Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #1585
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

im playing a mix between rookie and pro lol. im trying to stick with rookie until i can figure out how to defend the paint. but judging from others reports it may be in vain until the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #1586
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
No, you two I don't have issues with. It's not merely a troll attempt. It's fine to see negative, I'm definitely not saying that it's a perfect game by any means.

That's weird as hell that the CPU is doing the pump outside on you 24th. I've never seen that, nor the big man all star dribbling that you posted. I did have Byron Mullins for LAC hit a 3 on me with 8 seconds left on the shot clock a few days ago, but that's about as bad as it's been.

I seriously believe that the difference between the One version and PS4 is "different" whether it be tendencies not reading correctly, or something.

Regardless, I'll check on the video this evening. I did upload these to facebook last night. I'm going to have to try a hardwired connection to the PS4, as it's getting dreadfully slow to upload here lately. I can only upload 1 clip every 30-45 seconds or so, and then it takes a while to get another "ready" to upload. But here's a PG fastbreak:

Pretty slick windmill on the break. I had him go baseline for the reverse dunk last night too, but couldn't upload due to the issue above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
I know that I'm nitpicking here, but if you'll notice PG takes 5 steps from the three point line (you can vaguely see it in the video) to the launch for his lay-up. IRL a player his size with his agility takes maybe 2... 3 tops.

This shows part of my frustration with player movement. That was an explosive move, but the animation was slow and jerky. The dunk was awesome the step(s) to gather were not.
What I noticed was that he jumped off his left foot and windmilled with his left hand. That's REALLY hard to do. I don't expect the game to recognize that PG is a 2-footed jumper but it would be a really nice attention to detail.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:00 AM   #1587
Rookie

Since when does the CPU play almost intelligently during the final seconds of a close game? Was playing Pistons VS Wolves last night and I was up by 2 with ~30 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. I stole the ball on their possession and was up by 4. Then the CPU does the unthinkable... takes a time out and uses a screen to make a mid-range jumper afterwards. I inbound... and they foul me. I sink one of two free throws and CPU again takes a time out. This time they missed, but they kept fouling me. They even had a final possession with me up by 4 and Love even took a last second desperation fadeaway shot from the free throw line (which was money), but they still lost.

Anyway, it was a surprisingly enjoyable ending to the game. Never had anything like it before in Live 14. Was it a fluke?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 AM   #1588
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSavage
Since when does the CPU play almost intelligently during the final seconds of a close game? Was playing Pistons VS Wolves last night and I was up by 2 with ~30 seconds to go in the 4th quarter. I stole the ball on their possession and was up by 4. Then the CPU does the unthinkable... takes a time out and uses a screen to make a mid-range jumper afterwards. I inbound... and they foul me. I sink one of two free throws and CPU again takes a time out. This time they missed, but they kept fouling me. They even had a final possession with me up by 4 and Love even took a last second desperation fadeaway shot from the free throw line (which was money), but they still lost.

Anyway, it was a surprisingly enjoyable ending to the game. Never had anything like it before in Live 14. Was it a fluke?
Has there been a new update that fixed that stuff? I haven't played in a couple days.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #1589
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSavage

its been hit or miss for me. sometimes i will get that great logic like you described. and sometimes (albeit rarely) they will be up by two with 30 seconds and just dribble out their shot clock giving me the chance for the tie/win. hopefully the "big patch" also addresses some of the issues like that as well. or ideally it would already be addressed via a synergy update and what you described will be the norm now. i havent played pretty much all week so that is possible.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #1590
Rookie

The majority of the games for me have been sound logic by the CPU but I have had games where the CPU is holding the rock like they have the lead and trying to dribble out the clock or something. But more times than not the AI plays to what you'd expect.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #1591
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

It's been more hit or miss with me lately...I have seen it one time after the latest "update" though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #1592
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Big thanks to the @Lakers for coming out to Player Face Scanning today. S/O @NickSwagyPYoung @XavierHenry! #LakeShow pic.twitter.com/5mM9KcO0ZG
Yeah buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »