Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 1
The game looks great, graphiccally. Most of the additions seem good to me. I'm not sure about all the excitement about the QB run onto the field shot as there were no stats. I am hoping in franchise there will be stats. Also I wish it was not always the QB, why not do that for RBs, WRs, LBs, etc...if the team has them as their prime time player. I liked seeing the stats in the score bar up top. That might work and dismiss my need of stat overlays on screen...but I think those add to the game itself. We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #66

OVR: 34
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

My question is still, "what exactly does Ignite do?" To see a second defender just stand there while another tackle is happening and then walk away is just as awful now as it was 20 years ago.

Of course though, the game is perpetually in the process of being built "from the ground up." I know that is harsh, but I'm paying them.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #67
Rookie

slashpg88's Arena

OVR: 2
+ Presentation is very close to a CBS broadcast. Why not get the music and logos while you're at it? Or get similar broadcast for all the other networks instead of just CBS, they do play football on other networks

+ The defensive camera is nice but we've seen it before. Nice addition with the early jump on the line tho

+Graphics are looking great but that's never the problem, its the gameplay

- Same Madden we see every year. might be time for a rebuild

- Why are the players moving so fast? Frank Gore doesn't run like that, full speed all the time and can instantly juke and spin. Players tire the longer they run, we should see the stamina in their running. Slow down the game, its too much like a video game than actual football

- Did anyone else notice the first sack on Wilson? It looked like an old case of magnet tackling. The D-lineman dove and Wilson just got sucked into the sack, I thought we were done with this?

Grade B-
Old 06-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm honestly impressed by the presentation so far and how the gameplay looks so far. I'm praying that we finally get some DB/WR interaction and some pass interference calls. The devs have two finally put these two things in the game this year, not wait till Madden 16, we've been asking for this stuff for a long time. Anyway I have to admit that I am impressed so far.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #69
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Just my observation and personal preference, but I would like to see a game played on the "SLOW" speed setting, as that is what I play on. I've always felt that Madden plays "better" on the slow setting vs normal. Normal imo, makes the game feel herky-jerky and gives it an arcade feeling.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #70
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstardad
Just my observation and personal preference, but I would like to see a game played on the "SLOW" speed setting, as that is what I play on. I've always felt that Madden plays "better" on the slow setting vs normal. Normal imo, makes the game feel herky-jerky and gives it an arcade feeling.
Going to piggy back off this. Does anyone play Madden on default settings? I think most of us don't yet we still judge these videos that are default settings on pro difficulty.

I wonder how much some of you guys saying it "looks the same" "same old madden" "same gameplay" played Madden 25?

I played A LOT of Madden 25. I can name you 10 gameplay differences easily. I can't be the only one seeing these little things. Go back and reset your M25 to default and play it. This video is leaps and bounds ahead of that. Of course I can still name 10 things that need to be fixed/could be improved but to ignore the improvements isn't right.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 06-12-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 2

The graphics are good, they look on par with what they showed at E3 last year. I don't think anybody here has a problem with the graphics in this game. The animations are not so good. It seems that Madden is moving backwards in terms of tackling. Remember in the past when we had the "tumbleweed" animation. Now it looks like the first guy engages and the other players just watch the tackle. The animations stick out because the game looks beautiful. The presentation is top notch, the celebrations are great, commentary is meh, animations are poor. It definitely looks better than 25 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #72
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
-QB walk up to the line animations looked life-like
-signature throws
-offensive line fidgets really make them look less robotic

When it comes to new animations they have put into this game, it really does look like it can be the game everyone is hoping for. I can only hope they build off and add more of these little details.

He also mentioned they had a shortened development cycle due to madden 25 coming out late on next gen consoles. Can only imagine what the game will look like next year. I actually have a lot of faith in this dev team.
I agree on the QB walk up, but as soon as it transitions to the play it jerks for a quick second. It just doesn't look like a smooth transition to me.

@apollon42: I agree with your statement. This is the thing for me: As far as I can see right now, we have better graphics, better presentation and a few new features. Is it worth the purchase this year? Am I going to play this year's game more than I played last year's? I seriously played one season last year and that was it. I traded it in.

Last edited by testudoaubreii; 06-12-2014 at 09:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »