Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #193
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I just don't want a perfectly timed release leading to unrealistic shooting. Poor shooters making too many shots.

Also, guys who are accustomed to taking and making tough shots should have a higher chance of making a mistimed release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have to cosign this. In this video at 5:15, Leonard hits a highly contested 3pt shot all net because the meter turned green. By what we were told by MW, this shot is considered "BAD" and shouldn't have been made so easy.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #194
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
i have to cosign this. In this video at 5:15, Leonard hits a highly contested 3pt shot all net because the meter turned green. By what we were told by MW, this shot is considered "BAD" and shouldn't have been made so easy.

First of all, that build is very old code. Second, there's no bad shot on Pro Default settings.

Really, I understand the concern... but I guarantee everything will be fine in the final product. But I also wouldn't advise any veteran 2K gamer to play on Pro Default. A lot of realism goes out the window on default settings.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #195
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
First of all, that build is very old code. Second, there's no bad shot on Pro Default settings.

Really, I understand the concern... but I guarantee everything will be fine in the final product. But I also wouldn't advise any veteran 2K gamer to play on Pro Default. A lot of realism goes out the window on default settings.

I felt that this might be the case, but it's great to get confirmation. It seems like every type of player will be able to get the kind of game that they're looking for.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #196
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
[/size]

I felt that this might be the case, but it's great to get confirmation. It seems like every type of player will be able to get the kind of game that they're looking for.
Yeah i want to avoid that error that was made with NBA elite auto make hookshots.

Anyways I want the demo so we all can get a feel for this new mechanic

Old 08-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #197
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

And sometimes bad shots go in and good ones miss. I am content with the shot meter explantion and look forward to hearing about the defensive side of the ball. Thanks again for clearing things up.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #198
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Cool yep that is what I thought the game is on pro -default. The timing window for release is easier. I have watched enough of these videos to see how it is implemented.

From what I seen from the Gamescom's videos it appears to work exactly how you said

The meter in 2K14 had 4 or 5 bars I forgot at the moment. The more bars you had as you moved along the court the better you could shoot from the given areas. In 2k15 what you guys did is add a meter with a thin line that is the perfect release point line as well as a timing arcs as soon as you get the ball. The arc gets bigger or smaller depending on where you are on the court. The bars of 14 have been replaced with arcs in 15. The better you can shoot the wider your timing arc or the less you are penalized.

Examples I have seen:

• Wade has a small timing arc from center midrange and three left wing. Areas where he shot below average compared to league

• Danny Green put the ball on the floor and has a smaller left corner timing arc from three
  • Tony Parker has a wide timing arc left baseline that lines up with a hot spot he shot like 48% from.

You can also see the arc getting bigger and smaller just like the bars as you move along the court. I see no problem with this. Sounds like Mike and his engineers tuned this thing right.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #199
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

One thing I must say, it looks like I will finally be rewarded for learning my team. My time in practice mode will be well spent

Looks like "brick city " online for the people that play like idiots if this works

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-17-2014 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #200
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I've never seen this vid....the crowd looks good but I hope they finally got rid of the cabbage patch dance.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »