelling "cheese" as an explanation
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
1-3-1 is for bums...i really wish 2k would address the off ball defense. I dislike the fact that 99% of online guys choose to play off ball because they cant stay in front of you. 2K should address the On-Ball defense so that it would encourage people to play on ball defense. Maybe even take away the option to play off ball would even be better.

This makes no sense. You can't force people to play on ball just because you want them too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
You sound ridiculous right now.
They're absolutely ridiculous. I can't play this game with 2knazis like this who want you to play the game how they want or ekse you're a bum. Gtfoh
Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
They're absolutely ridiculous. I can't play this game with 2knazis like this who want you to play the game how they want or ekse you're a bum. Gtfoh
If you're on XBO, you can play me any way you want. I bet I'll blow you out. Go ahead and pick the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors etc. Won't matter. If you're not an onball defender, you're a scrub all around. I've played enough games to recognize the link between the two.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:54 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST

I am not sure if you including me, but I not a 2K nazi and I like people to play their way, it makes me better and sometimes makes me adjust to new things.

I just cannot stand someone who will not guard you at all. It's like, what am I playing online for? I want to play you and see your skills. Not the CPU, I play against them in MP Mode and association.

And what else I ask is to just not exploit the game. For example, in 2K11, I just asked to not Hopstep constantly and do spin dunks. You can shoot however many 3s, do as many crossovers, euros and etc. Because I just believe in playing basketball, not all them rules like sim leagues have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »