Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #89
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Can anybody familiar with NCAA explain to me how exactly the "Tempo" stuff works in regards to calling plays.
well on ncaa you've got:

aggressive - uses less of the play clock and players get set quicker. drains more fatigue.

normal - what you're used to

conservative - chews the play clock up to around 6-7 seconds (?)

it's perfect in those kneel down situations when you get bored sitting there waiting to press A/X on :01 of the play clock.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #90
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
well on ncaa you've got:

aggressive - uses less of the play clock and players get set quicker. drains more fatigue.

normal - what you're used to

conservative - chews the play clock up to around 6-7 seconds (?)

it's perfect in those kneel down situations when you get bored sitting there waiting to press A/X on :01 of the play clock.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Any idea how something like this would work with accelerated clock? If it was set at 13 or 12 seconds, would moving the tempo to aggressive change that or would the accelerated clock negate that function?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #91
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Seems like a lot of people saying the same thing. Beautiful looking game of maddenball.

Love the presentation additions and camera angles. Don't love the gameplay.

I know it's a small sample size but cpu Russel Wilson went 4/4 with deadly accuracy. The only thing that stopped him was taking 3 sacks. One with a 3 man rush where (as others pointed out) his lineman barely double team and just seem to give up.

Head to head, maybe this will be a decent game. Vs cpu, it doesn't look like much has changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #92
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Gotcha. Thanks!

Any idea how something like this would work with accelerated clock? If it was set at 13 or 12 seconds, would moving the tempo to aggressive change that or would the accelerated clock negate that function?
it pretty much negates the accelerated clock.

on aggressive you'll get a lot more time. on normal, you'll get what you set in the options, and on conservative it'll milk it down to the last few seconds.

that's how it works in NCAA anyway. who knows how it'll come out in madden. assuming identically.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #93
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Finally, it looks playable at least.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 28

Coming from a guy who plays in online leagues exclusively, the 3 man rush issue is a BIG problem. Basically, what ends up happening is everyone starts playing quarters defense and subs in their other DE at the RDE spot to replace the linebacker who is originally there. Even if the offense comes out in an i formation or double TE set, you will see both guards block no one and just stand there hunched over. The DEs will beat the tackles like a drum and you get instant pressure. It's one of the most frustrating aspects of the game and can ruin it completely. Naturally, everyone realizes this works and does it all game. Why would't you? You have 8 in coverage, you can get great pressure, and if they run, your DT will isntantly shed his block right when the back gets to the line and stop you for a loss.

This type of crap is exactly where phrases like Madden-Ball come about, because that's exactly what that is. The funny thing is, if I call edge sting from the 4-3 under formation, I am sending 6 at the QB and have 5 defenders locked up in man coverage. A cover 0 blitz and you know what? Most of the time, it will get picked up no problem, but running that Quarters 3 man front, instant sack.

The biggest question with this is, how the hell can you not notice this issue? It took everyone in our league for M25 about 2 hours to see it. Once again - the ideas are good, the direction is good, the implementation is poor.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 8

I see the frustration but I want to remind you guys that there is a multi year effort to get madden where the team wants it to be. I ask one question. How does all of the NEW stuff look?

IMO all the presentation additions, post/pre play animations, defensive line moves, QB accuracy, zone coverage, and single tackle animations all look very well implemented (gang tackling isn't there yet). As long as the team keeps all of these improvements in the game, I trust they can improve other areas of the game just as good.

I know this has can be said almost every year but to me the new that's that they've added give me hope for next years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I see the frustration but I want to remind you guys that there is a multi year effort to get madden where the team wants it to be. I ask one question. How does all of the NEW stuff look?

IMO all the presentation additions, post/pre play animations, defensive line moves, QB accuracy, zone coverage, and single tackle animations all look very well implemented (gang tackling isn't there yet). As long as the team keeps all of these improvements in the game, I trust they can improve other areas of the game just as good.

I know this has can be said almost every year but to me the new that's that they've added give me hope for next years game.
I am so sick of waiting til next year, every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »