Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #201
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

What I love most about this system is the fact that, I don't think people that are used to running offense for good looks will have to change much. Its just the people that jack shots and get bailed out by sig skills that will have to adjust the most.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
First of all, that build is very old code. Second, there's no bad shot on Pro Default settings.

Really, I understand the concern... but I guarantee everything will be fine in the final product. But I also wouldn't advise any veteran 2K gamer to play on Pro Default. A lot of realism goes out the window on default settings.
can we get hall of fame and superstar on simulation by default?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #203
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
can we get hall of fame and superstar on simulation by default?

Can't you just change it in like 2 seconds manually?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #204
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Can't you just change it in like 2 seconds manually?
He is talking about online

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #205
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The meter is active for all manually releasable shots, including post jumpers. But not layups. My shots engineer and I experimented with it and decided the world is not ready for that.
Ironically tho, you guys had it in NBA 2k6 or 2k7. I use to drive to the hole and hold the ball almost until I touched the ground and let it go, and it goes in. Something similar to change shot feature in place now. The only difference was you could let it go where and when precisely you wanted to, especially if you got good with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #206
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12
When will defense become a focal point? Every year we get new features that are solely based upon offense and it's become pretty annoying at this point. The defender is always at a disadvantage in basketball games and they always seem to cater to the offensive player more often than not, what gives?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #207
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
When will defense become a focal point? Every year we get new features that are solely based upon offense and it's become pretty annoying at this point. The defender is always at a disadvantage in basketball games and they always seem to cater to the offensive player more often than not, what gives?

I wouldn't even call this a new feature as much as I would call it refinement of something already in place. Honestly hearing how much defensive influence plays a role in the shot meter makes me feel a bit better as I had no idea what the logic was before.

LD2K has hinted on some defensive changes though..hopefully we hear something soon.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #208
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
I've played defensive center MyPlayer ever since this mode was introduced and I agree with you wholeheartedly. The only time I felt defensively dominant at the center was 2k11. Most high flyers back then would back off because I would block there dunk attempts.

My role was just that a defensive force in the middle! I had ball hogging teammates and I didn't mind that I rarely scored. I would grab rebounds and turn away shots! It felt awesome....the newer 2k's I can still play as "defensive" center but I end up scoring more and getting less bocks/rebounds. MyPlayer is lvl 99 and he's more of a scorer than a defensive force in the middle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »