Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #209
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20
I think this will be great for players online if it is available. It will help during slightly laggy gameplay.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #210
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I wouldn't even call this a new feature as much as I would call it refinement of something already in place. Honestly hearing how much defensive influence plays a role in the shot meter makes me feel a bit better as I had no idea what the logic was before.

LD2K has hinted on some defensive changes though..hopefully we hear something soon.
From what I have seen the help defense looks much better and much more realistic. I would also say things in the paint appear much better in that latest Gamescom video.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #211
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

My best guess is that the meter will work perfect and then the scripting kicks in and you miss every shot no matter how well you are at using the meter.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #212
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
My best guess is that the meter will work perfect and then the scripting kicks in and you miss every shot no matter how well you are at using the meter.
The meter is not to replace actually shot releases so you really aren't "using " it. You aren't looking at players feet every time you shoot. Gotta learn the proper releases regardless

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #213
Rookie

OVR: 13

Not sure if anyone's already mentioned it or not, but one thing I wish they would fix like this are the Freethrows. I don't care how well someone knows Dwight Howard's release, there's no way you should make every FT because of that. What they're doing for the jumpshots would make even more sense for the FTs IMO, and that's across the board.

Even Ray Allen will miss from time to time, so just because you get the release down pat shouldn't make it an automatic bucket each time, it should just give you the best chance to make the FT.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #214
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned it or not, but one thing I wish they would fix like this are the Freethrows. I don't care how well someone knows Dwight Howard's release, there's no way you should make every FT because of that. .
It's tougher this year. I'll let Dev. speak to it, but from my experience, it's tougher to hit free throws (in a good way) this year.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Old 08-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #215
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It's tougher this year. I'll let Dev. speak to it, but from my experience, it's tougher to hit free throws (in a good way) this year.
Good ish ld. Yall really trying to make me put down 2k11 with 15. Nothing worse than watching deandre jordan and drummond shot 80 plus from the line every game. Look forward to fouling these dudes everytime they try to score. Ha.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #216
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned it or not, but one thing I wish they would fix like this are the Freethrows. I don't care how well someone knows Dwight Howard's release, there's no way you should make every FT because of that. What they're doing for the jumpshots would make even more sense for the FTs IMO, and that's across the board.

Even Ray Allen will miss from time to time, so just because you get the release down pat shouldn't make it an automatic bucket each time, it should just give you the best chance to make the FT.

Also CPU makes too many FTs. They all shoot above their real life averages. Howard is like 65% or something and all the good guards are like 90+.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »