Home

NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

I know I'm late to the party, but I just want to add my sentiments, in hopes that it's the straw that breaks the camel's back, however unlikely.

VC and MyPlayer emphasis, plus always online even for singleplayer, all gets a raised eyebrow. I might have to see what Live is up to afterall.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #138
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

2K is doing what's smart for business but at the same time not smart.

They added VC while NBA Live was MIA and a lot of casual gamers feel forced to buy it..when it costs like 20K VC to up your speed 10 points casuals who don't play often go "well it's only $10" and there you go.
But if/when Live ever gets back to being a legitimate competitor to 2K, they'll see where there loyalties lie.

If they wanna focus so hard on the fantasy modes (which I enjoy, mainly because there lack of focus on Association driving me in other directions) then maybe actually DO SOMETHING with these modes?
Imagine connected careers with your My Player, or even My Player leagues. And Park is a crappy concept, just keep either 3v3 or 5v5 quick match games where you can actually join with your friends...then bring back Crew. Stop worrying about this overly-complicated Park mess.

I knew VC was gonna stay, I didn't even get my hopes up for a second; 2K was always like the underdog to me, back in the day when Live was the top-seller 2K knew what the fans wanted and focused on that and it was all good. So good in fact that Live went away for a while...funny how 2K is becoming EA but wouldn't it be comical if Live came back and put 2K out for a couple years? lol
Old 06-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 5

Has it been confirmed that always connected for single player is happening again?
Old 06-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTheShowShortStop
Has it been confirmed that always connected for single player is happening again?
Not officially. Though, in the first post of this thread, there's an asterisk under the pre-order bonuses that says something along the lines of, "internet connection required". So some folks have taken that as a hint.

I suppose we can hope that just means internet will be required for things that'd absolutely need internet (head to head play from different locations) and not necessarily for general play.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 10

What I find funny is ALL these people on this forum crying about 2k, VC, blah blah, when the forums probably make up 5% of their target audience. It's quite apparent that 2k is targeting the arcade style players. The people who just want to get on and pay to play. The people who don't have the time to put in the man hours to put in the work or just who want to be the "best" right from the start.

They made it apparent that was the way they were gonna go on in 2k13, so I don't understand why people are still flustered.

VC is going nowhere. MyCareer and MyTeam will continue to be the focus since that's their bread and butter, and that's not changing any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
NBA 2K15 has DRM "Always online" again

Says in the preorder bonus it says internet connected required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you do realize that you have to have online in order to redeem the codes right?

Go look at any ps4 game or hell any game you have period, that has online capabilities. It will say the same exact thing.

Last edited by Dmac1991; 06-06-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #142
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac1991
What I find funny is ALL these people on this forum crying about 2k, VC, blah blah, when the forums probably make up 5% of their target audience. It's quite apparent that 2k is targeting the arcade style players. The people who just want to get on and pay to play. The people who don't have the time to put in the man hours to put in the work or just who want to be the "best" right from the start.

They made it apparent that was the way they were gonna go on in 2k13, so I don't understand why people are still flustered.

VC is going nowhere. MyCareer and MyTeam will continue to be the focus since that's their bread and butter, and that's not changing any time soon.

you do realize that you have to have online in order to redeem the codes right?

Go look at any ps4 game or hell any game you have period, that has online capabilities. It will say the same exact thing.

There is always one joker who will defend no what what, ain't there.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #143
Pro

RayZLAL's Arena

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Ships on October 7th, Pre-Order and Get the KD MVP Bonus Pack

LD2K and Devs wouldn't understand why we hate VC, because they get unlimited supply of VC to spend. They don't view the game in the paying consumer's shoes. If they did, VC wouldn't even exist and the game would focus 100% on basketball simulation than microtransactions.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #144
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZLAL
LD2K and Devs wouldn't understand why we hate VC, because they get unlimited supply of VC to spend. They don't view the game in the paying consumer's shoes. If they did, VC wouldn't even exist and the game would focus 100% on basketball simulation than microtransactions.

Bruh, you're missing the point it's about MONEY! Microtransactions/Season Passes are additional income for the company.

Let's not forget, In 2010 with the Draft Combine and MyPlayer, people cried like newborns cause it took your player Damn near a season or two to get a high overall rating. On this same forum, people said 2K should give us the option of leveling up our my players quicker, well, they did, and ran with it.

Personally, I don't play Ultimate Team with any sport, it's not appealing to me, but there appears to be a huge niche crowd that digs it and is willing to spend money on it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »