Home

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

This is a discussion on CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 02:20 PM   #241
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Just announce the demo situation early.

Why dodge the topic all this time? We can handle the news like adults. I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #242
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballDetails
Just announce the demo situation early.

Why dodge the topic all this time? We can handle the news like adults. I think.
Might want to reread the first post in the thread again.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #243
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I appreciate that and I know you aren't trying to argue but do you realize how little sense your statement makes?

If you are admitting that you realize the demo is never as good as the final build how have you decided to not buy based on something that you admit might not be as good as the actual game?
If you put it like that it does sound dumb. Honestly though, they're hardly ever significantly different. The game is generally a tad more polished, but every demo has been beyond a fair representation of the final game. There's not been one Madden demo that was ever a different experience. They've all had the same gameplay. The game just has a layer of polish to fix bugs really. They have always played the same though.

But I'm out of this conversation. I've said my piece and am going in enough circles I'm confusing myself haha. I guess I'm just upset there is no demo, and thought I had a point in my head. I'll blame the lack of sleep.

― Plato
Old 08-12-2014, 03:12 PM   #244
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

The absentia of a demo is a feasible heartbreaker but should not be a dealbreaker.

It inconveniences you but early access of the retail version or a rental purchase is a better barometer for analysis.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #245
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
NHL is one of those games where it could entice a fringe hockey fan to get the game. Madden, most of their sales were people that were gonna buy it regardless. Hockey itself doesn't have as big of a hardcore fanbase, so any tool to help bring in the fringe fan would still be used. I don't think its because of EA Access, but because a demo simply wouldn't add sales to Madden.

That's my opinion anyway, someone else might think I am talking out of my ***, but it makes a bit of sense from a business standpoint to me anyway.
In video games you are correct the NHL series doesn't have nearly the popularity that Madden does. But Hockey itself has a very hardcore fan base both in the US and Canada as well as 73 countries around the world.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #246
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
In video games you are correct the NHL series doesn't have nearly the popularity that Madden does. But Hockey itself has a very hardcore fan base both in the US and Canada as well as 73 countries around the world.

Hockey probably has the most hardcore fanbase of any sport, imo.

It actually can get kind of annoying it's so intense.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #247
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
In my opinion the final build was always better than the demo, so I always used the demos to make my decision with NCAA or Madden and skipped a few years of each game thanks to the demos. However, I understand where you are coming from and in no way am I trying to argue you are wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If you put it like that it does sound dumb. Honestly though, they're hardly ever significantly different. The game is generally a tad more polished, but every demo has been beyond a fair representation of the final game. There's not been one Madden demo that was ever a different experience. They've all had the same gameplay. The game just has a layer of polish to fix bugs really. They have always played the same though.

But I'm out of this conversation. I've said my piece and am going in enough circles I'm confusing myself haha. I guess I'm just upset there is no demo, and thought I had a point in my head. I'll blame the lack of sleep.
Nah don't sell your point short Canes, I took that first post to mean that in your experience, if you don't find anything worthwhile in the demo, it's not likely that an improved version of what's there in the retail will be worth a buy but on the contrary if you do find promising elements in the demo, they're likely to be more prominent and polished in the retail version, warranting a buy. That point is logical, imo.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-12-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #248
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Hockey probably has the most hardcore fanbase of any sport, imo.

It actually can get kind of annoying it's so intense.
I agree. I think that some people can confuse "Hardcore fanbase" with a large fanbase. While Hockey is probably the most hardcore, it's nowhere close to the amount of fans of Football or Soccer has altogether. Also people will argue that Soccer has more hardcore fans.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »