Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2014, 04:47 PM   #345
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

What does coach mode look like for the ps4? Does the new tackling dynamic involve a noticeable change?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #346
Rookie

baseballboy13's Arena

OVR: 0
I have the PS4 version of Madden 15 and honestly it's a lot better then Madden 25. The presentation is a lot better this year with the halftime show and what I guess you could call a pre-game show. Defense is actually fun to play this year. You can make sacks a lot easier. The only thing I don't like about this game are the commentators. They say the same thing every year and it gets old real quick. I wish they would bring back Chris Collinsworth. The sidelines actually look good this year as well. All in all, I think this is definitely an improvement from Madden 25. Honestly, I think this is one of the best Madden games from EA.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #347
Pro

OVR: 1
Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

I'm really enjoying Madden this year. I guess my only complaint so far, that I haven't really seen anyone talk about, is Jim Harbaugh's face....yikes....all of the coaches look fantastic this year, but Jim Harbaugh looks like a bad Dick Tracy villain. His face scan was actually better last year. Please forgive the fact this was taken with my cell:

I really liked this early promo pic, but the real game doesn't quite look as good:

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 08-27-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #348
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

i hope EA fixes the time limit you get to pick your defensive play, its too fast and i feel like im being rushed .

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #349
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Jhey, the graphics do not suck on night games. Look beautiful on my tv day or night games. Lighting is better in day but nowhere near crappy graphics at night. Idk where that rumor started.
Just finished up my first night game and I have to agree. The graphics still look great. It is a little bit dark but nothing like what I was expecting.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #350
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Ok. So, after another Seahawk game, going back to All Pro and sim sliders; much better result. Lost 28-26, but I'm cool with that. A couple mistakes by me where they jumped the route and had a pick 6, (so if I didn't do that I would've won). But overall much better. The only thing I gotta say NEEDS to be fixed is the CPU screen coverage. NO WAY should the CPU ALWAYS stick on my screen receiver like glue with 3 blockers minimum leading the way. One time I had a LOSS for 9 yards because I was hit immediately and the animation knocked me back 10 yards before they tackled me. That shouldn't happen on screen plays. Seriously, 90% of the screens I've called, either I get stopped immediately because the guys on me from the start, or my 3 blockers rush upfield for blocks but dont get the immediate threats and let them through (again, almost immediately). So, ranting over... I'm cool with it. Maybe the first game I had, legacy issues were to blame.
Have to disagree 100% here.
Using the Steelers,I have been able to hit Bell on 50+ yard screens...sure I've had some blown up,but that's to be expected.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #351
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588

CONS:

-QB accuracy. I'll probably turn this slider down a bit more when I get home (had it on 45 from game 1) but, like the pass blocking, I'm concerned this issue doesn't have as much to do with that slider as just general flawed CPU QB logic. In each game so far, CPU QBs have finished with completion percentages between 75-85. I'm seeing stat lines like 14/17 132 yds 0 TD 1 INT 9 sacks. High completion percentage but low point production because they're playing super conservatively. It seems like there are only 2 likely scenarios when a CPU QB drops back: 1. Throw the ball 0-5 yards down the field to what looks like an open checkdown guy. 2. Nobody open? Take a sack. I've only had 2 INTs and both were on really short routes (like 3-yard hitches, I think) that my DBs just jumped in front of.

Cutler was a slight exception. He did have a pretty high completion percentage (18/24) and he did throw almost exclusively short passes but, he did get some good YAC production out of Alshon and he completed the only real downfield shot anyone's tried against me yet (a streak to Josh Morgan). He ended up with like 270 yards, 2 TDs and a win.

My take on the situation is this: The problems I'm seeing won't necessarily be solved in a realistic fashion by lowering QB accuracy or upping their pass blocking. Completion percentages are so high partly because QBs are RARELY throwing the ball to anyone who isn't within 10 yards of the LOS. Also, they're taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away/throwing a rushed, inaccurate pass. Any QB can go 14/17 for 115 yards if he's just going to throw hitches, drags, passes to the flats and take sacks all day.

If the CPU would start throwing the ball instead of just taking sacks, in addition to taking more shots down the field, I'd see lower completion percentages and higher production out of the elite QBs who can hit those deep throws. As it is now, I really haven't noticed much difference at all between the QBs I've played against (Cutler, Tannehill, Rivers, Fitzpatrick). The main differences have been made by the skill players around these guys. Forte and Foster ran the ball well and helped sustain drives for their teams. Alshon Jeffery and Mike Wallace got some YAC for their QBs. Aside from that, it was all short passes and sacks for everybody.

This is spot on. I posted something similar to this in my own impressions. There is not a QB Accuracy issue. It's a QB AI issue. The majority of passes completed by the CPU are in the 4-7 yard range and mainly flat passes so I don't think a slider adjustment will fix the issue. Additionally, I've seen the CPU throw the ball downfield(20 yards or more) maybe 4 or 5 times in 10 games.

I hope it's able to be addressed in a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #352
Pro

OVR: 12

I have played 5 games at this point and the short version of my impression would be that taking basically 5 years off from Madden has been both wonderful and horrible...

Wonderful in the fact that everything is new to me. The game looks incredible. Coming from original xbox gameplay to this is mindblowing.

On the other hand, I can't play for poop. I am horrible at it, which makes it fun. I got blown out by the Cowboys 58-20. Having a very hard time with offense, defense, playcalling etc.

Just a fun football game.....The devs really have done a nice job with gameplay. Sure there are somethings that need to be addressed, but this really is a step in the right direction.

Kudos to the Madden team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »