Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #89
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

you can turn it off man...
Old 08-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #90
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
The main problem I've had with shooting from a defensive point of view is that basically there are those spots on the floor that always go in and good players just get to those spots with any player and it's a bucket even on HOF sim sliders assuming a shot contest was not directly in front of the shooter. You get to where you just guard the spot and not the man.

The other thing that appears to be true - and may not be -is it feels that you have a higher chance of hitting a shot after a stick move to escape than a normal set shot.

And then if you put that into a quick match situation where they flat out run around to get to them and it has no affect on the shot, it seems odd that the success rate, currently is just as high.

I've been literally torched by Durant from three with an absolute obscene number of threes before.

All of this sounds good and all (especially the fatigue part which will probably lead to double and triple timeouts in a row lol), but I think a lot of it will be determined by the shot release a player is assigned. I've felt some teams and players have been "handicapped" with tougher releases where other teams (New York) get the benefit of easier releases.

I could hit threes all game with Orlando Johnson just because he was easier to shoot with the release he was given and I think that's what some of the posters above were eluding too.

The shot release given to a player might still play the biggest factor.
I was just thinking all this especially the bold . Players like Jr Smith are better than Joe Johnson in this game b/c of release , speed , athleticism . Same with Amare, Blake compared to Love and Duncan

On another note I seem to have better games with feedback off in 14
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 08-16-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #91
Rookie

L_Diddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Shot Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
[/b]

I always come across a ****** gamer that will try and exploit the game by running I so with PG or Durant or D Rose and try to go off with that one player. Not say that those players don't have the ability to go off, but I don't know...maybe the chemistry should play abfactor in the game.

Like for example, if you start chucking up shots with Durant, the AI Westbrook won't pass you the ball for a few plays or AI Ibaka & Perkins will stop hustling for rebounds the less touches they get.

I don't know...I'm just making up stuff as I go along, all I know is that we can't enable ******s to play wreckless and then reward them on top of it.
Some pretty good ideas there actually. I dont play online so its not something that really applies to me. But even if im playing offline sometimes i can get carried away when im playing with melo and kd. That could be something that stop me from trying to spam them to much when i shouldnt be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #92
Just started!

Re: New Shot Meter

lol i thought it has always been this way. no wonder why on 2k14 next gen if you have a very late release u can still make it. i swear they said that shot meter was in back in 2k13 and 2k12
Old 08-16-2014, 01:43 AM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I was just thinking all this especially the bold . Players like Jr Smith are better than Joe Johnson in this game b/c of release , speed , athleticism . Same with Amare, Blake compared to Love and Duncan

On another note I seem to have better games with feedback off in 14
jr smith is easier to play with he's not better than joe johnson if you know hot to use him imo

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Old 08-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #94
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
this is all i could think of

More of a pump shot on the move when someone is trying to block your shot.. that's def. not it though.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
you can turn it off man...
shouldn't be added in the first place... This shot meter stuff just started in NBA 2k14 before that people just shot and learned the releases of players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #96
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
jr smith is easier to play with he's not better than joe johnson if you know hot to use him imo
Should've clarified what I'm saying . I prefer to use Joe. I mean playing online it's easier to get torched by Jr Smith. He's faster , shot is much quicker , has stronger dunk animations . Meanwhile Joe Is slower and has a much slower release . Tends to layup more than dunk in traffic.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »