Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #73
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I see the issues with the Seahawks offensive line but user offensive line does a very good job protecting. That's why I believe it's being played at a low difficulty. Take a look at 14:25. IMO the ol/dl interaction as a whole looks just as good as all pro. 2 double teams, one dt is completely knocked down. DE on the right gets cut and the DE on the left does a good job trying to get inside but is held up. Only issue I have is that kap should have been sacked because he went too far back and the DE should have run a better angle. IMO it's being played at pro, maybe even rookie.
I agree that some of it looks well done, but the OL'men quitting when getting beat is the issue I have. It was an issue last year on all skill levels and even with pass block slider at 100, so I would have to assume it is not tied to skill level a year later.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0
The gameplay is still robotic. No one runs like that. Everyone shouldn't run alike. They should have sinature stuff like NBA2k. The presentation is a lot better but that has nothing to do with gameplay. You can buy the same game every year with minor enhancements but I'm not wasting my money.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 5
Its the same Madden prettied up. Right now I am leaning towards another no buy...that would be 3 years in a row....for a game i used to buy first day every year. sad...but I can't keep playing the same madden year after year.

This franchise needs a complete overhaul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 5
The absolute worst thing is the tackling....why does one player make the tackle and the others stand around and watch? That completely kills the immersion for me. It seems like tackling was better 4-5 years ago. What happened to gang tackling????
Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #77
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

I am just going add on to a few posts that I have read and that I have actually posted. Sorry for the redundancy.

You know what would have been a great announcement? EA: "Hey all of you Madden fans! We would like to let you know that there will no Madden this year. Instead, we will continue to update Madden 25, including roster and technical updates for the next 2-3 years.. Before the boos start, let us just be clear about something. What we are doing is scrapping the code that we have now and building a brand new Madden from the ground up for this new generation of consoles..."

Ahhh...one can dream.

This looks like Madden with a pretty hefty facelift. Don't get me wrong, though. The graphics and presentation actually look pretty amazing. However, when the game starts moving is where I see the Madden of the past rear its ugly head.

To me, the animations still seem herky-jerky, like in the beginning cut scene (coaches and sidelines) and pre and post play. The transition does not seem smooth to me. For instance, when the QB walks from the huddle to the line, it looks great. It is the transition from that point to the line for the play that jerks for a second. In my opinion, animations, locomotion and character interactions are key elements in any game, especially a sports game. Also, I did not see any WR/CB fights or interactions. I don't know how I feel about the little mini QTEs.

The sidelines seem to be like last year...except the gigantic coach's headset. I would like to see if the camera crews actually pay attention to the game instead of looking the other way. It is also be interesting to see if they will be wearing different clothing, instead of looking like they are all going on a group safari.

Oh...I would like to see if the post game "interview" with the player of the game is still conducted by a member of the training staff, equipped with their utility belt and tape. And, while on that subject, I would like to see the play and player of the game to be a play and a player that actually made a difference in the game and not some player that made two tackles.

We will have to see about the crowds. Maybe, they will actually include women and children in the stands this year.

I don't know...I am going to Gamefly this first this year. I have a feeling it is the same Madden, just prettier. I think that we are pretty much at the WYSIWYG stage of production, with the release date mere months away.

However, with all of that stated, I will buy it if EA proves what I saw and what I feel is wrong.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #78
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The game looks very nice. It always does.

Things though that I want to see

1. Drastically improved AI (supposedly the defense is going to be a big improvement this year...would love to see that).

2. Auto Subs working properly

3. Formation Sub menu ala NCAA Series vs what we have which does not stick week to week

4. Penalties, penalties, penalties!!!!! Not a word on this yet again. Working Pass Interference, working illegal procedure, working defensive holding.

5. Even more robust GM capabilities and draft presentation within CFM. I am talking player suspensions, dynamic injuries, dynamic play by play and color within your CFM, restricted free agency, far better GM AI for CPU controlled teams

6. Replay system that works to a tee. This is huge in todays NFL it should be huge in Madden football.

I am still playing M25 on the PS3!!! So until all these things are really addressed...I will stick with it and stick with a PS3 console as well for another year minimum.

I always say...it takes 2-3 dev cycles to get sports games really hitting their stride. M25 was pretty much a port from all accounts. M15 seems like the first true step in the true development cycle. I know AI was tweaked and worked on for M25 for the current gen consoles but I hope the AI takes a bigger leap this year.

It looks really good as far as animations (still some wonky stuff) and it looks like Madden. I think you know what your getting. I also play on slow and it does make a huge difference in the animations.

I think online this game will probably shine. But offline I want to see big improvements with things that have not been working for like....forever now.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 06-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #79
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
Its the same Madden prettied up. Right now I am leaning towards another no buy...that would be 3 years in a row....for a game i used to buy first day every year. sad...but I can't keep playing the same madden year after year.

This franchise needs a complete overhaul.

They already did a franchise overhaul. This is it. I doubt we'll see another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
The absolute worst thing is the tackling....why does one player make the tackle and the others stand around and watch? That completely kills the immersion for me. It seems like tackling was better 4-5 years ago. What happened to gang tackling????

Gang tackling was kind of flawed too. It didn't really work. There was so much suction with all the tacklers that it was painful to watch.

Like I said, I've considerably lowered my expectations for not just this Madden but for ANY future Maddens. EA just isn't the right company to do this. It doesn't matter how many years they try.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

First off I must say the game looks GREAT from the graphics and presentation stand point. I can see the difference on this stream, which is a big deal in itself considering the quality of the video...with that being sad, I loathe reading some of the impressions people have with games...Madden and 2k basketball seem to have it the worse. Everyone seems to love to complain about these two games. While in other forums, like MLB the show for example I believe they give that team a pass every year!! It's time for something fresh with that series! Anyway, back on subject, I see a lot of good in this video. Is it the best sports game ever? Is it perfect? Of course not, but what can be said is that it's headed in the right direction. I see a lot of things, that can be improved upon, but we already some of these things (like WR DB interaction) we knew that wasn't touched this year so why even harp on it?

I'm not too jaded to say that this even best sports simulation around, but I also chose to take a look on the brightside and see that the team is doing everything that they can to go in the right direction...or so it seems to me, I can only hope that the game brings you all as much as you hope...I just hope you all tender your expectations to reality and not some fantasy island. Did I just date myself with fantasy island reference?? Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »