Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #169
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

I understant that nba2k is a franchise that have a lot of users/fans that play the game like it was nba jam, and as maximum they set a p&r to get to the rim. The casual and not-so-casual players/youtubers - it is a fact, you can see it in their videos - that play that way have their right to do it. BUT the ones who wanna play like real basketball executing plays and sets to actually be able to score, the ones who want to play defense making manual D helps and trying to read the offense of the opponent as he plays real basketball, that ones have also "their right" to play the game like it was a real basketball match.

SO, if 2K wanna catter casual and non-casual-but-not-sim-players, and they also wanna take into account the sim ones, why not give two modes in the same game? In a more explicit way than nowadays at least. The first one, 'ala' nba jam, wihtout having to execute plays and only isolating or doing one simple p&r; the second one, executing plays from the simplest to the most complex.

Anyway... the shot meter seems to be pretty interesting, =)

Last edited by silverskier; 08-16-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #170
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I think people are saying that you shouldnt be able to make a player shoot better than he can in real life no matter how good your skills are.

At least that was my point.
I think that's unrealistic and user skill should play a role in those abnormal games from role player or great scorers. A role player can have those games where they look like the best player on the floor and great scorers can have games where they struggling. I understand the point you're making and I agree with it in terms of riding 2k of "2k players", like jr smith. But getting rid of the possibility for a player to go off or struggle isn't the answer to me.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #171
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Zigzag? The heck's that?
I was wondering the exact same thing. Im an offline player so I assume its a reference to something online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
But it's coming???

As an option for layups next year maybe??

*prays* lol

But really...if you added this on layups this would help define skill vs luck
That would be annoying. How does one time a layup release? Wouldn't it be a the same for each player?

What next, a dunk release? Lol. Certain things should be left alone
Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #173
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I think that's unrealistic and user skill should play a role in those abnormal games from role player or great scorers. A role player can have those games where they look like the best player on the floor and great scorers can have games where they struggling. I understand the point you're making and I agree with it in terms of riding 2k of "2k players", like jr smith. But getting rid of the possibility for a player to go off or struggle isn't the answer to me.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I have no problem with a role player getting hot and getting a ratings boost when he gets hot. My point was you shouldnt go from being a 70 three point shooter to a 75 three point shooter simply because a person has mastered the shot release. Because, that shooter would always become a 75 shooter hot or not and the ratings would be irrelevant at that point.. My bad if I wasnt clear.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lots of info, thanks!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #175
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I have no problem with a role player getting hot and getting a ratings boost when he gets hot. My point was you shouldnt go from being a 70 three point shooter to a 75 three point shooter simply because a person has mastered the shot release. Because, that shooter would always become a 75 shooter hot or not and the ratings would be irrelevant at that point.. My bad if I wasnt clear.
I see your point now. My bad fam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #176
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I think Mike generalized the word probably and means most likely. I do that all the time as well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »