Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #97
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Graphics and presentation look great. I like what I heard from the devs in the Press Row interview, so I hope the under-the-hood stuff matches up.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 06-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #98
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

I was looking forward to Madden NFL 15, not so much now.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #99
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
I think Madden's biggest issue over the past several years is that it had several different dev teams that it basically kept trying to start over year after year. Add to the fact that we had different dev teams with different ideas and there was never a "foundation" for the game to build off of.
There have not been several different dev teams on Madden. They have made changes within the team. Promoting, replacing, hiring, etc, people in certain positions, but it's not a new dev team.

Call of DUty has several dev teams (Infinity Ward, 3Arch, Sledgehammer). Madden does not, and never has.

I actually wish they did have a new dev team.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #100
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
There have not been several different dev teams on Madden. They have made changes within the team. Promoting, replacing, hiring, etc, people in certain positions, but it's not a new dev team.

Call of DUty has several dev teams (Infinity Ward, 3Arch, Sledgehammer). Madden does not, and never has.

I actually wish they did have a new dev team.
Ok, my mistake for making the reference to team.

They have had different lead developers over the past few years that each had their own idea of what to put into the game. And with each new lead dev came a new idea of what to put into the game, therefore never allowing a foundation to be set.

Last edited by allstardad; 06-12-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #101
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Graphics look better. Not jaw dropping, but definitely better.

Player models look better. Still need work, but definitely better.

Finally they got the memo on presentation. Real-time. Sensible transitions. Looks really good. Better late than never.

Animations look the same, which is to say, very bad. Stop adding in new animations until you fix ONE terrible animation, ie the running animation. You know, the animation that you see 90% of the time that you play? What a novel idea.

I don't care what difficulty it's on, why are you still able to drop back 20yds without consequence? I guess Clint is no more successful than the last people that promised a real pocket.

TLDR, the waiting game is still on. Good grief.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #102
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
Ok, my mistake for making the reference to team.

They have had different lead developers over the past few years that each had their own idea of what to put into the game. And with each new lead dev came a new idea of what to put into the game, therefore never allowing a foundation to be set.

That better?
Those leads came from within. They may have had a few ideas of their own about direction, but none of it was a radical departure from what was already being done. They all had some expectation that Madden could improve, but their concept of improvement was less about blowing it up, which it should have been, and more about there's a couple of nagging things wrong with this already great game.

When I said that Madden hasn't had several dev teams, I wasn't pointing out a sematical error on your part or being a grammar Nazi. I said what I said to illustrate that the leads can change, but the quest for simulation remains the same. In other words, they think they are pretty much there already and just need to tweak a few things.

A new dev lead at Tiburon is the equivalent of getting a new back of the box feature. It never amounts to any more than that.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #103
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

...The biggest question with this is, how the hell can you not notice this issue? It took everyone in our league for M25 about 2 hours to see it. Once again - the ideas are good, the direction is good, the implementation is poor.
The whole post was spot on but I wanted to focus on this part about how does this stuff go unnoticed or at least unmentioned. I have asked for years do Madden devs actually play Madden and hearing the passion from some people working on the game, I presume they do. So that leads me to wonder if, since they see this stuff and know we will see it to, they should just mention it upfront. "We noticed ___ during development and we know you hardcore players will too, the fix is not as simple as it seems but we are working on it". I know that wouldn't fly with everyone initially but it's very direct and at some point everyone would have to move on. However when we are shown clips with various issues and Tiburon refuses to acknowledge what's happening right in front of us, like a roach crawling across their tv screen with a house full of guests, that's an issue, imo.

At one time I thought I was just being too nitpicky about the E3 gameplay, so I went to Youtube to look at "other" football gameplay. Sure enough, not even 1 full minute into a video, I saw what appeared to be gang tackling and an errant pass that went into the grass out of bounds, just out of reach of the intended receiver.

All that said, I know it's unreasonable to expect them to completely change Madden anytime soon or for them to come right out discussing lingering issues with a game they are selling to consumers. Just wanted to vent a little, thank you OS for listening.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
I'm curious to know if you meant "best in Madden to date" when you spoke of OL/DL interaction, or if you truly meant "best we've seen in a football game," which would be a more direct reference to the as-yet unparalleled OL/DL play in APF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »