Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #81
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
sort of yeah
this is all i could think of

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 11:43 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New Shot Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
There's no controller window that would allow those guys to make those kinds of shots with any consistency.
I hope this means no more size ups and crossovers too...

Too many times in 2k14 players like Kendrick Perkins would have the ball setting up for a play but as he moves he does an auto step back because step back is tied to moving back your player...

I could never understand why everybody had the same step back dribble using the left stick. It makes bigs dribble the same as guards...

This meter seems you guys are working on these little sim things to eliminate cheese. Glad to here they have no window to make shots they can't...

No more game winner jumpers by role players just by having a perfect/near perfect release
Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 2

Me being someone who likes to see guys play like their counterparts, I have a question I'd like to ask that hasn't been brought up yet.

Can big time scorers like Melo, Durant, Curry, Kobe have a lower shot fatigue than others? Like as a knick fan, I noticed that Carmelo can keep up the barrage of scoring without getting tired til late in the game. I'm sure like all great scorers, when they're on a roll, that the basket gets as big as an ocean to them. Will we as players be able to tell the difference between a Tobias Harris having a "Good Shooting night" compared to Melo and curry and Durant sustaining longer periods where there shooting isn't affected nearly as bad as the average player?

Or will will you guys just throw some sort of "Badge" like you did last year?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #84
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i would guess its a rating for shot fatigue influence or a bade
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
We did not implement the meter for FTs. Technical difficulties. I would like to re-visit that next year.

Yes, fatigue impacts the meter.
I do think a visual representation of fatigue affecting your shot is very welcome. NBA players often talk about losing a bit of their legs late in game, sometimes after focusing on defense, and it'd be nice to see it represented. I still often forget I'm missing shots because I'm tired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 AM   #86
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

The main problem I've had with shooting from a defensive point of view is that basically there are those spots on the floor that always go in and good players just get to those spots with any player and it's a bucket even on HOF sim sliders assuming a shot contest was not directly in front of the shooter. You get to where you just guard the spot and not the man.

And then if you put that into a quick match situation where they flat out run around to get to them and it has no affect on the shot, it seems odd that the success rate, currently is just as high.

I've been literally torched by Durant from three with an absolute obscene number of threes before.

The other thing that appears to be true - and may not be - is it feels that you have a higher chance of hitting a shot after a stick move to escape than a normal set shot.

All of this sounds good and all (especially the fatigue part which will probably lead to double and triple timeouts in a row lol), but I think a lot of it will be determined by the shot release a player is assigned. I've felt some teams and players have been "handicapped" with tougher releases where other teams (New York) get the benefit of easier releases.

I could hit threes all game with Orlando Johnson just because he was easier to shoot with the release he was given and I think that's what some of the posters above were eluding too.

The shot release given to a player might still play the biggest factor.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 08-16-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I do think a visual representation of fatigue affecting your shot is very welcome. NBA players often talk about losing a bit of their legs late in game, sometimes after focusing on defense, and it'd be nice to see it represented. I still often forget I'm missing shots because I'm tired.

I always come across a casual gamer that will try and exploit the game by running I so with PG or Durant or D Rose and try to go off with that one player. Not say that those players don't have the ability to go off, but I don't know...maybe the chemistry should play abfactor in the game.

Like for example, if you start chucking up shots with Durant, the AI Westbrook won't pass you the ball for a few plays or AI Ibaka & Perkins will stop hustling for rebounds the less touches they get.

I don't know...I'm just making up stuff as I go along, all I know is that we can't enable casuals to play wreckless and then reward them on top of it.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0
there is no reason for a shot meter this is next gen we should be able to learn the players shots through trial and error... and if you are going to incorporate a shot meter, only use it in tutorial. imo
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »