Home

NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #161
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

I'd love to buy more classic teams, stadiums or seasons, etc... You know. Things that have everything to do with NBA basketball.

Let me play out the 92-93 season, ill get the DLC

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

Stockton/Malone Challenges

The list goes on.. I would love to have something like this

but no we get VC, a sweatband, online connected rosters and more of this look at me my player shenanigans.

So from business to customer, im not exactly seeing this as providing me with something that I really want or care for.

IMO its not rational to me, and I don't buy it. However if it was like the above, I most certainly would.
So much this. I was sooooo pissed when I found out this was in the freaking mobile version and not the consoles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 05:06 AM   #162
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
They are rational business people acting rationally.

It's the consumers fault for buying the crap.
Sure, i guess you could say it's rational. Definitely, doesn't mean it's less distastful. Put it this way there are other buisinesses bigger than 2k that are known to treat their consumers waaay better and put out better products without milking their consumers. Look at video game companies like valve and naughty dogs. 2k is more in line with EA and activision at this point.

However, i will agree it is the consumers fault as well. And that especially goes for all these people complain and bitch about how bad the game is and how many problems it has, and then turn around and buy it on day one and give 2k their money. That's just stupid and impulsive, and anyone who does that has very little right to complain IMO.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:21 AM   #163
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Sure, i guess you could say it's rational. Definitely, doesn't mean it's less distastful. Put it this way there are other buisinesses bigger than 2k that are known to treat their consumers waaay better and put out better products without milking their consumers. Look at video game companies like valve and naughty dogs. 2k is more in line with EA and activision at this point.
Yep, you're right.

This will be my 11th 2K and I feel like I am an undesired consumer because I dont buy VC, don't buy in to all of Ronnie's **** and stick to realistic associations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
However, i will agree it is the consumers fault as well. And that especially goes for all these people complain and bitch about how bad the game is and how many problems it has, and then turn around and buy it on day one and give 2k their money. That's just stupid and impulsive, and anyone who does that has very little right to complain IMO.
I disagree. While I think the design choices are wrong the core gameplay is better than ever before. The fact many of us are longtime supporters should give us some input into the design process.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:34 AM   #164
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Yep, you're right.

This will be my 11th 2K and I feel like I am an undesired consumer because I dont buy VC, don't buy in to all of Ronnie's **** and stick to realistic associations.

I disagree. While I think the design choices are wrong the core gameplay is better than ever before. The fact many of us are longtime supporters should give us some input into the design process.
I've never bought vc and i refuse to out of principle. And yeah, ronnie is full of crap i learned that a couple years ago lol. Good luck with realistic associations in next gen though, 2k is ruining that as well because they don't want the consumers to have control over anything anymore so you're stuck with a mygm with teams making stupid trades and free agents like lebron going to the utah jazz or some nonsense.

Eh, i disagree about the core gameplay. Its probably smoother, but it still has the same legacy issues that haven't been addressed in years. There are issues that have been a problem since 2k9(such as awareness in loose ball situations, passing, and rebounding to name a few). And it's like they haven't even tried to fix them because there has been no improvement in these areas.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:30 AM   #165
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

I'd love to buy more classic teams, stadiums or seasons, etc... You know. Things that have everything to do with NBA basketball.

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

but no we get VC, a sweatband, online connected rosters and more of this look at me my player shenanigans.

So from business to customer, im not exactly seeing this as providing me with something that I really want or care for.

IMO its not rational to me, and I don't buy it. However if it was like the above, I most certainly would.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2qm5p.jpg (35.7 KB, 311 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #166
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpurpose
I never said or implied any such thing. I applaud you for your straw man though.
*Hands Up* You Got Me... Lol!
Smh.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #167
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly

Iverson Challenges

Jordan Challenges

Kobe Challenges

Vince Carter Challenges

Tmac Challenges

Hakeem Challenges

GP/Shawn Kemp Challenges

THIS! is what brought me to 2k from the get go!.I'd pay for any classic seasons. I don't know why 2k drifted away from this smh.

Last edited by midwestking100; 06-07-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #168
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
THIS! is what brought me to 2k from the get go!.I'd pay for any classic seasons. I don't know why 2k drifted away from this smh.

Bear in mind...

2K cannot always create some of these ideas because of legal issues & contracts.

2k Sports has a contract with the NBA that allows them to include certain players as part of an NBA team that they once played for.

But once 2k makes plans to start building these 'specific' game modes that FEATURE a given player ABOVE others... that's when all these player 'reps', business managers, wives, cousins, distant relatives & LAWYERS step in to ask for more money.

As a result, some former (and current) NBA players cannot reach an agreement with 2k over the use of their likeness because either they want too much money... or maybe they retired 10 years ago, but STILL demand to be on the cover of the video game since there is just ONE mode that features them... or maybe they want something that 2K cannot afford, or is willing to give them in exchange for putting them in the game.

Some players still hold grudges, and simply don't want to be in a video game if (insert name) is in it too.

Or some players may have agreed to contracts (long ago) with rival game developers that prevent them from being featured in 2k games.

Or some players don't want to be seen as 'second billing' beneath other players, even though they retired years ago.

Take Charles Barkley and Scotty Pippen.

Those 2 guys wanted too much money years ago. 2k could not afford them while paying Jordan top dollar at the same time. So they were not included in earlier versions of 2K.

The vast majority of (current) NBA players are covered under a 'group license' that allows 2K to use their likeness, and makes it easier for them to be paid their royalty checks, without much hassle.

But retired players, all-time greats & NBA legends typically negotiate their own deals with 2k, using their own agents & lawyers.

Bottom line...

'NBA Egos' will kill a good idea. Real fast.

Especially if there is money to be made but someone feels some kinda way about their 'cut'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »