Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
There are a few talking points regarding plays that hopefully you guys will appreciate and enjoy.
I just hope there are some triangle offense plays in the game. I think 2k14 only had like 3 or 4 to my knowledge?

also, the lack of 3pt and mid range plays for power forward and centers really bothered me. I would also like to see plays in which a pf could initiate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #186
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
That would be annoying. How does one time a layup release? Wouldn't it be a the same for each player?

What next, a dunk release? Lol. Certain things should be left alone
I could see incorporating this into layups being problematic in many ways but I would actually like to see the meter applied to floaters, and for the control scheme to incorporate floaters as a shot that can be achieved on command.

There are too many other animations that can result when trying to execute a floater in the 2K14 control scheme.... I would like there to be a specific button/analog combination that always results in a floater(standing or while moving) within a certain perimeter in and around the paint... right now it seems to only occur within the paint and randomly outside the paint from the sides.

Floaters are a big weapon in basketball... perfecting it's control would add an additional dynamic to offense.

Last edited by eko718; 08-17-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #187
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I could see incorporating this into layups being problematic in many ways but I would actually like to see the meter applied to floaters, and for the control scheme to incorporate floaters as a shot that can be achieved on command.

There are too many other animations that can result when trying to execute a floater in the 2K14 control scheme.... I would like there to be a specific button/analog combination that always results in a floater(standing or while moving) within a certain perimeter in and around the paint... right now it seems to only occur within the paint and randomly outside the paint from the sides.
I agree on the button thing, it's never clear which floater activates. From my knowledge there are two floaters, a running one, and a pull up type floater. 90 percent of the time I get the pull-up one
Old 08-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #188
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
There are a few talking points regarding plays that hopefully you guys will appreciate and enjoy.
Thanks. Hopefully things have been fixed with the play calling. I was a beast such as yourself in 2k11 (online) due to the ability to run plays without them breaking on me. You could really tell the skill disparity in that game. Everything has been down hill ever since with the play calling. Looking forward to these points.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #189
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
I personally don't like the idea that if someone has a bad release on a shot, it can't go in. There still should be a small percentage chance that those shots go in. It's impossible to believe that a basketball player in real life couldn't make a shot if he didn't get his perfect release. Lucky bounces and crazy shots happen, even if it's a once in a blue moon chance, there should be at least some chance that the shot goes in with a bad release.

For example, if someone gets a shot off with .4 seconds on the clock, did they get their "perfect" release or even a food one? Probably not, but does that mean the shot doesn't have a chance?
Bad release shots can still go in. Just at a much reduced rate depending on the level your playing on.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #190
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I hope we get a demo, so we can get a feel for the game, so many improvements were made this year
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #191
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Damn I feel like pookie from new jack waiting on this game !

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #192
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I just don't want a perfectly timed release leading to unrealistic shooting. Poor shooters making too many shots.

Also, guys who are accustomed to taking and making tough shots should have a higher chance of making a mistimed release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »