Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256
First off I must say the game looks GREAT from the graphics and presentation stand point. I can see the difference on this stream, which is a big deal in itself considering the quality of the video...with that being sad, I loathe reading some of the impressions people have with games...Madden and 2k basketball seem to have it the worse. Everyone seems to love to complain about these two games. While in other forums, like MLB the show for example I believe they give that team a pass every year!! It's time for something fresh with that series! Anyway, back on subject, I see a lot of good in this video. Is it the best sports game ever? Is it perfect? Of course not, but what can be said is that it's headed in the right direction. I see a lot of things, that can be improved upon, but we already some of these things (like WR DB interaction) we knew that wasn't touched this year so why even harp on it?

I'm not too jaded to say that this even best sports simulation around, but I also chose to take a look on the brightside and see that the team is doing everything that they can to go in the right direction...or so it seems to me, I can only hope that the game brings you all as much as you hope...I just hope you all tender your expectations to reality and not some fantasy island. Did I just date myself with fantasy island reference?? Lol
The problem is, its been "heading in the right direction" for years, but it never seems to get there. I play a lot of NHL, and the player movement in that is fantastic. No herky jerky animations like in madden. There is terrible legacy stuff in these games that has been there for years, such as the lack of penalties, the bad stat sim engine...i could go on and on.

If they fixed these things, I think people would give them a pass also. I know I would. but when I see 3 players tracking down a ball carrier, and one makes an attempt at a tackle while the others immediately stop and watch, I cant deal with that. this is basic stuff that should have been fixed years ago. The same goes for the WR/DB interaction. its a huge part of football, and it was done well on that other football game 10 years ago on a completely inferior platform. Why can't they do that now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #82
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
The problem is, its been "heading in the right direction" for years, but it never seems to get there. I play a lot of NHL, and the player movement in that is fantastic. No herky jerky animations like in madden. There is terrible legacy stuff in these games that has been there for years, such as the lack of penalties, the bad stat sim engine...i could go on and on?
Honestly, FIFA and NHL give me hope for Madden because if those games can do it so can Madden. Madden seems like they just decided they wanted to last year. FIFA and NHL have been this 100% authentic SIM path for years and years. Last Madden Dev team was obviously on some bullsht.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #83
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Can anybody familiar with NCAA explain to me how exactly the "Tempo" stuff works in regards to calling plays.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #84
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

I think Madden's biggest issue over the past several years is that it had several different dev teams that it basically kept trying to start over year after year. Add to the fact that we had different dev teams with different ideas and there was never a "foundation" for the game to build off of.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #85
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
I think Madden's biggest issue over the past several years is that it had several different dev teams that it basically kept trying to start over year after year. Add to the fact that we had different dev teams with different ideas and there was never a "foundation" for the game to build off of.
Exactly. And now this dev team seems to be the right one but they are still building on a foundation of a bunch of other dev teams. So you can clearly see thew new smoother animations but that means the older ones stand out even more. Hopefully they will cycle them out Alpha and the final version of the game. We can only hope. They always claim to add hundreds of new animations, but they never prove it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #86
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Wouldn't it be easy to hard count and draw them offsides? This was against the CPU on pro or rookie.
If you watch the video, all you have to do is wait for the white circle around your player to turn white and you can jump the snap every time. But you missed the point of my post.
Will jumping the snap automatically get you to the QB. Will a low rated player bowl through double teams just because he timed the snap.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #87
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Looks good, but there's still stuff gameplay-wise that they don't have that was achieved on the PS2/Xbox with NFL 2k5. Still, this could be my first Madden since Madden 08, probably pick it up when it drops in price. If not, I actually feel I can look forward to next year's Madden because this should have been the foundation they should have had early last gen.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #88
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
If you watch the video, all you have to do is wait for the white circle around your player to turn white and you can jump the snap every time. But you missed the point of my post.
Will jumping the snap automatically get you to the QB. Will a low rated player bowl through double teams just because he timed the snap.
Obviously not.. look at the video. Just because it says perfect doesn't mean he instantly won the battle and got the sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »